Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seizing on Mr Trump's favourite mode of discourse, scientists at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), NASA and other bureaus have privately launched Twitter accounts — borrowing names and logos of their agencies — to protest against restrictions they view as censorship and provide unfettered platforms for information the new administration curtailed.
    In most organizations, that is grounds for immediate dismissal.
    Hopefully, the lot of 'em get walked out the door before the day is out.

Comment

Why? Does the first amendment not apply to them?

Comment

What 1st amendment?
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          What 1st amendment?
          This one.. He seemed all for it until it was Trump violating it with his gag orders and censorship..

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          How have I done that? Anybody has the freedom to speak their mind. I support that. It is enshrined in our Constitution just as much as the right to bear arms is.

They do NOT have the right to riot, trespass, use violence, steal, or to destroy property that isn't theirs. Nor do they have the right to block or disrupt traffic, or other people's lives.

There is also no guarantee that anybody will listen or give a damn.
          Actually, I think that the act of burning the flag itself as a peaceful protest should be covered as protected speech. My intent in posting the article about Clinton proposing a ban in 2005 yesterday was simply to point out the hypocrisy of those who are complaining about Trump wanting to do it now.
          The first amendment guarantees free speech. So their rights are not being violated. They are allowed to express their views. The first amendment also guarantees the right of other people to laugh at them.

Comment

The accounts are no longer in the hands of the "rogue" federal employees. Most have been passed onto other people. Logo's have been changed as well. For their own protection.

I follow almost all of them, including the EPA and NASA.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

SNORT!!

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...placement.html

So much winning!!
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                He's going to increase import tax on goods from Mexico to pay for the wall.

But no big deal right? Americans don't import anything important from Mexico, right?

Annoyed! Do you know that Mexico is the third largest exporter of goods to the US? And that most of it is food?

The consumers in the US will pay for the wall. Especially those who like to eat...
                True we DO get a lot of food from Mexico.. However i can live without guakamole!

Comment

time to make those commoners who voted Trump will feel (even more) foolish again:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...-man/97067334/

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    and let's not forget that that particular commandment is an incomplete translation form the original Hebrew.....the original word in Hebrew for that commandment was the Hebrew word for cold-blooded murder, there was a different word in Hebrew used to describe the kind of killing that occurred in the normal course of using force to defend oneself or fight a war
                    But the whole group of the ten commandments are written in a deliberate concise and short manner. Sure, it means illicit killing, but then that begs the question answered elsewhere. But I digress, my point was made.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Why do you refer to the 10 commandments?
                    What is the relevance of Christian/religious faith here?

Because it is relevant to those I was speaking to.

He's going to increase import tax on goods from Mexico to pay for the wall.

But no big deal right? Americans don't import anything important from Mexico, right?

Annoyed! Do you know that Mexico is the third largest exporter of goods to the US? And that most of it is food?

The consumers in the US will pay for the wall. Especially those who like to eat...
                    Mexico is also the second biggest importer of American goods (The biggest being Canada). Should Mexico retaliate with its own tariff....that's a lot of American jobs lost. There wouldn't be much net gain in Jobs. Mexico and Canada import twice as much as China and many times over than any other country. And there is a growing movement of "Buy Mexican only" so don't think that there wouldn't be the political will to tariff American imports if the US does it to Mexico.

In most organizations, that is grounds for immediate dismissal.
                    Hopefully, the lot of 'em get walked out the door before the day is out.

It's not just regular peeps. The entire organizations are being forced to keep quiet. Including sharing scientific discoveries that would normally be public. They can still publish it to academic circles. The Media and other distributors of information just have to dig deeper to get it. Not to mention regular communications of information that citizens need.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    True we DO get a lot of food from Mexico.. However i can live without guakamole!
                    Not just food. And of the food, not just supplements like guac.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

does it get any more ****ing hypocritical than that :

http://uk.businessinsider.com/trump-...17-1?r=US&IR=T

the LSOS pretending to prepare a campaign as if he doesn't already know the outcome

why need a proper campaign if the elections will be rigged anyway?
                      it's not like he plays by the rules (not like his predecessor)

not even sure he'll leave after 8 years he could find a way to circumvent the 2 term limit (or just rig the 2024 elections too & transfer power to one of his sons)

Comment

This one.. He seemed all for it until it was Trump violating it with his gag orders and censorship..
                        Please re-read the article. You do not have the right to use official company names & logos. If I ever put my employers logo on anything making a statement like this, I would be fired before you can spit.

Comment

Woops...

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          not even sure he'll leave after 8 years he could find a way to circumvent the 2 term limit (or just rig the 2024 elections too & transfer power to one of his sons)
                          He might not live that long. If I'm not mistaken he's 70 at the moment -- or late 60ties?
                          It wouldn't be a very long dictatorship.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                            does it get any more ****ing hypocritical than that :

http://uk.businessinsider.com/trump-...17-1?r=US&IR=T

the LSOS pretending to prepare a campaign as if he doesn't already know the outcome

why need a proper campaign if the elections will be rigged anyway?
                            it's not like he plays by the rules (not like his predecessor)

I bet he picks the shifty one who always looks like he's up to something..

Comment

I bet he picks the shifty one who always looks like he's up to something..
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                Like *what* foods? We also import a lot of fruits from South American countries, too. Same stuff grown down there that's in Mexico. I'm not saying stop eating fruits from Mexico or bypassing it altogether -- Mexico and the USA can make a deal on their various goods being passed back and forth.

Oh yeah, almost forgot ---- California loves to put avocados into nearly everything their eatery places provide. So, let California join Mexico, make some sort of meal-deals, and then they'll get FREE trade -- all the avocados they ever wanted..

You mean some kind of "free trade" agreement?
                                Yeah, I think someone worked on that one, and you seem to be amazed by it..............
                                No. I mean work out a system that works on both sides. Do we pay some sort of fee now to bring in foods from Mexico? Probably. So, it isNOT all FREE. I think any import fee/TAX is already worked into the total price of the food, otherwise additional /tariff "customs duties" get imposed (for whatever the custom agents deem). This system has always been there, as far as my history / social studies classes have revealed.

Oh jeeze.. And *YOU* (non-USA) folks were so worried about what would happen to our health plans, while I told you all what *really* needed to be done -- TWEAK it..!

Didn't I say that the ACA or AHCA aka "Obamacare" could or would simply be cleaned up and tweaked to make it better? (Regulation language wise, that is also known as *repeal and replace*.)

BTW.. "I told yah so."

Oh yea (yee) of *little faith*... (shakes head / face palm! =)

Comment

Working...
                                X