This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    I agree SS, everyone should check the site as it's full of fun stuff.

I don't normally enter contests, and can only recall doing it once before, when I was a student. I wanted to enter the 'Open Brass Competition' in the Edinburgh Music Festival, so when I was filling in the entry form, I asked Fred (my brass teacher) what I should play. He told me to put down " Concertstück for Euphonium", written by him. I put this down and asked him how long it was. He asked me how long it was allowed to be, and when I said four minutes, he told me to put down 3 mins 40secs. To cut a long story short, he had to write it for me. I got the music three days before the contest and he had to play the piano as he was still finishing off the accompaniment on the day of the competition. The ink was still wet when we played, and I don't know if it helped to sway the adjudicator, but I won!
    ((((Bev))) that's just so neat, what an inspiration he must have been, and how proud of you too of course

Good luck in the musings section, I love that poem *sniffs* *nips off to vote again*

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      Mala...thankies for the advice I *think* I understood it!

I have a really big favour to ask of you...since you know more about websites than I do...I'm trying to set up an archive for my site and I've found the Automated Archive...it's a CGI-Bin...thingy and you need to use it with MySQL.

Thing is...I don't have a clue about what to do with it!!!! If you can help...please do (before I go bald through pulling my hair out)
      Heaven forbid should we find you looking like Hammond!

I understand HTML and how to use Photoshop and graphics, but I don't know CGI or PHP or any other scripting languages. My host site provides me with these things. I just plug them in if I want to use them. However, if you're up to learning more about how CGI works, here's a web site I found for you :

CGI RESOURCE INDEX
      http://cgi.resourceindex.com/

For Information, documentation and tutorials regarding CGI programming:
      http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Documentation/
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
        Ohhh ((((Mala)))) sticky-up hair goodness to cheer me up - my 13y/o daughter went back to school yesterday and found she's been moved up into another set (band? level?) which is great academically but means she doesn't have a single lesson with her friends any more. I know that's the way it goes but it does seem a touch unfair, she worked hard and that's an unforeseen by-product of the result. She can still see them at break or lunch of course but she's still fairly miffed.

Anyway, sorry to gripe, I just feel kind of bad for her
        (((Rune))) Gripes are OK here! I understand what you and your daughter are going through. Mine had a similar experience around that age. In preparation for the transition to high school, her middle school started placing those students who were capable of working at an accelerated pace into 'honor's classes'. While I know she was happier academically, she did go through a period of social misery. But as you said, she still had her lunch periods to be with her friends. Eventually, she ended up making some new friends in her classes - some of whom had more in common with her than her old friends.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
          Welcome back! Oh, how I miss the beach! Almost every year I head to Hawaii for the summer to visit family. But this year I skipped it now that we have 2 going to college.... Hopefully I'll be able to go later this year.

Season 1, so young....

Thunk-A-Thunk-A-Burning-Lurve!!!!
          Desperate Thunker

Comment

YES! I expect to see perfectly proportioned pictures from EVERYONE from now on... But given my explanation, maybe they'll all be horribly skewed...

Well, since I posted so many pix on the Virtual Party thread, I thought I'd save this nice, big sticky-up hair pic for you to put up on MW.

Thanks Mala. I may have mentioned before how much I love sticky-up hair pics, but this is great because it's b.i.g.g.e.r!!
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Mala. I may have mentioned before how much I love sticky-up hair pics, but this is great because it's b.i.g.g.e.r!!
              I've been reading too long! I read the above highlighted and wondered what in the world is she talking about: she loves Ricky's hair pieces?!
              sigpic
              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                I've been reading too long! I read the above highlighted and wondered what in the world is she talking about: she loves Ricky's hair pieces?!
                It depends on which particular pieces of Rick the hair is on!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

I thought I'd tell you all how happy I am this evening. I got home from school to find a parcel had been delivered. I'd ordered some cd's and I'm playing them now. I love Baroque music, so I've got some Haydn organ concertos,some of his string quartets, and some Vivaldi concertos. He wrote concertos for practically every instrument, and I'm listening to a concerto for two mandolins at the moment. The cd's have 14 of his concertos on them, so I'm going to have fun listening to them all. It may not be rock 'n' roll...but it's my rock 'n' roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

It depends on which particular pieces of Rick the hair is on!!!!
                    Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                      Hello Critter.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello Critter.
                        How could you tell that was me????
                        Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                          Thunk-A-Thunk-A-Burning-Lurve!!!!
                          ((((CRITTER!)))) Good to see you today! Yay! We're online together! Go visit the RDA Virtual Party. Lots of thunk material there! Btw, I did a whumpfest for those of us who like that sort of thing... Yes, we're just a little disturbed... But of course, it's ALL about the acting!

Well, I'm convinced he has a nail-through-the-head kind of headache, aren't you?

Poor, baby!!
                          sigpic

Comment

((((CRITTER!)))) Good to see you today! Yay! We're online together! Go visit the RDA Virtual Party. Lots of thunk material there! Btw, I did a whumpfest for those of us who like that sort of thing... Yes, we're just a little disturbed... But of course, it's ALL about the acting!

Well, I'm convinced he has a nail-through-the-head kind of headache, aren't you?

Poor, baby!!
                            Hello to you!!! Won't be here much longer....littlest critter is awake and into trouble....Calgon Take Me Away.....or better yet: Jack Take Me Away....yes, much better.

Feli just moved the Party Thread into the Thunk thread but I did get to see some of it before it moved. Gotta go back for more and more and more, more, more!!!!!

(((((Mala)))))
                            Desperate Thunker

Comment

((((((Mala))))))

Thankies for the link!

If it works, my site will have a nifty fanfic archive, and I'm looking into getting a new photo album thingumabob!
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Season 8 - he's still got it!

Our last sighting of the ORIGINAL Jack O'Neill...

Last edited by Mala50; 11 October 2005, 06:59 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X