Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh did anyone watch this week's episode of House? Lovely House whump! And recovery scenes! And friends/colleagues being concerned (whilst also annoyed.. )! Wheeeeee!

Ahhh.. reminded me of my pre-SGA days when my major TV addiction (and whump obsession) was House. Heck, the first fanfic story I wrote was a House one and the second one I wrote was a (sadly still unfinished) House whumper!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      Oooh did anyone watch this week's episode of House? Lovely House whump! And recovery scenes! And friends/colleagues being concerned (whilst also annoyed.. )! Wheeeeee!

Ahhh.. reminded me of my pre-SGA days when my major TV addiction (and whump obsession) was House. Heck, the first fanfic story I wrote was a House one and the second one I wrote was a (sadly still unfinished) House whumper!
      Oh I havent watched it yet - but that sounds very interesting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
        Oh I havent watched it yet - but that sounds very interesting!!!
        It's rather lovely!

Spoilers for House Season 4 Ep 3:
        Spoiler:
        We get collapsed-on-floor-House, we get CPR, we get Wilson telling House's staff that House has yet to regain consciousness, we get waking-up-in-hospital-bed House, we get Wilson telling House off/worrying about House, we get House struggling to get out of bed and needing one of his staff to help hold him upright and walk (in a hospital robe)...

Ooooh it's yummy!

I feel the need to cap....
        sigpic

Comment

I missed House! And after I saw those yummy-looks-like-whump-ahead commercials too! Please cap it! This is the episode I think it is, right?
          Spoiler:
          a knife is involved
          SQUEEEES in advance

More Dan Tanna yumminess! Bless Robert Urich......

IHS
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
            I missed House! And after I saw those yummy-looks-like-whump-ahead commercials too! Please cap it! This is the episode I think it is, right?
            Spoiler:
            a knife is involved
            SQUEEEES in advance

More Dan Tanna yumminess! Bless Robert Urich......

IHS
            Yup..

Spoiler:
            a knife is involved... but not in the way you might think:

Spoiler:
            He shoves it in an electrical socket and electrocutes himself! Deliberately!!

House Caps (spoilers for episode 97 Seconds):
            Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Thanks ALI!!!! You rock! And so does Hugh Laurie. I can't believe I missed it!

IHS
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                Thanks ALI!!!! You rock! And so does Hugh Laurie. I can't believe I missed it!

IHS
                Does it get repeated at all during the week?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                  Oh they were fab caps!

Yes 70's whump was great - nobody cared if it made any sense - they just did it hehehe!!!
                  What is Vegas? I have never heard of it, was wondering why until you said 70's that explains it. I never got to experience 70's whump the first time around, well I have seen the odd re-run of certain shows, but I have missed out on the majority, like when you guys talk about Marine boy.

Does it get repeated at all during the week?
                  Fab caps, that could be fun for Shep

Comment

*tries not to look inside the House spoilers*

*feels urge to watch House's new season*

Grrrrr for having to wait until next year for S4!
                    My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                    Sig and avi by me
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                      *tries not to look inside the House spoilers*

*feels urge to watch House's new season*

Grrrrr for having to wait until next year for S4!
                      Heh. Well I wait for Season 4 of House the same way I wait for Season 4 of SGA!
                      sigpic

Comment

Heh. Well I wait for Season 4 of House the same way I wait for Season 4 of SGA!
                        My brother is looking foward to S4 too. He got a bit addicted to it, I imagine. I wonder if he's a whumper, but I'm not going to ask him. I think he would look at me funny.

I managed to get him to watch SGA (Rising) on Monday and he loved it. He asked me yesterday when we would watch the second episode. Heeeee! I got someone to like SGA! I can't wait to get to 38 minutes!
                        My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                        Sig and avi by me
                        Spoiler:

Comment

I love House, this was a great ep and great whump.
                          Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                          Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                          GateCon Attendee 2008
                          Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                            What is Vegas? I have never heard of it, was wondering why until you said 70's that explains it. I never got to experience 70's whump the first time around, well I have seen the odd re-run of certain shows, but I have missed out on the majority, like when you guys talk about Marine boy.

Fab caps, that could be fun for Shep
                            Oh you probably wouldnt have heard of it because unlike some shows from the 70's I dont think that they have re-run this show over here since probably the early 80's.

I am not going to say that it was the best TV show ever made- but it certainly was a whumpy one! I will have to make sure that you get to see a couple of whumpy eps!

Comment

Yup..

Spoiler:
                              a knife is involved... but not in the way you might think:

Spoiler:
                              He shoves it in an electrical socket and electrocutes himself! Deliberately!!

House Caps (spoilers for episode 97 Seconds):
                              Spoiler:

*passes out*

I've not been able to watch House in ages! I'm missing so much!!

Why exactly does he...
                              Spoiler:
                              ...electrocute himself??
                              The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post

*passes out*

I've not been able to watch House in ages! I'm missing so much!!

Why exactly does he...
                                Spoiler:
                                ...electrocute himself??
                                Umm.. okay... this is a little complicated...

Spoilers for 97 Seconds:
                                Spoiler:
                                The main POTW (Patient of the Week, for those not used to the jargon! ) is a man with a progressive debilitating disease who is confined to a wheelchair etc. While dealing with this patient, House sees a clinic patient who, as House walks into the exam room, opens up a flick knife and jams it into a wall socket, electrocuting himself! When House later questions why the patient did this, he explains that he'd been involved in a bad car crash and was technically dead for 97 seconds... and that it was the best 97 seconds of his life. He felt he'd experienced something, that there was something out there (i.e. an afterlife etc) and he'd been trying to recapture that high/that experience.

The main POTW is dying and the best treatment option they can offer will only prolong his life by a few months. He decides he doesn't want the treatment, that he's been slowly losing everything that makes life worth living and that he's ready to "move on" and "escape this body". House is annoyed, asking him what he thinks he's going to move on to, saying there is only this life and that's it. Afterwards Wilson berates House, asking him why he couldn't have just let the man take comfort in his beliefs. House counters that the patient shouldn't be making a decision based on false information. Wilson counters that House doesn't know that the information is false, he doesn't know there is no afterlife. So House, being House, decides to test the theory for himself... using the same method as the clinic patient!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X