This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    How is it a good thing that these kind of people who are likely to act out are allowed to own guns?
    It's not a good thing.

I'm just waiting for next mass shooting and they're talking about mental issues. Let's see who gets the blame.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    But being every able bodied man was PART of a milita back then, how would it 'screen out' people now?
    Average Joe isn't part of a militia... cause he wants the gun "to defend himself".

From hashtag JointSession to hashtag SessionsInTheJoint -- it was a fascinating read this morning on my twitter-feed.

AG Sessions perjured himself apparently. Woops!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Not like others havn't done the same on both sides before, although I must admit you have to be a special level of stupid to do it.

Comment

But being every able bodied man was PART of a milita back then, how would it 'screen out' people now?
        Actually, they were not. -Most- were capable of being drafted however.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Just watch though that's not "real perjury" but alternative perjury. Nothing will happen.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            Your interpretation ignores the fact that at the penning of the bill of rights, the federal government was -forbidden- from having a standing army due to the fears of the founders of governmental power being enforced by force of arms. They were aware, however, that the states and the union would need a trained fighting force they could call upon "as needed", hence the militia. Even the argument that the NRA version puts forth that it is to "protect the citizenry from an out of control government" has no basis in the 2nd amendment, but more an interpretation of the possible results of the 1901 laws that -allowed- the federal government to maintain a permanent fighting force and has nothing to do whatsoever with the 2nd amendment.
            And in that climate of fear of the government, you don't think they wanted the citizens to be able to arm themselves in the face of "an out of control government"?

Heh. I'll be you dollars to donuts that there are plenty of people on the left would want to use arms to control the government that was just elected in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              And in that climate of fear of the government, you don't think they wanted the citizens to be able to arm themselves in the face of "an out of control government"?

Heh. I'll be you dollars to donuts that there are plenty of people on the left would want to use arms to control the government that was just elected in this country.

As many as there are in the right that want to use arms to suppress the left and democracy and freedom loving people too. It works both ways.
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Well, the right has already come out and said it, before #45 was elected they would bring out their arms to stand their ground against Hillary. Have yet to see any on the left make a similar statement.

Comment

It's not a good thing.

I'm just waiting for next mass shooting and they're talking about mental issues. Let's see who gets the blame.

Average Joe isn't part of a militia... cause he wants the gun "to defend himself".

From hashtag JointSession to hashtag SessionsInTheJoint -- it was a fascinating read this morning on my twitter-feed.

and that's a bad thing why? if there's any chance at all of a criminal coming at me with ranged weaponry why shouldn't I have access to similar weaponry in order to stop him from harming me and mine and running roughshod through my home and property?

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    and that's a bad thing why? if there's any chance at all of a criminal coming at me with ranged weaponry why shouldn't I have access to similar weaponry in order to stop him from harming me and mine and running roughshod through my home and property?
                    Are you going to shoot to kill? Shoot him when he's running, and thus in the back (which equals 1st degree murder)? Do you consider a Glock .45 enough protection or do you want it to be an AR-15?

The more threatening you look, the more your attacker will want to attack you/defend themselves... It's a never ending circle.

Also, will you take full responsibility when your defensive actions got an innocent killed in the process? Or are you going with collateral damage?

Comment

Has no basis in the 2nd amendment, we are discussing the 2nd amendment, utterly irrelevant.
                      Then they would be just as stupid as people on the right who think they could do it as well.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                        Again, no basis in the 2nd amendment, we are talking about the 2nd amendment.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          Then they would be just as stupid as people on the right who think they could do it as well.
                          As an additional to this.
                          http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...s-fears-235320

So, the person who got shot (a democrat) is being used by a whiney republican as a defence against holding town halls.
                          One has to wonder just how much of republican fears are projections...............
                          sigpic

Comment

No he didn't. He was not part of the trump transition team or campaign to get elected, ergo his statement of "I didn't speak to russian people as part of the campaign" was TRUE.

Are you going to shoot to kill? Shoot him when he's running, and thus in the back (which equals 1st degree murder)? Do you consider a Glock .45 enough protection or do you want it to be an AR-15?
                            A pistol is good enough for me. I don't go hunting, so ARs, 30,06's and the like are not 'my cup o tea'..

Comment

No he didn't. He was not part of the trump transition team or campaign to get elected, ergo his statement of "I didn't speak to russian people as part of the campaign" was TRUE.
                              He lied to the committee, and he just recused himself from any further investigation in to Russian ties.

Oh he's guilty alright.

Comment

Perhaps this is a new tact the Democrats can take, -let- these people be sworn in (with universal voting against), then just wait a few weeks for them to crash and burn
                                Last edited by Gatefan1976; 02 March 2017, 01:27 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X