This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
    Mmmm....."Moonlight" has some Whump potential! Even though he's a vampire, he still gets some whumpin'! Based on the clips they showed at the end of last night's episode, looks like we have some good stuff coming up!

IHS
    I watched this show last night, not bad. Lot's of whump potential.
    Chicago Con Attendee 2011
    Chicago Con Attendee 2010
    GateCon Attendee 2008
    Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
      Okay I have a question - I discussed this with Linzi and wondered....in order for you to enjoy whmup do you just have to find the whumpee attractive or does it also matter how they react to the whump? For me I have to have brave whumpees in order to get a good squee!!!

I am not keen on a whumpee that is a total wimp - even if they are fairly hot looking guys.
      The taste of their defiance must be sweet.
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana
      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Okay I have a question - I discussed this with Linzi and wondered....in order for you to enjoy whmup do you just have to find the whumpee attractive or does it also matter how they react to the whump? For me I have to have brave whumpees in order to get a good squee!!!

I am not keen on a whumpee that is a total wimp - even if they are fairly hot looking guys.
        I definitely agree! It doesn't matter how hot the guy is, how he reacts is the key. Wimps are a total turnoff.
        Chicago Con Attendee 2011
        Chicago Con Attendee 2010
        GateCon Attendee 2008
        Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

That is a great question, SheppyD!

For me, I guess firstly I have to care about the Whumpee. I have to have an investment in the well-being of the character to begin with. Of course, the said whumpee's reaction to the whump is also a biggie for me. I love the brave-in-the-face-of-adversity type character whump. The quintessential Whump reaction that comes to mind would be Shep in "Common Ground". Awesome Whump!

I must also admit that I like Man Whump. I am not a fan of Lady Whump at all.

Did any of that make sense whatsoever? I'm not sure I'm conveying what I'm thinking here.

IHS
          sigpic

Comment

Oh its not just the attractiveness for me, they have to be brave and willing to do anything for what they believe in, I have to be emotionally invested in the character, not just attracted to them. If they were really hot but complete wusses then no it wouldn't do anything for me at all. I need a strong hero type to whump

Comment

Oh it looks like we are all hero whumpers hehehe!!!!!

I like them to show a little fear underneath all that brave action though - so that you know that they are human just like the rest of us!

Comment

I like them to show a little fear underneath all that brave action though - so that you know that they are human just like the rest of us!
                oh Yeah good point.

I mean when you see Shep when faced with a bug, he should show a hint of fear in his eyes (but I like that we know why he would show a hint of fear) or e.g. in CG a look of trepidation, knowing whats coming, but ultimately the hero part has to win out and the character will do whatever its is anyway and take the consequences, the whump and the fear , but if its someone completely spineless its just meh!

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                  oh Yeah good point.

I mean when you see Shep when faced with a bug, he should show a hint of fear in his eyes (but I like that we know why he would show a hint of fear) or e.g. in CG a look of trepidation, knowing whats coming, but ultimately the hero part has to win out and the character will do whatever its is anyway and take the consequences, the whump and the fear , but if its someone completely spineless its just meh!
                  Yes totally meh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes in CG the heavy breathing - but he still manages to show defiance to Kolya - fabulous!!!

Oh in DG Logan is always whumped but really hates showing that he is vulnerable, in NCIS (SWAK)Tony makes jokes to hide the fact that he is frightened - all fabulous whump!!!

Comment

Yes totally meh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes in CG the heavy breathing - but he still manages to show defiance to Kolya - fabulous!!!

Oh in DG Logan is always whumped but really hates showing that he is vulnerable, in NCIS (SWAK)Tony makes jokes to hide the fact that he is frightened - all fabulous whump!!!
                    Oh yes thats good masking fear with comedy or by letting their mouth go to try and compensate for the fear, very very nice and enjoyable!

Comment

Oooh good question. Thinking about it... yeah, they've got to be brave. I liike my attractive men to struggle manfully with the pain and keep fighting to save the day etc, not to whine and cry. E.g. If Sheppard had gotten shot with the arrow in Sateda, he would have gritted his teeth as they ran for the gate and you'd be able to see him sturggling with the pain... I would have no interest in seeing him cry and wail like McKay did. (Nothing against McKay there btw - I love the character but I'm not into whumping him.. mostly cos I just don't connect with him in terms of attractiveness the way I do with e.g. Sheppard)

Ooooh yes! Well put!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
                        I watched this show last night, not bad. Lot's of whump potential.
                        Yup, watched Moonlight last night and will tune back in to see how he handles things. So far, not thinking "cute looking guy" but am thinking "I like his personality"

I do prefer to like the whumpee's look but will definitely go for personality. I need them to handle things well and not be a big baby (maybe when it is all over and they need a bit of comfort but then not over the top whingeing). I like to see that they do feel the hurt but will not let it get to them. There is a reason they are suffering and they need to get through it somehow. I don't mind if the hurt is too much and they need some help at times. That shows me they are human and therefore I can connect and feel for them.

Perfectly said!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                          Like stubbing a toe!! Been there, done that recently!!
                          Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                          I think being fed by a wraith is a little worse than stubbing a toe.
                          Originally posted by Squonk View Post
                          Uh -huh!! There's no pain quite like it is there? And the last time i did it, i fractured three toes!

SheppyD - oh my word! What lovely whumpy caps! So that's why everyone watches Darl Angel then?!
                          I vote for the toe stubbing!!! *sitting here nursing a broken toe from a stubbing gone bad! Who knew such little pieces could be so painful when broken?

I must ask Santa to bring me DA! How many seasons? Does he get as whumped in NCIS? Is it worth watching for the whump?

Mmmm....."Moonlight" has some Whump potential! Even though he's a vampire, he still gets some whumpin'! Based on the clips they showed at the end of last night's episode, looks like we have some good stuff coming up!

IHS
                          I tried Moonlight the other night but couldn't get into it and let hubby watch the ballgame instead so I could come on here and squeeee while preparing for Adrift.

I need my whumpee to be hot and defiant. He needs to push back and be antagonistic toward his whumper. Someone who begs, cries, or collapses just doesn't do it for me.
                          sigpic
                          Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Salty View Post
                            I vote for the toe stubbing!!! *sitting here nursing a broken toe from a stubbing gone bad! Who knew such little pieces could be so painful when broken?

I must ask Santa to bring me DA! How many seasons? Does he get as whumped in NCIS? Is it worth watching for the whump?

I tried Moonlight the other night but couldn't get into it and let hubby watch the ballgame instead so I could come on here and squeeee while preparing for Adrift.

I need my whumpee to be hot and defiant. He needs to push back and be antagonistic toward his whumper. Someone who begs, cries, or collapses just doesn't do it for me.

No there is not enough whump in NCIS. The one big whumpy ep is in season 2 though SWAK - worth a look

Comment

Page 4!!! This will not do!

While I was on vacation, there was a "Dark Angel" marathon on SciFi. Michael Weatherly.....GAH! There wasn't an episode I saw that specifically had his character whumped though (dagnabit!) Still.......I have to put this show on Netflix. I also didn't realize Jensen Ackles was on this show! I saw quite a bit of him on there.

IHS
                              sigpic

Comment

Page 4!!! This will not do!

While I was on vacation, there was a "Dark Angel" marathon on SciFi. Michael Weatherly.....GAH! There wasn't an episode I saw that specifically had his character whumped though (dagnabit!) Still.......I have to put this show on Netflix. I also didn't realize Jensen Ackles was on this show! I saw quite a bit of him on there.

IHS
                                Oh well it sounds like you must have been watching some S2 eps. I must say that I prefer s1 - much more whump for Logan in that season

MW is so yummy in DA!!!

Oh Mx and I have been having a retro whump...we managed to get hold of some whumpy eps of Vega$ - with Dan Tanna whump - if anyone is old enough to remember that show! We are still trying to hunt down some more whumpy eps!

Comment

Working...
                                X