X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*staggers into Mala's world*

Hi chums,
    I may have had a glass or two of wine, so please excuse the typos (if there are any )

First of all, I love all the banners, manips and other arty stuff, Mala. 10/10 as usual.

Secondly, I have just returned from an official do. The City of Edinburgh Council (my employers) have just got round to giving me a long service award for 25 years service with the council. Of course, they've taken their time to actually getting round to awarding us, as I've been with them for over 27 years, and there are folk who have have been with them for over 30 years......but I digress...

All us award-ees attended a special do at one of the council buildings. (all you historians would love these buildings as all the buildings in the centre of Edinburgh are.....well....historical in some way.

Anyway, I sat and chatted to everyone, met a councillor, and was presented my award by the Director of Education. I even had my photo taken.

There was lots of wine and a finger buffet provided, so I placed myself beside these tables. I stood there swigging cheap wine, whilst everyone chatted with me as they filled their plates.

Suffice to say, I made friends with the three council ladies who organized the event.
    This meant that I was provided with copious amounts of food and wine, and was the last one to leave the do.
    When I departed, these lovely ladies made sure I had my award with me, plus a doggy-bag of nibbles....plus a bottle of wine.

It ain't what you do....but who you know that gets you everything.

I think this award should be re-named as a campaign medal for surviving over 25 years with the Council. It's driven me to drink!
    sigpic

Comment

OT Post. Trupi's husband just called and she made it through her surgery fine and is resting in her room. I know she'll appreciate cards and messages wishing her well, and, hopefully, she'll be back to chat with us within the next few days.

sigpic
      s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Thanks for that update on trupi. I wondered how she was doing.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post

Hi chums,
          I may have had a glass or two of wine, so please excuse the typos (if there are any )

First of all, I love all the banners, manips and other arty stuff, Mala. 10/10 as usual.

Secondly, I have just returned from an official do. The City of Edinburgh Council (my employers) have just got round to giving me a long service award for 25 years service with the council. Of course, they've taken their time to actually getting round to awarding us, as I've been with them for over 27 years, and there are folk who have have been with them for over 30 years......but I digress...

All us award-ees attended a special do at one of the council buildings. (all you historians would love these buildings as all the buildings in the centre of Edinburgh are.....well....historical in some way.

Anyway, I sat and chatted to everyone, met a councillor, and was presented my award by the Director of Education. I even had my photo taken.

There was lots of wine and a finger buffet provided, so I placed myself beside these tables. I stood there swigging cheap wine, whilst everyone chatted with me as they filled their plates.

Suffice to say, I made friends with the three council ladies who organized the event.
          This meant that I was provided with copious amounts of food and wine, and was the last one to leave the do.
          When I departed, these lovely ladies made sure I had my award with me, plus a doggy-bag of nibbles....plus a bottle of wine.

I think this award should be re-named as a campaign medal for surviving over 25 years with the Council. It's driven me to drink!

Congratulations, Bev!!!

* And I was going to update you on trupi, but I see sugarshaker got here first. I know Marian will appreciate all our prayers and good wishes.

Comment

So *ahem* with your connections, do you think you can get us a resolution to the ship?

sigpic
            s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
              Congratulations, Bev!!!

* And I was going to update you on trupi, but I see sugarshaker got here first. I know Marian will appreciate all our prayers and good wishes.
              Adding my

and, Bev, in honor of the occasion....there must be some ruffling... ....

Thanks for the update on Trupi, I was wondering about her all day today too. Glad to hear all went well!

Thanks, sueKay!

Thanks, Mala!

Comment

Hi chums,

Congrats to the award! Sounds like you had a pretty good time...

Comment

Hi chums,

Congratulations! You deserve it Bev!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                    Congratulations, Mala, on spending your time away from us wisely!!!

Beautiful new gifties!!!

But try not to stay away so long next time, 'kay?

We missed you!!!
                    Thanks, I'm glad you liked them! RL is just busy these days. But I'll stop by whenever I can...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post
                      WOW!!

Where is the second picture from.. Do you have a larger Version!!

Nice to see you back here!! I like when you drop off presents!! MALA!!
                      Originally posted by trupi View Post
                      The second picture is from the Continuum shoot after they cut RDA's hair.
                      Trupi's right - the second pic
                      is a manip of one of the photos taken in the Arctic while they were shooting SG Continuum. (btw, the last one is a total manip...)

Morjana posted them here last month in the "Continuum - Promotional Photography *Spoiler TAGS required*" Thread: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=541.

This is the original pic (I zatted out that very lucky woman and fixed up the pic )
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...um/1rda2-1.jpg

Btw, when the pics were originally posted on the RDA forum, the link to the owner of the photos wasn't given. It's since been corrected. Credit for those photos should go here:

House of Fusion Forums (photos posted by Jim Davis)
                      http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/...ssageid:254320

If take a look at the site, you'll find a few more pics besides the ones of RDA. There are also a couple of Amanda Tapping and one of Ben Browder behind the scenes, too.
                      Last edited by Mala50; 18 April 2008, 06:19 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Here's the big-ger version (and a good look at his MacGyver era driver's ID! )...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starflight View Post
                          I second that nomination!

Mala, Thanks for all the lovely goodies!
                          You're welcome! I'm so happy to see that you're using the AT3 bar!
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi chums,

<major snippage>

CONGRATULATIONS, BEV!!

OMG, do you mean that they counted the two years you spent playing on GW every day while you were in hirpling recovery as public service?!?
                            sigpic

Comment

Oooooohhhh...and Mala made us a few new crankies too!

Comment

Welcome back, Trupi! Glad to see that everything went well.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X