No announcement yet.

What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can a film made in 2001 be "classic"? 2001 seems like last month to me.
    sigpic
    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Johnny English
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
        Johnny English
        That never gets old

Hook
        Prince of Persia

{in that order}

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          Johnny English
          Johnny English - Reborn!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
            How can a film made in 2001 be "classic"? 2001 seems like last month to me.
            I didn't mean it's a classic. I mean it's so good that one day it's gonna be considered one of the best classics ever.
            FYI, classics are thing from the last decade. 2001 was from the last decade.

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
              FYI, classics are thing from the last decade. 2001 was from the last decade.
              This is simply not true, classics are anything at least 40 years old. In my personal taste, a classic movie is anything black and white and not in color

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Classic.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                  This is simply not true, classics are anything at least 40 years old. In my personal taste, a classic movie is anything black and white and not in color
                  These are called oldies, not classics.
                  Oldies are older than classics.

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                    These are called oldies, not classics.
                    Oldies are older than classics.
                    Actually, in some cases, a classic movie is a movie that has attained a certain level of status, that said, the LOTR movies are considered classics, as are also Fantasia and Fantasia 2000. Oldies = old music

anyhow, back onto the topic as I was merely giving my personal view on the term of classic films that I personally see as classic. I merely see movies as far back as 1980 as recent films, old movies are the Disney 1950-80 era films like Old Yeller and etc, whereas before those {the silent era to late 1950s} are the classic films, at least, to me

No offense is intended in anyway of how I speak!!!

Recent movie I saw; Clue with Tim Curry, a 1985 film that is so danged funny it is impossible to not laugh

Comment

I agree with Princess Awinita on the classic definition. I don't know if it needs to be black and white to be a classic but I'd agree with being 30-40 yrs old. Something that has stood the test of time. Loved by more than 1 generation.
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                        *Coughs..points to quote..Coughs*

PS
                        Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Comment

Johnny English Reborn
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Three Musketeers (2011) and
                            Abduction

In the latter, just wished the back row of teeny girls didn't (noisily) half-faint every time the lead took his shirt off (which was suspiciously more often than strictly needed).

Comment

DVD: The X-Files: Fight the Future

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Dont be affraid of the dark.

It was utter rubbish more funny than scary.

Comment

Working...
                                X