This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    I am the conductor of my school Senior Band and Junior Band. The last thing I do on a Friday is take the Junior Band rehearsal (well, the last thing before I collapse in a heap!) and it's a great way to end the week. I bought some new music for the band, and we played through a couple of them today. One of them is "Entry Of The Gladiators" (Thunder and Blazes) by Julius Fucik (1872-1916, written in 1897). I just thought I'd tell you this, as it's the tune that RDA plays on his mobile phone! I managed to thunk during band rehearsal...I must be a true hussy!
    Dips, tried looking for that music. Do you know where I can listen to that piece in the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
      ROFLMAO!!! I had no idea that sweet and innocuous-looking me was so dangerous.
      Awww Kliggs, so naive, did the fact that I had to go get a distemper shot not clue you in?

Comment

My house is being invaded by large spiders too and the pressure must be getting to me - I just went through to the kitchen and went into full scale 'alarm! Dive! Dive! Dive!' mode on seeing this massive one on the floor inches from my foot only for one of the kids to calmly point out that it was the top off of a tomato, he then pointed out that this has happened many times before, time to book an eye exam ...

Thanks for the hot caps Mala, I feel calmer now

Comment

Had a spider incident last night...

I was footering about at the back of my computer, unplugging my headset and plugging in my speakers...

About five minutes later, a big spider crawled out of where I'd been fussing and scampered across the floor!

Ugh!

Anywho...got sent home from work today with heatstroke...groan.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Uh-oh...looked out of the window a moment ago...losts of smoke coming from the local primary school...Fire Brigade's there, but with the amount of smoke...

The neds (chavs) win again...groan

I will make an on topic post today...I will...

(note to self...keep on topic)
            sigpic

Comment

(note to self...always check which thread you're in before getting comfused)

sorry...my head's stuck up my...

just one of those days
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
                My house is being invaded by large spiders too and the pressure must be getting to me - I just went through to the kitchen and went into full scale 'alarm! Dive! Dive! Dive!' mode on seeing this massive one on the floor inches from my foot only for one of the kids to calmly point out that it was the top off of a tomato, he then pointed out that this has happened many times before, time to book an eye exam ...

LOL, Rune, seems your spidey sense has been working overtime! Alas, I have no good spider (or faux spider) tales to tell...

The closest story I can recall is my very myopic sister getting up one morning and thinking she'd stepped on a plastic hair barrette that was left on the floor, went to pick it up and discovered herself holding the crushed dead carcass of a very large waterbug... And yes, she was barefooted!

Oh, I must find a nice pic of Rick, now!

Last edited by Mala50; 11 October 2005, 06:45 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Mala...I'm redoing my site, but I've added you to the new links page...Update will be done by the end of the month
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                    Dips, tried looking for that music. Do you know where I can listen to that piece in the net.
                    Hi GB. If you go here you'll get a little bit of the tune. It's for a ringtone for a mobile phone, so it sounds awful here, but it's the best I could find at the moment. You can also go to The Classical Music Archives and listen to it, but you have to register (free) before you can listen to any of the pieces.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                      The closest story I can recall is my very myopic sister getting up one morning and thinking she'd stepped on a plastic hair barrette that was left on the floor, went to pick it up and discovered herself holding the crushed dead carcass of a very large waterbug... And yes, she was barefooted!
                      *curled up whimpering at the thought of that one*
                      Oh, I must find a nice pic of Rick, now!
                      *wide eyed* ... um ... ((((Mala)))) that is one VERY nice Rick, hmmmm, are those regular buttons on his shirt or studs (she says thinking *snap*snap* snap* for a quick release

Comment

*curled up whimpering at the thought of that one*

*wide eyed* ... um ... ((((Mala)))) that is one VERY nice Rick, hmmmm, are those regular buttons on his shirt or studs (she says thinking *snap*snap* snap* for a quick release
                        Upon careful examination, I believe that they're regular buttons...

However, I now want to *snap*snap* snap* them for a quick release!!
                        sigpic

Comment

ROFLMAO!!!!! Been there! Done that!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                            Uh-oh...looked out of the window a moment ago...losts of smoke coming from the local primary school...Fire Brigade's there, but with the amount of smoke...

The neds (chavs) win again...groan

I will make an on topic post today...I will...

(note to self...keep on topic)
                            There's a topic?! *looks around* I like to be on top... *cough* ...topic. I meant on topic.

*runs*

Comment

Well... passion driven acts may give you a strength you did not suspect...

*coughs*

Do I speak from experience?... OF COURSE NOT!! (*keeps fingers crossed behind her back*)
                              Sig pic courtesy of AmberMoon
                              ............oo0oo............

Comment

Originally posted by Mala
                                Regular buttons? Nooooo! I'm all psyched for the *snap*snap*snap* ... but there again I think the determined *pop*pop*pop* or even the impulsive *rrrrrrrrrrriiiiipppp!!!* (with buttons flying off every which way) would get the point across with equal flair!

Comment

Working...
                                X