Gay
    Lesbian
    Bisexual
    Transexual

and

Gay
    Straight
    Alliance

now usually its SGA, but considering this is a Stargate forum, i thought i'd cut the confussion
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
      ya know, i was wondering when someone would ask

Gay
      Lesbian
      Bisexual
      Transexual

and

Gay
      Straight
      Alliance

now usually its SGA, but considering this is a Stargate forum, i thought i'd cut the confussion
      Wooohooo I am prodictable That is the first time Well thanks for the explanation anyway Must have thought about it myself but well I hadn't, blame it on the fact that it is almost 4 am

oh and I will post my lifestory somewhere today well in the next hour i hope

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
        what's so bad about same sex marriage?

I don't understand why people start conflict over it, I mean it's just two people who love each other. What's so bad about that?
        EXACTLY! I can't say that in my family of course, because with the possible exception of my dad, they're all rancid homophobes...there's nothing wrong with loving someone if you REALLY TRULY LOVE THEM. End of story. You can't help who you love...
        Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
        Check out my Flickr

Comment

LOL Just thought I'd point something out...

When I was browsing the new replies, I noticed a chemistry.com ad at the bottom of the page reading:

Rejected by E-Harmony.com... Because I'm gay?
          Cracked me up considering the circumstances.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

that is hilarious considering the context
            sigpic

Comment

Okay if you don't want a life story, don't read this, skip it! Cause it will be full of me talk...but mainly about how it is to deal with things, and how you deal with finding out that you really are bisexual and coming out for it.

Lets just say as a youngkid I always admired women, strong female characters. I also besides the fact that I thought they were cool, always though they looked great but then never thought about it. I mean I was just a kid. You don't think about that to much. So after elimentary I went to middleschool and well there was a boy there who liked me, so we started dating. And I dated him in all of middle school and also in highschool, then we split up. Well actually he passed away. But I must say in all these years, I never felt love. I liked him. I really did but that was it. He was a good friend to me nothing more. In all these years I was with him, I doubted a long about what I felt and for who. I even got a huge crush one one my friends (female) but I never really thought about it. I just hid it away... So after highschool I went to Uni and my eyes really opened. I used to go to a very strict school where you couldn't do a thing. At Uni I saw other things then I used to be. And that also made me think about my own sexuality a lot. But still I hid a lot. A lot has to do with the fact that I am a Catholic and lets face it, they aren't the open-minded people eh But then thing happened what used to happen, I fell in love with a girl and she liked me too. So we started dating. Of course we did in secret, I didn't want to come out for it. This all was last January. Of course did so didn't work. So I had to come out and lets just say I was very afraid of it, cause a lot of my friends always make comment about gay people and I know a lot of my friends (online) are Christian and Americans (and I was afraid on how they would react). From my parents I knew I would be supported, no matter what. Cause they always did that! So step by step I told everyone about it. And my parents where very supportive. A lot of my friends where too, especially the ones from Uni. My online friends where the best friends!!! they supported me where there for me. But then the friends from higschool were horrible and really tried to make me bad about myself. But in the end I understood them, they thought I lied to them, and in a way that is what I did for so many years. But the most problems I have had with my closest friends. Most of them didn't react like I thought. they never said they hated gay people, well besides one (who really said to me, no matter what, I like who you are, you are my friend if you are gay or not, it doesn't make a difference to me) But my other friends were mean and horrible to me. They said I was a liar, I couldn't be gay. I was made wrong. God made a mistake while making me and stuff like that. And now almost 6 months later some are back to normal but I also lost a great deal of friends because of it. But in the end I know it was worth losing them. Cause I finally was who I was. No more hiding. And I also got a few nice comments!

But my point to this all is: no matter how you think you know people, they always seem to surprise you
              And my second point is: we are in a time of change and of change this, and yes it is with a fight, but for freedom you need to fight. And in a way this is also looking for freedom, looking for acceptence of being yourself!

Coming out for a lot of gay people isn't easy, but it does make you stronger and you get to know people who you thought were your friends. And when coming out you aren't on your own even if you lose people you also gain some!!! But threads like these does help being yourself!!!

and for the people my girlfriend isn't the same girl anymore

One advice I give everyone now a days (cause I am on an online forum for gay, lesbian and bisexuals who needs help or just a nice talk...) JUST BE YOURSELF! and just follow your heart, but also don't rush it!

And anyone who lurks in this thread and is afraid to post, take your time to accept yourself, cause this is the first step!

I know I babble to much

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                And anyone who lurks in this thread and is afraid to post, take your time to accept yourself, cause this is the first step!
                Hold the door open, I'm comeing out, This is hard for me but here goes. I am a young guy who lives in rural Australia and I think that I might be gay, the hardest part for me is that I don't know for sure if I am gay or if I am not as I haven't dated anyone of either gender. Many of my online friends already know about me and are accepting though my RL friends and family don't know about it

Comment

Originally posted by gavo2o View Post
                  Hold the door open, I'm comeing out, This is hard for me but here goes. I am a young guy who lives in rural Australia and I think that I might be gay, the hardest part for me is that I don't know for sure if I am gay or if I am not as I haven't dated anyone of either gender. Many of my online friends already know about me and are accepting though my RL friends and family don't know about it
                  Wow... that was unexpected. Well, good for you, coming out. I know my gay friends tortured themselves about it for years, but were just too scared. Of course, once they actually did it, everyone was instantly supportive, so they felt stupid lol.

Just take your time. People will accept you for what you are: a good person .
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

let's see... i'm a single eighteen year old female who's longest relationship lasted long enough for the guy to go stalker-crazy [( approx. two weeks )] otherwise i have had no sexual/dating experience, and did a little soul searching at the tender age of 11, yes 11... i did religion, sexuality, and life plan all in one go... oddly enough, i'm still content with being a psycho-analytic, omnisexual witch.... which is funny and ironic since i grew up in a Southern Baptist, bible thumping community... odd how life works out, ain't it?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                      Gay
                      Straight
                      Alliance

I know what GLBT stands for but I too had no clue about SGA or GSA as you changed it too. Though SGA will now get a double meaning .

@RepliCartertje -> Vlaanderen Boven!!

*sigh*

I am a single 26-year old female and I'm gay. Almost all of my friends know about me, and so does my sister. When I told my sister she shrugged and told me, "Okay, so you're gay. That's fine.", and then she quickly added half-joking, "But don't let me walk in on you smooching with your girlfriend".
                      The rest of my family doesn't have a clue (I think) though I made a few slips already. I think they have an inkling but none of them has ever asked me straightforward whether I was gay, though my grandmother once wondered if my best friend was in fact my girlfriend. (which she's not, she's a gay-magnet yes but she's the straightest girl I know)

A couple of years ago I had a short-lived relationship with a really sweet guy and I remember I told him I was confused about me being gay or straight. He was so sweet, even remained friends after we broke up (I did the breaking). One evening after it I was chatting with my two best friends and I just blurted it out. And from there on I learned that it was actually quite easy to open up and come out of the closet, but it's just that little more difficult when it comes to family. And as long as I'm free as a bird aka single I'll probably hide that fact of my life from them. Maybe if the opportune moment came around (which is just wishful thinking on my part)...
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I support gay marriage when both chicks are hot

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                          LOL!!
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            I know what GLBT stands for but I too had no clue about SGA or GSA as you changed it too. Though SGA will now get a double meaning .

@RepliCartertje -> Vlaanderen Boven!!

*sigh*

I am a single 26-year old female and I'm gay. Almost all of my friends know about me, and so does my sister. When I told my sister she shrugged and told me, "Okay, so you're gay. That's fine.", and then she quickly added half-joking, "But don't let me walk in on you smooching with your girlfriend".
                            The rest of my family doesn't have a clue (I think) though I made a few slips already. I think they have an inkling but none of them has ever asked me straightforward whether I was gay, though my grandmother once wondered if my best friend was in fact my girlfriend. (which she's not, she's a gay-magnet yes but she's the straightest girl I know)

A couple of years ago I had a short-lived relationship with a really sweet guy and I remember I told him I was confused about me being gay or straight. He was so sweet, even remained friends after we broke up (I did the breaking). One evening after it I was chatting with my two best friends and I just blurted it out. And from there on I learned that it was actually quite easy to open up and come out of the closet, but it's just that little more difficult when it comes to family. And as long as I'm free as a bird aka single I'll probably hide that fact of my life from them. Maybe if the opportune moment came around (which is just wishful thinking on my part)...
                            VLAANDEREN BUITEN!!!Yeehaaaa een andere Belgishe

And you know I found coming out to my family was the easiest part actually, my friends was the hardest part Cause I know my family will always be there for me, and they actually suspected it already, especially my dad, Apperently I was a good thunker for female beauty

And when you can join in too eh

Comment

triple for some folks... in some American high schools, like mine, SGA can stand for Student Government Association

(which she's not, she's a gay-magnet yes but she's the straightest girl I know)
                              my best friend is the same way... straight as an arrow, but huge lust magnet... i mean this girl attracts every single lesbian, bi, and straight guy on the market! i can't even get a date and all she ahs to do is say hi and they fall at her feet...

all my friends know too... as far as my family, only two of my cousins know... we were in a croud and it just sorta came out... i mean i don't hide it, but i don't flaunt it either, so yea... luckily these two grew up near San Fransisco... i know that may sound a little stereotypical, but keep in mind i was born there too... and we all know how weird i am

get a life
                              sigpic

Comment

He's got a point though...

Carter + Weir
                                Carter + Teyla
                                Carter + Keller

Comment

Working...
                                X