Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still can't get over Abetz..... What a putz?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I don't know when certain flags are flown, on whatever days, but the Rainbow-flag only makes it out on Spirit Day in October (third thursday of the month), International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia on May 17, and of course during Pride month in June. Beyond that, not a sign of that flag anywhere near any public buildings (not counting the gay bars).
      Quite a few days then given to that flag. ANy other group get that many days of their flag been treated special?

The EO is not about discrimination against Christians, it's about any religious person to hide behind their religion to justify their discrimination against anyone that doesn't fit into their perfect world view -- bakeries, doctors, nurses, shops, restaurants, housing, work, adoption, ....
      So what. Once you leave your house and are at work, your reliigous beliefs should take a back seat?

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

Mexico gets what? 300-500 Million a year? For a country with a Trillion Dollar economy and a national budget in the hundreds of billions...two things. 1, it won't pay much for the wall. 2, while the lack of those funds will hurt and drop the price of drugs in the streets here in the US, Mexico can live without it. But don't count on Mexico cooperating in catching bad guys.
      I don't see them cooperating much as is.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      I want one of these people to have their life or livelihood -depend- on one of em, and them say "sorry, you have to wait 90 days before I can come and help, I need to do some extreme vetting on your value as a human being.
      Like how? Needing a transplant? IMO that would be the only way someone here would have their life dependent in someone coming in quickly..

No, I see it all the time, damn rainbows everywhere, especially when it rains, it's a gay conspiracy!!
      I know. Several of my friends used to say they loved looking at rainbows after a rainy day. BUT cause of it being hyjacked by the LGBTQ community they can't stand it anymore.. I say their loss, as i still like looking at actual rainbows...

Nah, I am forced to say that there were many people who voted trump were rightly upset with both parties, it's a fair charge the democrats for totally dropping middle America.
      Yup. Many i know voted for trump, NOT cause they like him, but more as a repudiation of the "Establishment".. Both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
        and in a free country the militia would logically be made up of We the People...but you tend to leave that out of your arguments against private ownership of arms eh?
        In a free country, the militia would logically not be. At all.

Take a look around the world at states where armed militias exist as a significant force. None of them are free.

as an oft repeated meme goes: "I saw a movie once where only the police and the military had guns...it was called Schindler's List"
        I hope that meme goes to the toilet on a one-way trip, because I don't see where else it could arrive.

any dictator worth their salt, upon taking power, the first thing they do is remove the means by which potential rebels can effectively resist...but I guess they don't teach much in the way of history these days in the common core system
        That is actually completely false and we've discussed it a bunch of times. In most cases, any dictator worth their salt relies on armed irregulars - a militia of his loyalists - to suppress rebellions. Arab and Muslim dictatorships are awash with guns.

The Nazi Germany actually loosened the strict gun laws that existed in the Weimar republic. Under the 1928 law, all German citizens had to get a permit in order to own any firearm, and these permits had to be renewed every year. In 1938, the Nazis completely removed the restrictions on ownership of long guns and ammo, lowered the legal limit for gun ownership from 20 to 18 and exempted government workers and card-carrying NSDAP party members from the permit requirement. They didn't disarm the population, they ARMED their supporters in parallel to selectively disarming Jews and other "untrustworthy" population segments.
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post

The Nazi Germany actually loosened the strict gun laws that existed in the Weimar republic. Under the 1928 law, all German citizens had to get a permit in order to own any firearm, and these permits had to be renewed every year. In 1938, the Nazis completely removed the restrictions on ownership of long guns and ammo, lowered the legal limit for gun ownership from 20 to 18 and exempted government workers and card-carrying NSDAP party members from the permit requirement. They didn't disarm the population, they ARMED their supporters in parallel to selectively disarming Jews and other "untrustworthy" population segments.
          I find that just a little bit scary. Could it happen today, who knows?
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            That depends. If the government adhere to the 2nd amendment, no. If the government is not allowed to restrict gun ownership (aside from obvious problems, like nutjobs and the like) how could they disarm people they don't trust?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Quite a few days then given to that flag. ANy other group get that many days of their flag been treated special?
              Anybody ask?
              I have one example, the Confederate flag...................
              So what. Once you leave your house and are at work, your reliigous beliefs should take a back seat?
              Why, yes.
              Do I have the right to enforce my religious beliefs on you?
              Nope.

I don't see them cooperating much as is.
              You should read more then.

Like how? Needing a transplant? IMO that would be the only way someone here would have their life dependent in someone coming in quickly..
              That will do.
              You missed the point though, it was about the value of human life.

I know. Several of my friends used to say they loved looking at rainbows after a rainy day. BUT cause of it being hyjacked by the LGBTQ community they can't stand it anymore.. I say their loss, as i still like looking at actual rainbows...
              I think it says -a lot- about them, just quietly.

Yup. Many i know voted for trump, NOT cause they like him, but more as a repudiation of the "Establishment".. Both sides.
              But it did not repudiate anything, have you not seen that yet?
              I -understand- why they did it, and no, I don't think all trump supporters are raving nutters, but I do believe the vast majority of them were simply uninformed about what he represented.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                That depends. If the government adhere to the 2nd amendment, no. If the government is not allowed to restrict gun ownership (aside from obvious problems, like nutjobs and the like) how could they disarm people they don't trust?
                Quite, quite easily.
                They have done it to voting rights, they would have no issue with doing it to gun rights.
                Basically, see what Womble said.
                sigpic

Comment

Look, we found all the generals that trump knows more than............
                  http://www.cbsnews.com/news/more-tha...t-budget-cuts/
                  "The generals quoted Defense Secretary James Mattis to illustrate their point that foreign policy is not monolithic, and that diplomacy and defense are equal partners in U.S. policy.

“As Secretary James Mattis said while commander of U.S. Central Command, ‘If you don’t fully fund the State Department, then I need to buy more ammunition.’”
                  "

Generals preferring diplomacy -- who knew...

Explain.
                  LOL -- I read that in the voice of a Dalek.

Anyway...

It was in relation to how Muslims are treated nowadays by everyone else. You know, because Daesh uses Islam to serve their purpose so all Muslims must be bad cause of what Daesh does. And fearmongering against everything associated with Islam.

Mexico gets what? 300-500 Million a year?
                  According to the article I quoted, $320 million a year.

piktcha's a pretty?
                  Pictures sometimes say more than a thousand words could... or something.

No, I see it all the time, damn rainbows everywhere, especially when it rains, it's a gay conspiracy!
                  The raingods support the community.

There is a war on Christianity, did you forget??
                  To battle -- for King & country! CHARGE!!

Sounded like a lot of "hope" and "change".
                  And only most of the big claims were false.

and in a free country the militia would logically be made up of We the People...but you tend to leave that out of your arguments against private ownership of arms eh?
                  "We the People" are still not members of militias though.

[QUOTE=mad_gater;14558704]as an oft repeated meme goes: "I saw a movie once where only the police and the military had guns...it was called Schindler's List"^/quote$

Poor taste, I might add.

3 days out of 365?
                  And a month of 30 days -- usually only out on the weekend of the pride parade (depending when they are)

Yeah, that's excessive.

So what other flags do you know then? Or groups with flags?

Once you leave your house and are at work, your reliigous beliefs should take a back seat?
                  Yes.
                  Unless, you work with a group which is explicitely religious in nature, your believes have no place on the workfloor. And when that group provides a public service, aimed at the general public, there's no place for discrimination either.

Carrying crosses around necks, or wearing a head scarf, or any other sign of the reiligion you follow is all personal choice and depending on safety measures can be worn freely. You're, quite literally, not bothering anyone with it.

Believes, on the other hand, do.

Several of my friends used to say they loved looking at rainbows after a rainy day. BUT cause of it being hyjacked by the LGBTQ community they can't stand it anymore.. I say their loss, as i still like looking at actual rainbows.
                  Are you serious?!

Oh my goddess, how pathetic.

Origin of the rainbow flag:

A rainbow flag is a multicolored flag consisting of the colors of the rainbow. The actual colors shown differ, but many of the designs are based on the traditional scheme of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet, or some more modern division of the rainbow spectrum (often excluding indigo, and sometimes including cyan instead).

There are several independent rainbow flags in use today. The most widely known worldwide is the pride flag representing LGBT pride. The peace flag is especially popular in Italy and the cooperative flag symbolizes the international co-operative movement. It is also used by Andean people to represent the legacy of the Inca Empire (Wiphala) and Andean movements.

It's surprising how many different uses it has.

...but more as a repudiation of the "Establishment".. Both sides.
                  Well then, that certainly backfired if the reason was the establishment...

I hope that meme goes to the toilet on a one-way trip, because I don't see where else it could arrive.
                  Indeed.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  I would dare to say, they are well on their way, but instead of restricting gun owner-ship, they are expanding. I mean, that one bit about mentally ill people being able to get a gun... Yeah, that's real smart.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

"The generals quoted Defense Secretary James Mattis to illustrate their point that foreign policy is not monolithic, and that diplomacy and defense are equal partners in U.S. policy.

“As Secretary James Mattis said while commander of U.S. Central Command, ‘If you don’t fully fund the State Department, then I need to buy more ammunition.’”
                    "

Generals preferring diplomacy -- who knew...
                    ANY General worth their stars and bars prefers diplomacy.
                    As much as I appreciate the fact that two "warrior-scholars" are in this administration, I am not confident that they will be listened to. Mattis says don't cut the State Dept, it's gonna get cut, McMaster says "don't use the phrase radical Islamic terrorism", and he too got ignored.

LOL -- I read that in the voice of a Dalek.
                    EXPLAIN, EXPLAIN THE TOOD CLONE WILL EXPLAIN!!

Anyway...

It was in relation to how Muslims are treated nowadays by everyone else. You know, because Daesh uses Islam to serve their purpose so all Muslims must be bad cause of what Daesh does. And fearmongering against everything associated with Islam.
                    Yup.

According to the article I quoted, $320 million a year.
                    So, in the grand scheme of things, not much.
                    Pictures sometimes say more than a thousand words could... or something.
                    Not Pictures, pikcha's, my 7 year old draws pikcha's, my 13 year old draws pictures.

It's true, Thor has cross-dressed on more than one occasion

To battle -- for King & country! CHARGE!!
                    Sir, they have counter-charged with tithes and papal indulgences!!
                    And only most of the big claims were false.
                    My only real issue with it, if I am being honest is that it lacked substance. Obama's 2009 "hope and change" speech lacked on substance as well, hence my wording.
                    "We the People" are still not members of militias though.
                    You might find that more trump, or even generic right wing people -are- actually members of what would be considered a citizen militia, far more than left wing people are.
                    [quote]
                    as an oft repeated meme goes: "I saw a movie once where only the police and the military had guns...it was called Schindler's List"
                    Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                    Poor taste, I might add.
                    Poor is being kind.

3 days out of 365?
                    And a month of 30 days -- usually only out on the weekend of the pride parade (depending when they are)

Yeah, that's excessive.

So what other flags do you know then? Or groups with flags?
                    Far too many to count.
                    Yes.
                    Unless, you work with a group which is explicitely religious in nature, your believes have no place on the workfloor. And when that group provides a public service, aimed at the general public, there's no place for discrimination either.
                    Indeed.

Carrying crosses around necks, or wearing a head scarf, or any other sign of the reiligion you follow is all personal choice and depending on safety measures can be worn freely. You're, quite literally, not bothering anyone with it.
                    Yes, and it is at that point those damn lefties and people like the ACLU will step in to defend your right to wear your religious garb or iconography.

Believes, on the other hand, do.
                    Yup.

Are you serious?!

Oh my goddess, how pathetic.

Origin of the rainbow flag:

A rainbow flag is a multicolored flag consisting of the colors of the rainbow. The actual colors shown differ, but many of the designs are based on the traditional scheme of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet, or some more modern division of the rainbow spectrum (often excluding indigo, and sometimes including cyan instead).

There are several independent rainbow flags in use today. The most widely known worldwide is the pride flag representing LGBT pride. The peace flag is especially popular in Italy and the cooperative flag symbolizes the international co-operative movement. It is also used by Andean people to represent the legacy of the Inca Empire (Wiphala) and Andean movements.

It's surprising how many different uses it has.
                    Hmmm..............
                    I am sorta torn on that, not so much on your argument, but on what society views some -things- primary usage. I can think of something else that has multiple uses, is a symbol of something, but has been accepted by society to mean something else than what was originally intended.
                    There -is- a point where people must accept the views of the majority "in public", but they should also have the right to explain -if asked-.

Well then, that certainly backfired if the reason was the establishment...
                    And as the reality of being president sinks into trumps head, it will become less and less important to him. Take today where he appeared to soften his approach on illegal immigrants. I am sure some would consider even that small step a pathway to citizenship.
                    Weather he can reign in the radical elements of his administration or not (and no, I am not speaking of house republicans) remains to be seen.

I would dare to say, they are well on their way, but instead of restricting gun owner-ship, they are expanding. I mean, that one bit about mentally ill people being able to get a gun... Yeah, that's real smart.
                    The most -hilarious- thing I find about that?
                    Republican senators have claimed that town hall meetings are "too dangerous" to attend, because they are concerned with threats of violence against them.
                    Perhaps if they did not allow every Tom, Dick, and Psycho to -not just- get a gun, but wave it around publicly, there might be less to fear.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thor travelled between Midgard and Asgard on the Bifrost. It's literally described as a bridge made of rainbows And this is the most manly Norse God of Battle.

*won't mention genderfluid, pansexual Loki*

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                        Thor travelled between Midgard and Asgard on the Bifrost. It's literally described as a bridge made of rainbows And this is the most manly Norse God of Battle.

*won't mention genderfluid, pansexual Loki*
                        Thor himself was a cross-dresser, Loki took it a step further.
                        sigpic

Comment

I am sorta torn on that, not so much on your argument, but on what society views some -things- primary usage. I can think of something else that has multiple uses, is a symbol of something, but has been accepted by society to mean something else than what was originally intended.
                          There -is- a point where people must accept the views of the majority "in public", but they should also have the right to explain -if asked-.
                          Well, I, personally, am quicker to associate the rainbow flag with "peace" than with "LGBTQ", but I think that's because as a teenager that was the first thing I saw the flag associated with.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well, I, personally, am quicker to associate the rainbow flag with "peace" than with "LGBTQ", but I think that's because as a teenager that was the first thing I saw the flag associated with.
                            and in religious terms the rainbow is a sign of God's promise never to flood the whole earth again...little religion trivia

Comment

Thor himself was a cross-dresser, Loki took it a step further.
                              Don't forget about Baldr! He's the God of Beauty and Innocence.

It's almost as if the strict gender roles thing is a modern invention..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                                Don't forget about Baldr! He's the God of Beauty and Innocence.

It's almost as if the strict gender roles thing is a modern invention..
                                And you say I'm old.

Comment

Working...
                                X