This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dalene View Post
    Coming from my non-denominational Christian POV, the devil cannot create anything. God is the Creator & created everything (yes, including Lucifer who chose to become the devil) & the devil is just an imitator. He specifically imitates, confuses & deceives.
    if that is so, how can you possibly know what or what not to believe.
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
      I believe in God and Christ Jesus.

I believe in partial evolution.

Could you please explain? I don't think I have ever heard anyone say "partial evolution"
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
        Because God gives clear instruction on what to do and what not to do. The Devil distorts and perverts. Aside from trying to cause death and destruction, that is his primary objective, and the effect of sin. Everything is distorted, perverted, and marred.

As far as creation goes, I think God creted life with the ability to diversify, through microevolution, the small changes within a species that make it more diverse over time. I do not believe that God created a system where a reptile could turn into a bird, or an ape into a human because it is not scriptural.
        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Can omniscient God, who
          knows the future find
          the omnipotence to
          change his future mind?
          Karen Ownens

a little poem i found
          Interesting poem. One of the things that is confusing is what is exactly meant when the bible says that God decided not to do something, while being omniscient. Hmm. Interesting. If I were to take a guess, I'd say it might have something to do with the concept of an eternal being who is not bound nor subject to time. That would be my personal guess. But I'm no expert.
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

A lot of people won't agree with me...but when I look at the universe, Nebula, colorful worlds, stars, the vastness of the cosmos itself and the much smaller, but just as interesting biological universe within us and all things I see amazing creations of God. I see the beautiful complexities and flow of galaxies and all the rest that were touched by God. And the wonders of Science that allow us to further know that creator.

That's just me though.
            It feels good to be alive.
            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
              And that mainstream rap is a lie?

And I also believe in most of what you said.

hehe heck yeah, man! I hate fake.

Comment

A quote which I have always found so very very true.....in my opinion anyway:

If I take a lamp and shine it toward the wall, a bright spot will appear on the wall. The lamp is our search for truth, for understanding. Too often we assume that the light on the wall is God. But the light is not the goal of the search; it is the result of the search. The more intense the search, the brighter the light on the wall. The brighter the light on the wall, the greater the sense of revelation upon seeing it! Similarly, someone who does not search, who does not bring a lantern with him, sees nothing. What we perceive as God, is the byproduct of our search for God. It may simply be an appreciation of the light, pure and unblemished, not understanding that it comes from us. Sometimes we stand in front of the light and assume that we are the center of the universe. God looks astonishingly like we do! Or we turn to look at our shadow, and assume that all is darkness. If we allow ourselves to get in the way, we defeat the purpose; which is to use the light of our search to illuminate the wall in all its beauty - and in all its flaws. And in so doing better understand the world around us.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  A quote which I have always found so very very true.....in my opinion anyway:

If I take a lamp and shine it toward the wall, a bright spot will appear on the wall. The lamp is our search for truth, for understanding. Too often we assume that the light on the wall is God. But the light is not the goal of the search; it is the result of the search. The more intense the search, the brighter the light on the wall. The brighter the light on the wall, the greater the sense of revelation upon seeing it! Similarly, someone who does not search, who does not bring a lantern with him, sees nothing. What we perceive as God, is the byproduct of our search for God. It may simply be an appreciation of the light, pure and unblemished, not understanding that it comes from us. Sometimes we stand in front of the light and assume that we are the center of the universe. God looks astonishingly like we do! Or we turn to look at our shadow, and assume that all is darkness. If we allow ourselves to get in the way, we defeat the purpose; which is to use the light of our search to illuminate the wall in all its beauty - and in all its flaws. And in so doing better understand the world around us.
                  Is this G'kar?
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Ah, there you go. Maybe the government would have reason to assume people would panic... but then, that's what happened when they thought the aliens were attacking. If they weren't attacking, maybe people wouldn't panic... but I guess I don't really know. Maybe I should just trust the government's opinion....

... unless they're really conspiring with the aliens! *X-Files theme plays*

By praying and asking God directly and by looking at each situation and "listening to your heart", so to speak. Acts of God would have good consequences, acts of Satan would be negative and harmful. Sometimes it is very hard to see the outcomes of one particular situation though, so that's why it's not always clear. That's why so many people are led astray and misguided, even when they think they're doing what's right. Really, the only way there is to know sometimes is to ask God. And He can be quiet sometimes... while Satan is yelling in your ear. One just has to pray for guidance and wisdom and trust God to lead them in the right direction.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    Could you please explain? I don't think I have ever heard anyone say "partial evolution"
                    I think they mean something along the lines of Intelligent Design. But I'm not sure...

A lot of people won't agree with me...but when I look at the universe, Nebula, colorful worlds, stars, the vastness of the cosmos itself and the much smaller, but just as interesting biological universe within us and all things I see amazing creations of God. I see the beautiful complexities and flow of galaxies and all the rest that were touched by God. And the wonders of Science that allow us to further know that creator.

That's just me though.
                    Me too.
                    Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      Sure!
                      what I mean is I don't believe man originated/evolved from apes. I do, however believe that our bodies were designed to evolve to new situations/enviroments. Similiar to how various animals evolve to their enviroments...like their fur/hair changing color to match leaves or trees. We're adaptable. Live in an enviroment long enough and the consequence is your body evolving to live in that enviroment more comfortably.

Comment

hm...since we're sharing beliefs. I wanted to throw one last thing in that I believe.

No one can prove God to anyone else. It's self evident. It's like me trying to prove I love my wife to other people. Sure, I can tell people how much I love her, but those are just empty words to other people...they don't know if it's true. They can't feel it, they can try to understand...but love is personal.

And to those christians out in the world that try to shove their beliefs down other peoples throats over and over...they are not even following their own beliefs. Jesus teaches us that we are to spread God's word...BUT we can only share it, if they reject it,then move on...it's up to THEM to decide. Not Christians. Anyone who force feeds Christianity is infact not only hurting God, but going against the very beliefs they claim to stand for.

SHEESH!! sorry...don't mean to ramble.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                          Is this G'kar?
                          Yep.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

hm...since we're sharing beliefs. I wanted to throw one last thing in that I believe.

No one can prove God to anyone else. It's self evident. It's like me trying to prove I love my wife to other people. Sure, I can tell people how much I love her, but those are just empty words to other people...they don't know if it's true. They can't feel it, they can try to understand...but love is personal.

And to those christians out in the world that try to shove their beliefs down other peoples throats over and over...they are not even following their own beliefs. Jesus teaches us that we are to spread God's word...BUT we can only share it, if they reject it,then move on...it's up to THEM to decide. Not Christians. Anyone who force feeds Christianity is infact not only hurting God, but going against the very beliefs they claim to stand for.

SHEESH!! sorry...don't mean to ramble.
                            No, that was very well put. And I agree completely.
                            Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

bye all! Going home! I need to kill some people after this long work day. (Call of duty on the 360 that is)

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                                Because God gives clear instruction on what to do and what not to do. The Devil distorts and perverts. Aside from trying to cause death and destruction, that is his primary objective, and the effect of sin. Everything is distorted, perverted, and marred.

As far as creation goes, I think God creted life with the ability to diversify, through microevolution, the small changes within a species that make it more diverse over time. I do not believe that God created a system where a reptile could turn into a bird, or an ape into a human because it is not scriptural.
                                There's no real difference between microevolution and macroevolution, saying you believe in the former but not the latter is like saying you believe it's possible to walk as many feet as you like but you'll never walk a mile, it doesn't make sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X