• Time
  • Show
Clear All

If sanity was a requirement, Trump wouldn't have made it this far
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

There's a big different between Trump and Duke
      Trump's drawing card is that he advocating an overall strategy which he says will improve the lot of the lower/middle class working stiffs in this country, who have been getting shafted for decades. This strategy is multifaceted, including changes to trade policy, tax policy, undoing LSoScare, and yes, enforcing our immigration laws and establishing control of our borders.

The latter is misunderstood; Establishing and maintaining control of our borders and enforcing our laws is NOT a racist act, most other countries do it as a matter of course without question. But for some reason, if the US wants to do the same, it's motivated by bigotry. To which I say "Felgercarb", in order to play nice with the mods. The meaning of that word is commonly known on this board, however.

Duke's ideas are single minded, clearly racial in nature.
      So while Trump enjoys incredible levels of popular support, I don't think Duke will be able to ride along on that, because his is a single issue, bigoted candidate.

Comment

The worst part is that ^ actually believes there's a difference..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
          The worst part is that ^ actually believes there's a difference..

Apparently, so do a lot of other people. I don't see Duke drawing the levels of support required to make a run at POTUS.

Comment

Is Comedy Central looking for talent?

Clinton acknowledges hard work ahead, frustrated by America’s ‘caricature’ of her

“I think that it's fair for Americans to have questions,” Clinton said, in an interview taped Saturday. “Every time I run for an office, though, oh my goodness, all of these caricatures come out of nowhere. And people begin to undermine me because when I left office as secretary of state, 66 percent of Americans approved of what I do.”
            Maybe that's because the truth of "what you do" doesn't come out until much later.

Really, few comedy writers are this good.

Comment

Have you ever seen Fox News? It's a 24 hour satire/parody channel. It's amazing how they can read the stories and keep a straight face

Comment

I don't generally watch any network news channel, unless I want to catch a breaking story.
                But yes, I know, Fox is biased to the right. Which suits me fine.
                There are far more left-biased sites and networks in the US than there are right-biased.

You know I have the same opinion of left-oriented sites such as Huff-n-Puff post, right? Utter and complete garbage.

Comment

I know.. You always call me a communist when you're especially angry..

Even when what we're talking about has nothing to do with politics..

Comment

Maybe he doth protest too much...

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Does she fit in the awesome column or the Justin Bieber column?
                      From how on most EVERY site i have visited, she is disliked in some cases even MORE than Bieber, she should have her own column..

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

Are the Occupy Wall Street folks still around? Or did they all move back into their parents basements?
                      More than likely that's exactly what they did.

Trump's success has made it possible for David Duke to run for a Senate position..

So.. Trump supporters.. Is this part of the 'Great America' you imagined?
                      Exactly how is Trump's success making it possible for a CRIMINAL to run for office??

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      If sanity was a requirement, Trump wouldn't have made it this far
                      If Sanity was a requirement, most of Congress especially Pelosi and BOTH Clintons wouldn't be allowed to run, let alone have severed as long as they have..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Exactly how is Trump's success making it possible for a CRIMINAL to run for office??
                        Don't you think Trump's incredible level of popularity emboldened him to run? I have no doubt he looked at Trump's numbers and thought that the only thing driving them was the part of his platform about securing the border and tossing the lawbreakers out, and thought that people would support his racist ideas.
                        Sorry, wrong answer.

Comment

I know.. You always call me a communist when you're especially angry..

Even when what we're talking about has nothing to do with politics..
                          That's commie talk
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Why do you feel we need an end to quotas?? And what reworking do yu see we need on welfare?
                            On the issue of welfare, there's a lot of waste invovled. For example, social workers in say... Metropolis want to train someone who is in their caseload for welding because there is a need for welders due to a sudden reduction in skyscrapers (thanks Superman). The problem is that a bunch of red tape keeps them from giving these people that training thus the only other solution is continued government paid support. Instead of investing a relatively small amount of funds in the short term into retraining an individual, they'll have to spend a larger amount of funds in the long term sustaining them.

I would like to see more workfare style reforms like those in the 90's and make welfare a bit more selective for immigrants. If a family has been here 10 years and they've been working and supporting themselves and then fall into bad times. Sure, they should be able to get help from the system they've been paying into all of those years. But if a brand newly arrived family can't find the opportunity they need...I'd say they should go for the short term style support (or if feasible, help them return home?)

Another thing is that sometimes jobs aren't there. Maybe, depending on the situation, instead of giving someone handouts for what could be years and years, make a smaller investment by helping them get a job elsewhere and relocate there. It's all about doing the most help with the least expenditure. It is, in fact, cheaper to teach a man how to fish rather than feeding him a fish every day. Our system started to go in that direction before, it just needs to get there.

Of course we need to accept that not everyone will be able to get off the government payroll. And many will fall through the cracks. But that's why I think governments should work more closely with private charities and programs.

The reason I pair that off with immigration is to keep it so that it is clear that if one is to immigrate here it is not to receive "free government money." That means that a quota free system would result in immigration levels being dictated by the market. People will flock to where there are jobs and flee where there are none. If Central Americans know that there is no job or government aid to be had here, they wouldn't come. Unless they're fleeing violence but I did mention something about screening to make sure immigrants come to work and such...
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              Don't you think Trump's incredible level of popularity emboldened him to run? I have no doubt he looked at Trump's numbers and thought that the only thing driving them was the part of his platform about securing the border and tossing the lawbreakers out, and thought that people would support his racist ideas.
                              Sorry, wrong answer.
                              It's not just his popularity, nor his policy. Romney also advocated border security and non-amnesty. Yet that didn't produce this result. What is emboldening him is the rhetoric. The moment he said that most Mexicans, oh sorry, most "illegal aliens", are rapists that spoke to the racist ideology of those like David Duke. As well as a multitude of like comments. Banning Muslims? Great! How about banning Jews too? That's the thought process. Once again, Romney warned about this calling it "Trickle Down Racism". Had Ted Cruz stolen Trump's limelight you wouldn't be seeing this, at least not to this level.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Trump slandered the family of a fallen army Captain.

And loved his comment about his wife's naked image of the cover of some paper - the New York Post (I looked it up). His comment though:

In Europe, pictures like this are very fashionable and common.

*snort* Dumba$$!
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X