X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Oops...
    Only the penitent man shall pass........
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
      of course the republicans wouldn't vote for him
      the vast majority of the working class on the other hand...
      Given a choice between Hillary & Sanders, I'd take Sanders. He's got some of the right ideas... specifically on trade.

Comment

I've heard of people planning to make a drinking game out of the amount of lies bound to be told in tonight's debate (drinking a shot for every lie told)...how about eating a ghost pepper for every lie told?

Comment

People won't make it past the first sentence coming out Trump's mouth. They'll have to chug the entire bottle at once.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

People won't make it past the first sentence coming out Trump's mouth. They'll have to chug the entire bottle at once.
            Frell. I should have read this thread before commenting in the other one
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
              I've heard of people planning to make a drinking game out of the amount of lies bound to be told in tonight's debate (drinking a shot for every lie told)...how about eating a ghost pepper for every lie told?
              Not a bad idea, but on a weeknight? Most folks have to work in the morning. Do it on a Fri./Sat. and I might even want to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                Not a bad idea, but on a weeknight? Most folks have to work in the morning. Do it on a Fri./Sat. and I might even want to watch it.
                you missed the second suggestion....about eating a ghost pepper for every lie told

Comment

I have it on record right now, don't want to subject the whole family to it
                  sigpic

Comment

So, we are drinking
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

@ SGAlisa -- I'll take Gatefan's ragnarok over your armageddon.
                      That's nice, go ahead and enjoy it. You'll have to wait for Armageddon (as noted in the Bible) to occur first, tho.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      Ragnarok is -honest-, there is no "special people", there are no "escapes", it's a total poo-fest. ALL things end, from people to Solar systems, to Galaxies. Entropy is the only constant in the known universe. From death however, we have new life, NEW life, not the poor buggers caught in the previous storm.
                      At best, we can hold it off, and I want it held off for as long as possible.
                      That sounds like another version of rebirth thru resurrection.
                      I prefer to imagine that particular stage of "life" as the pupa transition, as in what a butterfly sort of experiences, but transforming from a mortal lifeform into an eternal one. Question is, do we get beautiful wings?

The "info" did not magically appear here, you -put- it here!!
                      Sighing that it is in this thread, when you started it is utterly ridiculous.
                      Oh, that is because you (GF1976) asked me a (political) question, on whether or not I would like our country to be like those other countries (Russia, Saudi Arabia, etc.) with restricted laws to resolve various situations plaguing those regions, to which I said I would not give a yes or no answer. I gave an alternate answer instead--that I believe only Jesus will be the ultimate persona who will stop the problems plaguing this planet and restore the earth to its former beauty.

Now, it's my fault for bringing up the "belief" over Jesus returning to earth as being the Rider on the White Horse (as noted in Revelation 19:11-16) to fix, restore, and heal what humans have not been able to fix since they took over as caretakers of this little earth? I gave you (GF1976) an honest answer to your original question. I didn't expect you to agree with it or like it at all. I simply answered the question, and expected it to go no further.

However, it seemed that there was an entire dialogue by several personas in this political topic, that went beyond the realms of my participation, until I was finally able to re-read it all----tried to pull it all together, reign it in, and respond in a follow-up post, hoping to end any further follow-ups to the follow-up.

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                      If the timeline I just described was totally a jihadist issue, then nothing but war after war after war will be accomplished. Wars and battles just leave a huge mess. People don't seem to be able to manage both wars and saving the earth's environment from utter destruction anyway. Besides, BOTH are diametrically opposed to each other with only one gaining winning ground than the other (that is--war vs. environmental healing).

WTF are you dribbling about here?
                      If you read what I quoted, you'd know the answer. The reply I gave was Because FH asked the following--

You want Jesus to fix your problems, or the world's problems which basically means he will have to fight all that which you consider bad and/or evil -- how does that not constitute as a holy war? A jihad?
                      Gatefan1976, I gave my reply that there was no holy war or a jihad in what I wrote. Even went to lengthy details explaining the why. Sorry, but I'm not going to re-explain a thousand times over again. Once was enough (= for now, anyway).

Possibly, the situation might be closer to what Ian-S wrote--

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                      He'd nuke us from orbit Anubis style, he wouldn't even bother saying hi.
                      One would assume you would know that is a stargate / Aliens reference.............
                      yah think? Really? Have you ever read my episodic Stargate postings / rantings (defending SG1 and SGA)? As if I didn't know what the whole Stargate program was about. jeesh!

Mythical Story?
                      SG, the giants will use you as a chew toy, but keep up your belief that giants are just a fairy tale, and when you land in Hella's realm, you might realise you backed the wrong horse.
                      Or are we not going to attempt to tell people to believe based on fear?
                      Left your quote in its entirety there, but my reactionary focus is on the "horse". Perhaps it is you (GF1976) who is backing the "wrong horse". There are two white horses in the book of Revelation. But only one carries the "King of Kings, and Lord of Lords" Rider, who is called "Faithful and True". The other "rider" only seeks conquest and to conquer, not to heal nor to tell the truth, etc.

(jeeze.. seems that conquering "rider" on the white horse has already been chomping at that proverbial gate.. been lots of them over the centuries, but for our time now, there's another one.. will there be more conquerers? That is the ultimate question.)

I do apologize for not replying line by line, because it was getting very difficult to follow whatever you wrote. I'm sure you feel likewise the same way. But when a group of comments ends up sounding off into too many directions, I just feel it's just better to make a generalized comment about the whole and leave it with that. Nothing else needs to be added, IMO.

Otherwise, regarding the future political scenario---
                      if (generic) you feel so strongly that your plan works better -- then, enjoy the journey getting there. The impression I see, is a very shaky and rocky ride ahead--for the whole world, not just the USA. I just don't seem to have that same positive vibe that you may be feeling about with our world in its current condition(s). I've already explained *why*, so I'm not going to rehash that all over again.. not at the moment.

Comment

Didn't we have a special thread for this religious nonsense?

Comment

And pray tell how much drunker will they be once hillary opens HER fat mouth?
                          Or do you feel she can't lie?

Keeping with politics, but OFF of the debates etc.
                          Who here thinks that protestors who block of freeways/roads etc, should be charged in some way, if CAUSE of their blocking of traffic, emergency services were unable to get to someone in time to save their life??

PS i might have asked that before, but can't remember when or where.

Comment

You have asked before, and it has never, or -extremely- rarely happened.
                            sigpic

Comment

Start sober, end trashed

NPR's transcript and fact checking of the debate.
                              http://www.npr.org/2016/09/26/495115...dential-debate
                              sigpic

Comment

That's nice, go ahead and enjoy it. You'll have to wait for Armageddon (as noted in the Bible) to occur first, tho.
                                So, your faith is the one true faith then, hu?

Oh, that is because you (GF1976) asked me a (political) question, on whether or not I would like our country to be like those other countries (Russia, Saudi Arabia, etc.) with restricted laws to resolve various situations plaguing those regions, to which I said I would not give a yes or no answer. I gave an alternate answer instead--that I believe only Jesus will be the ultimate persona who will stop the problems plaguing this planet and restore the earth to its former beauty.
                                The problem with that, SGAlisa, is that every single person in this thread has stated at various points in time (and will do so in the future), their personal thoughts and feelings on political matters. You have dragged religion into it at every turn. Never, or rarely, do we hear (or read) what drives you (and no, that's not asking for more life stories).

How do you feel the Syrian war should be resolved? What's your opinion on North-Korea? How do you feel about the Trump/Clinton debate?

The Bible is not going to solve anything, or the Quran, or the Talmud, or any other scripture.

It's actual, living, breathing people who are in play.

Ragnarok might come, but for me it won't be in the shape of GF's gods, or your the four horsemen or whatever. It will be men and women, living and breathing. Men and women we know, who will decide our faith fate.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                And pray tell how much drunker will they be once hillary opens HER fat mouth?
                                Or do you feel she can't lie?
                                Ah, he-who-cannot-lie does more lying than any candidate before him... ...but for your amusement...

Start sober, end trashed

NPR's transcript and fact checking of the debate.
                                http://www.npr.org/2016/09/26/495115...dential-debate
                                GF beat me to it.
                                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 27 September 2016, 04:46 AM. Reason: Thanks Gatefan for pointing out my spelling mistake... FATE, I meant fate.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X