This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lemme ask you a question about scruples

If you were on a forum where some people fantasized about prison rape, bestiality, having a diaper fetish and posting instructions on how to kill yourself, would you be a little weirded out? Would you tell the people who fantasize about violent sex acts behind bars and having sex with animals to get some professional help?

If someone here posted instructions on how to slit your wrists, that person would most likely be banned or at the very least get a suspension, yes?

I just wanna know it's not me who feels like that.

thanks in advance.

depends on whose forum it is and what their rules are.

the rest of the internet does not abide by the gateworlds rules, and no offense to GW but i'm glad it doesn't

who are you, the 'thought' police?
    Last edited by rlr149; 29 February 2008, 08:52 PM.
    sigpic
    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
    -Liberty Prime

Comment

You're the one voluntarily hanging out in a forum like that and reading the threads that discuss such things. If you don't like it, why do you keep reading it?

Assuming it's as widespread as you imply, if the mods haven't done anything about it then it must be acceptable for that forum. If there are no mods then what do you expect? You don't have the authority to tell others what they should and shouldn't post and you shouldn't take it upon yourself to try.

Speaking of mods, it's generally considered bad manners to air dirty laundry from another forum.

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
        depends on whose forum it is and what their rules are.

the rest of the internet does not abide by the gateworlds rules, and no offense to GW but i'm glad it doesn't

who are you, the 'thought' police?
        No, we don't act on your thoughts, we act on your posts

As for those sorts of posts on GW, although it's dependent on context and intent, in general they would be removed, yes. Mostly because this a PG forum, and we don't advocate violence, against self or others. Also because posts like that clearly wouldn't respect other peoples ability to read a STARGATE forum...
        I'm not setting any hard and fast rules here, any such threads/posts would be judged on their individual merits

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
          No, we don't act on your thoughts, we act on your posts
          and fair enough, imo GW is a touch over modded but its not my forum to make the rules on, and if i don't like it i should go elsewhere, not stay and tell you you all need help,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you sad geeks kidding
          sigpic
          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
          -Liberty Prime

Comment

you don't like that forum, don't got there.

And, if what you think they are doing is illegal. the only thing you can do is contact thier service provider, bring it to their attention and let them handle it.

It's not your place, as a person, to be the net nanny for the world.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I'd be more concerned about the people who visit such forums, rather than the forum itself. It's not a threat if no one reads it.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
              X