Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you had enough of him yet??? Me either!

Desperate Thunker

Comment

It's OK if I do this here because posts don't count so no one can get hissy with me!

That's the last one...just so you could all look at the wonderful sig pic that Mala made for me. I still love it too!(((((Mala)))))
      Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
        Hey, here WE CAN SAY ANYTHING WE WANT!!
        (well, except "Mala is certifiably out of her frickin' mind......" )

3.01 Into the Fire
        We would never say that Mala....in here you are Goddess! Love that hug, thunks for giving me a better view!
        Desperate Thunker

Comment

I don't know, Bev, but it seems like you do a good bit of sitting around and staring whether Critter posts or not!

Here's a freshly made Shippy pic for the Ship Pic Mistress of the Ship thread...
          Even though it's an AU Sam/Jack, I just love this scene anyway....

1.19 There but for the Grace of God
          How could I not stare when we have such wonderful shippy pics like this one, or the Jack ones to thunk to! A gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Oh, I've got some nice caps of those episodes!

Wasn't it nice when TPTB used to make GREAT season finales and season openers that had continuity and a good pay-off?!?

2.22 Out of Mind
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...heFireramp.jpg

3.01 Into the Fire
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...oTheFireSJ.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...heFireSJcu.jpg
            Originally posted by Critter
            Into the Fire is my all time favorite hug..yes, really. It's because Jack is leaning on Sam instead of the other way around. I like that Jack needs her! Since we're not in the gutter I have to say that!
            Originally posted by michelleb
            oh, that hug!`<sniffle>. back in the days when we actually had ship, and didn't have to search for it in every episode
            Well said everyone and Mala thanks so much for the pictures. I love that hug. It said so much about who these people are and what they could mean to one another given half the chance. It was good to see Jack lean on Sam and have her not pull back and it was good to see that she was relieved to see him alive and well and that she really wanted to be there for him.

*sigh*

*starts thinking of new and interesting ways to torture certain people who won't let S/J be together*

Bitter? No, never.....

Comment

Oh, I've got some nice caps of those episodes!

Wasn't it nice when TPTB used to make GREAT season finales and season openers that had continuity and a good pay-off?!?

2.22 Out of Mind
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...heFireramp.jpg

3.01 Into the Fire
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...oTheFireSJ.jpg
              Yes, those were the days....sigh might have to go and watch that, as there's nothing on tv...

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                It's OK if I do this here because posts don't count so no one can get hissy with me!

That's the last one...just so you could all look at the wonderful sig pic that Mala made for me. I still love it too!(((((Mala)))))

(((((Critter))))))

Ya can all do what you want in this thread, that's what it's for!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruralstar
                  Well said everyone and Mala thanks so much for the pictures. I love that hug. It said so much about who these people are and what they could mean to one another given half the chance. It was good to see Jack lean on Sam and have her not pull back and it was good to see that she was relieved to see him alive and well and that she really wanted to be there for him.

*sigh*

*starts thinking of new and interesting ways to torture certain people who won't let S/J be together*

Bitter? No, never.....
                  Would you be talking about a certain potato then?

Comment

so many varied and interesting ways to torture a potato.....
                    Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Coming late to the party as usual. Mala is just the best and can work magic with her pics. She knows how jealous I am of them too. So glad you are doing them and sharing them with us!!

Jack's happy too.
                      Shelly
                      Shelly
                      My Photos
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61
                        Coming late to the party as usual. Mala is just the best and can work magic with her pics. She knows how jealous I am of them too. So glad you are doing them and sharing them with us!!

Jack's happy too.
                        Shelly

Jack's Little Place On the Web
                        http://jackslittleplace.com
                        HI SHELLY!! (and happy Jack!) *waving madly & madly waving!*

I already told you to stop being jealous! If you don't I'll...I'll... tell everyone here to visit YOUR site and look at your great collection of RDA screencaps!!

SO THERE!
                        Last edited by Mala50; 12 November 2004, 06:49 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61

Jack's happy too.
                          Shelly
                          Welcome, and nobody is too late in this thread!!

Jack's also welcome too....

Hi Jack

*Astro looks coy and winds her hair round her finger*
                          Last edited by astronomicalchick; 12 November 2004, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Oh, there's a mini-debate on the Shipper's thread (yes, I still read, once in a while!) about the Season 3 episode - 3.17 A Hundred Days. The question always seems to come down to who liked or disliked the episode based on the character of Laira (Jack's love interest)... But being a long time Shipper/Thunker, I've had many many discussions with a lot of people about this episode over the years... So if some of this sounds familiar, then you've probably heard me say these things before.

I have to say that I've always liked 100 Days and the character of Laira. I never thought her to be cloying or evil or whatever. To me it was believeable that two mature adults would be attracted to each other (she and Jack are both leaders, they're both parents, they've both been married, etc). I also thought it was nice to see Jack relaxed and happy for a change (the 'party' scene).

Re Laira's initial hesitation: it seemed that she wasn't sure what she heard on the radio at first (I don't think she was comfortable with or understood the technology). Of course, after that, she should have told Jack right away, but I do think she was afraid of losing Jack and at that point, it became wrong. However, as some have pointed out, she did in the end, do the right thing.

Anyway, I found this old article and thought it was interesting to read RDA's perspective on this episode:

From TV Zone by Steven Eramo (#/date? - middle of Season 4)

The colonel had the chance to express his feelings for both children and adults in the show's third season. In Learning Curve he becomes extremely protective of a young girl, Merrin (Brittney Irvin), who he feels is being exploited along with the rest of the children of her race. In a later story, A Hundred Days, O'Neill is stranded on a planet and falls in love with one of its inhabitants, played by Michelle Greene.

"Unfortunately, with A Hundred Days we didn't have enough time to tell the entire story in the way I think it should have been told," explains the actor. "Some of the emotional beats between my character and Michelle's are missing. Because he believes he's been abandoned, O'Neill's accepted the fact this is his new home and he's ready to 'give' of himself and commit to a relationship with this woman. However, we never really get to see this 'giving over' process. That's what I felt the episode was lacking. Emotionally, it just fell a little short, but that's the inherent problem in episodic tv. You only have 42 minutes and 30 seconds to tell your story. If go over that time something is going to be cut out. That's that. Overall, A Hundred Days was a fascinating concept and I loved Jack having to face that dilemma. Michelle was great to work with, too."

What a nice, honest way of looking at the shortcomings of a story, I think. And such a contrast when compared to the defensive comments that came from RCC and the rest re Chimera and that Mr. P. character last year.

Come on! Who can blame Laira for wanting this guy?!?!?
                            sigpic

Comment

SS! I need your advice! What should I say to MY mother?? I can't exactly explain why I make these things....or publically make a fool of myself over RDA, can I?
                              Well...... you could tell her that you are secretly on RDA's/Gekko's payroll & are out to convert us all to Gutter Gals and Shippers... one fan at a time....

But I don't think there's a need to explain the why's.

Not when you've got all of us here to ask "Why not??!!"

If it helps... your mother could talk to us...( )...we'd try to explain we wouldn't want our friend Mala any other way...

Though she might give us a sideways glance and an arched eyebrow & wonder who the hell are these characters in here trying to convince me my daughter's OK?
                              Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 12 November 2004, 08:07 PM.
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Oh, there's a mini-debate on the Shipper's thread (yes, I still read, once in a while!) about the Season 3 episode - 3.17 A Hundred Days. The question always seems to come down to who liked or disliked the episode based on the character of Laira (Jack's love interest)... But being a long time Shipper/Thunker, I've had many many discussions with a lot of people about this episode over the years... So if some of this sounds familiar, then you've probably heard me say these things before.

I have to say that I've always liked 100 Days and the character of Laira. I never thought her to be cloying or evil or whatever. To me it was believeable that two mature adults would be attracted to each other (she and Jack are both leaders, they're both parents, they've both been married, etc). I also thought it was nice to see Jack relaxed and happy for a change (the 'party' scene).

Re Laira's initial hesitation: it seemed that she wasn't sure what she heard on the radio at first (I don't think she was comfortable with or understood the technology). Of course, after that, she should have told Jack right away, but I do think she was afraid of losing Jack and at that point, it became wrong. However, as some have pointed out, she did in the end, do the right thing.

Anyway, I found this old article and thought it was interesting to read RDA's perspective on this episode:

From TV Zone by Steven Eramo (#/date? - middle of Season 4)

The colonel had the chance to express his feelings for both children and adults in the show's third season. In Learning Curve he becomes extremely protective of a young girl, Merrin (Brittney Irvin), who he feels is being exploited along with the rest of the children of her race. In a later story, A Hundred Days, O'Neill is stranded on a planet and falls in love with one of its inhabitants, played by Michelle Greene.

"Unfortunately, with A Hundred Days we didn't have enough time to tell the entire story in the way I think it should have been told," explains the actor. "Some of the emotional beats between my character and Michelle's are missing. Because he believes he's been abandoned, O'Neill's accepted the fact this is his new home and he's ready to 'give' of himself and commit to a relationship with this woman. However, we never really get to see this 'giving over' process. That's what I felt the episode was lacking. Emotionally, it just fell a little short, but that's the inherent problem in episodic tv. You only have 42 minutes and 30 seconds to tell your story. If go over that time something is going to be cut out. That's that. Overall, A Hundred Days was a fascinating concept and I loved Jack having to face that dilemma. Michelle was great to work with, too."

What a nice, honest way of looking at the shortcomings of a story, I think. And such a contrast when compared to the defensive comments that came from RCC and the rest re Chimera and that Mr. P. character last year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ack/100DJL.jpg

Come on! Who can blame Laira for wanting this guy?!?!?
                                I have always loved 100 days. Thanks for sharing this little article Mala. I saw nothing wrong with that episode. In regards to Ship I think it is the first time we really see Ship from Sam's side, except the Into the Fire hug. It was good to see real emotion from Jack, geez when has he had the opportunity since to act like a red blooded man? Two mature, consenting adults... hey folks face it he was flirting with Laira at the beginning. I loved seeing Jack happy for a change. It wasn't the booze talking, he only had one and part of another.... Anyway I really enjoyed the episode and I couldn't blame Laira for not wanting to lose him.

Oh and on a purely shallow note... RDA looked damn hot in that ep and he did a nice job acting too!

Comment

Working...
                                X