This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    Umm.. okay... this is a little complicated...

Spoilers for 97 Seconds:
    Spoiler:
    The main POTW (Patient of the Week, for those not used to the jargon! ) is a man with a progressive debilitating disease who is confined to a wheelchair etc. While dealing with this patient, House sees a clinic patient who, as House walks into the exam room, opens up a flick knife and jams it into a wall socket, electrocuting himself! When House later questions why the patient did this, he explains that he'd been involved in a bad car crash and was technically dead for 97 seconds... and that it was the best 97 seconds of his life. He felt he'd experienced something, that there was something out there (i.e. an afterlife etc) and he'd been trying to recapture that high/that experience.

The main POTW is dying and the best treatment option they can offer will only prolong his life by a few months. He decides he doesn't want the treatment, that he's been slowly losing everything that makes life worth living and that he's ready to "move on" and "escape this body". House is annoyed, asking him what he thinks he's going to move on to, saying there is only this life and that's it. Afterwards Wilson berates House, asking him why he couldn't have just let the man take comfort in his beliefs. House counters that the patient shouldn't be making a decision based on false information. Wilson counters that House doesn't know that the information is false, he doesn't know there is no afterlife. So House, being House, decides to test the theory for himself... using the same method as the clinic patient!
    OMG Ali!!!!

*runs off to see this ep*

Mx
    sig by SheppyD
    Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
    So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks! View Post
      OMG Ali!!!!

*runs off to see this ep*

Mx
      Oh Mx - you are such a whump tart!!!!

Comment

Umm.. okay... this is a little complicated...

Spoilers for 97 Seconds:
        Spoiler:
        The main POTW (Patient of the Week, for those not used to the jargon! ) is a man with a progressive debilitating disease who is confined to a wheelchair etc. While dealing with this patient, House sees a clinic patient who, as House walks into the exam room, opens up a flick knife and jams it into a wall socket, electrocuting himself! When House later questions why the patient did this, he explains that he'd been involved in a bad car crash and was technically dead for 97 seconds... and that it was the best 97 seconds of his life. He felt he'd experienced something, that there was something out there (i.e. an afterlife etc) and he'd been trying to recapture that high/that experience.

The main POTW is dying and the best treatment option they can offer will only prolong his life by a few months. He decides he doesn't want the treatment, that he's been slowly losing everything that makes life worth living and that he's ready to "move on" and "escape this body". House is annoyed, asking him what he thinks he's going to move on to, saying there is only this life and that's it. Afterwards Wilson berates House, asking him why he couldn't have just let the man take comfort in his beliefs. House counters that the patient shouldn't be making a decision based on false information. Wilson counters that House doesn't know that the information is false, he doesn't know there is no afterlife. So House, being House, decides to test the theory for himself... using the same method as the clinic patient!
        That's sounds brilliant!!

Has this been shown on CH5 yet?
        The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
          That's sounds brilliant!!

Has this been shown on CH5 yet?
          Heck no! The new season has just started in the US (this was episode 3). No idea when it will start in the UK but if previous years are anything to go by, it'll be sometime around January (though, will Fox's random scheduling of constant pre-emptions and mini-hiatus', the UK wll be only a week or two behind by about March! )
          sigpic

Comment

Heck no! The new season has just started in the US (this was episode 3). No idea when it will start in the UK but if previous years are anything to go by, it'll be sometime around January (though, will Fox's random scheduling of constant pre-emptions and mini-hiatus', the UK wll be only a week or two behind by about March! )
            Oh thank goddness - i've not missed it then.

I haven't been able to watch it in so long, i've kinda got lost as to which series it's on/CH5 is showing/whether it's even still on........you get the idea

l My LJ l

Comment

Hey there Whump tarts!

What's our pleasure today?

The reason (I think) that Fox is so goofy with their programming over in the states is the baseball playoffs and World Series. I'm not really following baseball this year but I think that's one of the reasons. I think that's one of the reasons "24" usually starts its season in January.

Let's see....it's Friday. John Sheppard whump anyone? *squeee*

IHS
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post

Let's see....it's Friday. John Sheppard whump anyone? *squeee*

IHS
                Raises hands, jumps up and down and yells SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!
                Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                GateCon Attendee 2008
                Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

I watched the first ep of the new season of Spooks last night, there was a tiny bit of Adam whump, and a bit more Zaf whump I tried to stay awake to watch next weeks ep on bbc three but fell asleep now have to wait a whole week to find out what happened. I do like a bit of Adam whump now and again (not as good as Shep whump of course!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                    I watched the first ep of the new season of Spooks last night, there was a tiny bit of Adam whump, and a bit more Zaf whump I tried to stay awake to watch next weeks ep on bbc three but fell asleep now have to wait a whole week to find out what happened. I do like a bit of Adam whump now and again (not as good as Shep whump of course!!!!)
                    Well Mx saw the second part and there was lots of Adam whump so she says!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                      Well Mx saw the second part and there was lots of Adam whump so she says!!!
                      Woohooo!!!! oh wish I had stayed awake, must remember to OD on coffee next week, and work less so as not to be so tired I fall asleep at a pathetically early time

Comment

Woohooo!!!! oh wish I had stayed awake, must remember to OD on coffee next week, and work less so as not to be so tired I fall asleep at a pathetically early time
                        I havent watched the first ep - it is on sky+ - I will have to watch it tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                          I havent watched the first ep - it is on sky+ - I will have to watch it tomorrow
                          I always enjoy Spooks, (one of the few UK productions I actually bother watching) I do prefer Adam whump to Tom whump Not that there was ever loads of Tom whump .

Comment

I always enjoy Spooks, (one of the few UK productions I actually bother watching) I do prefer Adam whump to Tom whump Not that there was ever loads of Tom whump .
                            Oh yes me too!

Comment

I missed Spooks!!

What happened?!?!?!?!

l My LJ l

Comment

I really enjoyed Mick getting a stake in the chest on Moonlight.

I can't wait for SGA tomorrow night *does happy dance and squees*
                                Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                                Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                                GateCon Attendee 2008
                                Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X