What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On DVD: Playing God
    Edgy action thriller starring David Duchovny, Timothy Hutton, and Angelina Jolie.

Very slick, very cool movie. One I thoroughly enjoy from start to finish.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
      finally found my way to the new Pirates movie. Depp was wondy as always. missed Kierra (sp?). Those I attended with varied in thoughts. One enjoyed it very much. Two said it was their second fave. I found it on the average for Pirates. Certainly not my fave.

It was definitely worth a go!! ENJOY!

teehee!!
      I liked it too, I thought Penelope Cruz was a nice addition.

Comment

from the library: dirty harry & magnum force are awesome
        recomendations:
        funny 1s include scott pilgrim vs the world, shaun of the dead, hot fuzz, night of the comet, blazing saddles, the back to the future films, & doctor strangelove.
        other great films: manchurian candidate(the 1 with frank sinatra), serenity(watching the firefly series is advisable), the alien film series, a scanner darkly, tron(the original, haven't seen tron legacy yet as of my typing this), 2001 & 2010 space odyssey, solaris(the original soviet film, haven't seen the hollywood remake),push, taken(the scifi channel film like miniseries), & omega man.

to avoid: i am legend(the book it was based on is awesome, to bad the movie isn't much like the book at all)

Comment

My recommendations (from what I watched this week):
          1- Stephen King's: Pet Sematary, The Shining (miniseries which is much better than the movie and much like the book), 1408 (with the original dark ending) and Needful Things.
          2- Fahrenheit 451, A Night to Remember ( the original Titanic 1953 I guess), The Lake house and Just Like Heaven.
          If any of u is into books, then I recommend these books. (Pet Sematary, The Shining, Needful things and Fahrenheit 451)

Enjoy.

Originally posted by jackfloyd1973 View Post
          the back to the future films
          I have to admit that you have a taste.
          serenity(watching the firefly series is advisable)
          Serenity was awesome, but I don't think I would have had the same opinion if I hadn't watched Firefly. It's better than Firefly, BTW.
          tron(the original, haven't seen tron legacy yet as of my typing this)
          I haven't seen the original, but I've seen the new one and it's TERRBILE. That's why I didn't even try to watch the old one.
          taken(the scifi channel film like miniseries)
          It is awesome and I never get tired of it. Anything Spielberg has to be awesome.
          to avoid: i am legend(the book it was based on is awesome, to bad the movie isn't much like the book at all)
          lol I couldn't even continue the movie.

Seriously, you have a good taste in movies.

Comment

Watched Sherlock Holmes on DVD this morning!
            "Go to hell!"

"Earth first!"

Comment

Sphere
              Grimm returns October 24
              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

The Princess and the Frog

It's great, especially the music
                sigpic
                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

On Blu-Ray: The Mechanic

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Empire Returns!
                    "Go to hell!"

"Earth first!"

Comment

True Grit

The remake was good but I thought it would be better. The actress playing the girl was the best thing about the movie. Great acting on her part.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

On DVD: The Departed

Comment

On DVD: The Back-Up Plan with Jennifer Lopez and Alex O'Loughlin. Cute!

IHS
                          sigpic

Comment

On TV: Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Babylon 5: Thirdspace
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

On TV: Soldier

Comment

Working...
                                X