This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorshrl View Post
    Oooh kay I nearly resorted to shaking my head but after much mucking about and getting cut off dozens of times by Aol. Little peachy is finally waving for me in my sig. Ahh my work here is done.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
      <snip>But I don't think we really can compare the faces between the pewter ones and the action figures - when they are smaller you don't have a good look at him anyway, so of course it would be more difficult when trying to be more detailed. Plus I like that I can pose the action figures in different angles and play with them.
      I'm not sure what you're saying... I would think that it would be harder to make a more accurate-looking face on a smaller figure than a larger one. I'm more impressed by the artist who made the pewter figures' likenesses than the artist at DST.

Well, what did I say wrong? I meant weapons and other equipment, of course (Carter, it's my sidearm...)

Though I remember that I have a few friends who where very disappointed that you can't undress the actionfigures. As for me, I didn't realize until I held my first general Jack in hands. From the pictures I always had assumed they were real clothes. As you can see, I never ever collected actionfigures before.
      My kids have collected all sorts of action figures over the years. Some of the original Star Wars toys had cloaks and helmets that were removable. But as far as I can recall, you could never strip any of them all the way down!

So there might be a reason to like these bigger ones. I wonder what we would find below, though *g*
      Um, remember Jack's line in 'Seth'?

I think they'd probably be singing soprano...
      sigpic

Comment

Joe Mallozzi posted the photos in Sam's office today on his blog!
        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ruary-15-2008/
        (hmm, maybe he's feeling guilty about about cutting that convo in Trio...)

The originals are huge, so I reduced and cropped them:
        Spoiler:

The fishing pic! (My enlarged version is on my website in the Ship Art section with the updated frame)

Daniel in his '200' tux (looks like a behind the scenes pic); Cassie

Teal'c with hair and smiling! Jacob with no hair and frowning...

sigpic

Comment

Mala,

I saw Joe's blog, too. There's some buzz about just what these pics might mean in a future episode. Thanks for getting Daniel's pic enlarged. Now I see what isn't behind him after all. I'll suggest the Shippers visit MW to see Daniel's pic. Lots of speculation about his attire and what is behind him. Thunks
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
            Mala,

I saw Joe's blog, too. There's some buzz about just what these pics might mean in a future episode. Thanks for getting Daniel's pic enlarged. Now I see what isn't behind him after all. I'll suggest the Shippers visit MW to see Daniel's pic. Lots of speculation about his attire and what is behind him. Thunks
            I just saw your post on the Ship thread right after I posted my invitation.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50 View Post
              I just saw your post on the Ship thread right after I posted my invitation.
              I was excited to share your Daniel pic with the Shippers.
              sigpic

Comment

This is my version of the fishing pic that I mentioned is on my web site. It's in the Ship Art section on the SGA manip page http://www.madmala.com/sjshippix/GWShipArtPMSGA.htm

Spoiler:
                FYI:I manipped the frame and used faces from other pics (they look happier than in original, don't they? )

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Mala you are on a roll tonight.
                        those pics are amazing.

*saving, saving, saving*

Maria
                        sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

oH!, I almost forgot to tell you.
                            Your manip inspired a writer

Spoiler:

The night was cold and unnaturally quiet, the alien doors cutting her off from the rest of the city. Standing at her favourite spot on the balcony, Sam clutched the railing in front of her and let the frost bite at her skin as she surveyed the ocean and the soft glow of artificial light emenating from below. There were no stars in the sky, their absence a painful reminder that she was not on Earth, as if the Ancient architecture hadn't already forced that fact upon her without mercy. Two years ago today. Two years and in that time she had probably spent little over a month soley in the company of her husband.

Unconsciously the thumb of her left hand moved, tracing over the hard edges and dips and grooves cut into the diamonds and sapphires of her engagement ring, her scientific mind at rest to allow her more sentimental side free reign to relish the familiar contrast to the smooth wedding band, warmed by her skin and cooled by the air. The ring sparkled, a suitable replacement for the absent stars, but the reminder of what she was missing wasn't as painful, it's presence alone recalling pleasant memories. Smiling softly, she sighed deeply, feeling the weight of command on her shoulders, the loneliness and responsibility. If he were here he'd crack some silly joke, asking what the tornado was about, warning against landing on any witches with *****y sisters. He'd have a deep spark of humour and something more in his eyes and he'd be smirking that infuriatingly devilish smirk of his, the one he knew drove her crazy.

She missed him.

It was their anniversary, he wasn't here, and holy hannah did she miss him something silly.

Her comm. hissed into life with a rush of static which made her jump, lost as she was in the midst of contemplation. One hand jumped to her breast as she steadied herself, waiting a beat to calm down before focusing upon the information being delivered to her. Chuck's voice echoed over the airwaves informing her of the arrival of supplies from Earth through the 'gate, and she thanked him for letting her know, trusting him to take care of things.

Shaking her head a little at her own sappiness, allowing herself to dwell, she instead imagined what her husband would be doing now. Would he still be in his office, up to his eyeballs in paperwork? Or perhaps at home, kicking back with a beer and watching the stars. Would he be thinking of her? He wasn't renouned for his anniversary timekeeping, perhaps to him this was just another day?

"Probably jerking off to Mary Steenburgen."

She mumbled with a wry smile.

"Nope."

He popped the 'p' with a plosive relish, his voice, low amused and travel rough, rumbling through her body like a physical caress and she turned, her eyes wide and her mouth moving wordlessly, staring at him in astonishment. He was here, Jack was HERE in Atlantis, looking warm and loving and casual and ruffled and sexy and amused as hell.

"Jack?" She questioned, not quite believing her own eyes. She stepped towards him and he moved out from the shadowed doorway to meet her, his hands coming to rest at her waist and his head bowed to meet her gaze unflinchingly. She looked him over, taking in the soft dark blue sweater he wore, the one she had given him to keep him warm whilst he gazed at the stars from his roof, admiring the way it complimented his tan and the slightly too long silver hair which stood up in disarray. He smiled a little embarrased at her persistant perusal and her continued astonishment.

Looking up at the sky, he chuckled, ruefully taking it in.

"Ya know I had this whole romantic plan figured out, you and me on a balcony under the stars on our anniversary. Go figure you manage to find the one planet in the Pegasus galaxy with no stars!"

He winked at her slowly, twisting his fingers into a strand of long blonde hair which had fallen forward and tucking it behind her ear, enjoying the way her cold fingers were dancing teasingly over his face before she mimicked him, threading them into the tufts of his silver hair and tugging him softly fowards. He opened his mouth to keep talking but she was shaking her head, tears of what he hoped was joy making her eyes shine spectacularly, bringing her lips up to brush fleetingly against his. Her hot breath tickled him with erotic anticipation and he was appreciatively humming deep in his throat. Smiling, Sam whispered hello and suddenly the stars weren't so important anymore. Their lips met heatedly, swift dizzying kisses fizzing like champagne in their veins. His tongue traced her lips, coaxing her open for him and she complied with a sigh of happiness. Sweet slow open mouthed kisses, a conversation without words. Locked in her gaze and in her embrace, the rest of the universe flickered out of existance and nothing else mattered but her tongue gently teasing him with an anniversary greeting.

They swayed on the spot, beneath the dark sky, letting Atlantis and two galaxies carry on without them for once.

written by StargateBarbie from sjgonefishing.

hope you like it

Maria
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tclothingw View Post
                              oH!, I almost forgot to tell you.
                              Your manip inspired a writer

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53...nAtlantis2.jpg

Spoiler:

The night was cold and unnaturally quiet, the alien doors cutting her off from the rest of the city. Standing at her favourite spot on the balcony, Sam clutched the railing in front of her and let the frost bite at her skin as she surveyed the ocean and the soft glow of artificial light emenating from below. There were no stars in the sky, their absence a painful reminder that she was not on Earth, as if the Ancient architecture hadn't already forced that fact upon her without mercy. Two years ago today. Two years and in that time she had probably spent little over a month soley in the company of her husband.

Unconsciously the thumb of her left hand moved, tracing over the hard edges and dips and grooves cut into the diamonds and sapphires of her engagement ring, her scientific mind at rest to allow her more sentimental side free reign to relish the familiar contrast to the smooth wedding band, warmed by her skin and cooled by the air. The ring sparkled, a suitable replacement for the absent stars, but the reminder of what she was missing wasn't as painful, it's presence alone recalling pleasant memories. Smiling softly, she sighed deeply, feeling the weight of command on her shoulders, the loneliness and responsibility. If he were here he'd crack some silly joke, asking what the tornado was about, warning against landing on any witches with *****y sisters. He'd have a deep spark of humour and something more in his eyes and he'd be smirking that infuriatingly devilish smirk of his, the one he knew drove her crazy.

She missed him.

It was their anniversary, he wasn't here, and holy hannah did she miss him something silly.

Her comm. hissed into life with a rush of static which made her jump, lost as she was in the midst of contemplation. One hand jumped to her breast as she steadied herself, waiting a beat to calm down before focusing upon the information being delivered to her. Chuck's voice echoed over the airwaves informing her of the arrival of supplies from Earth through the 'gate, and she thanked him for letting her know, trusting him to take care of things.

Shaking her head a little at her own sappiness, allowing herself to dwell, she instead imagined what her husband would be doing now. Would he still be in his office, up to his eyeballs in paperwork? Or perhaps at home, kicking back with a beer and watching the stars. Would he be thinking of her? He wasn't renouned for his anniversary timekeeping, perhaps to him this was just another day?

"Probably jerking off to Mary Steenburgen."

She mumbled with a wry smile.

"Nope."

He popped the 'p' with a plosive relish, his voice, low amused and travel rough, rumbling through her body like a physical caress and she turned, her eyes wide and her mouth moving wordlessly, staring at him in astonishment. He was here, Jack was HERE in Atlantis, looking warm and loving and casual and ruffled and sexy and amused as hell.

"Jack?" She questioned, not quite believing her own eyes. She stepped towards him and he moved out from the shadowed doorway to meet her, his hands coming to rest at her waist and his head bowed to meet her gaze unflinchingly. She looked him over, taking in the soft dark blue sweater he wore, the one she had given him to keep him warm whilst he gazed at the stars from his roof, admiring the way it complimented his tan and the slightly too long silver hair which stood up in disarray. He smiled a little embarrased at her persistant perusal and her continued astonishment.

Looking up at the sky, he chuckled, ruefully taking it in.

"Ya know I had this whole romantic plan figured out, you and me on a balcony under the stars on our anniversary. Go figure you manage to find the one planet in the Pegasus galaxy with no stars!"

He winked at her slowly, twisting his fingers into a strand of long blonde hair which had fallen forward and tucking it behind her ear, enjoying the way her cold fingers were dancing teasingly over his face before she mimicked him, threading them into the tufts of his silver hair and tugging him softly fowards. He opened his mouth to keep talking but she was shaking her head, tears of what he hoped was joy making her eyes shine spectacularly, bringing her lips up to brush fleetingly against his. Her hot breath tickled him with erotic anticipation and he was appreciatively humming deep in his throat. Smiling, Sam whispered hello and suddenly the stars weren't so important anymore. Their lips met heatedly, swift dizzying kisses fizzing like champagne in their veins. His tongue traced her lips, coaxing her open for him and she complied with a sigh of happiness. Sweet slow open mouthed kisses, a conversation without words. Locked in her gaze and in her embrace, the rest of the universe flickered out of existance and nothing else mattered but her tongue gently teasing him with an anniversary greeting.

They swayed on the spot, beneath the dark sky, letting Atlantis and two galaxies carry on without them for once.

written by StargateBarbie from sjgonefishing.

hope you like it

Maria
                              Thanks for posting Mala's pic. I'd not seen it before. *sighs* The short story was dreamy!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tclothingw View Post
                                Mala you are on a roll tonight.
                                those pics are amazing.

*saving, saving, saving*

Maria
                                Thanks! I'm in a yourself silly Jack mood... OK, who am I kidding? I'm almost always in that mood!

So, now you believe me when I said someone told me she has over 500 of my pics? I have over 5,000 pics in my photobucket...

Btw, these are just a few from Season 6. I'll post a couple more and then I'll say goodnight.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X