No announcement yet.

The GLBT and GSA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question ladyjanus, do you differentiate between gay-bashers and homophobes? or has that never been an issue? i mean for me, my "brother" is a homophobe, but then he was sexually abused as a child, so i can understand why he freaks when he gets hit on.... he never really was able to move past that...
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm straight, and I fully support same sex marriages.

But then again, I don't put much importance on marriage anyway (same or opposite sex); IMHO it's just another useless social concept imposed on people. If two people truly love each other, they don't need a marriage to make sure they stay together, or something.

That's just me though.

Comment

A marriage is a union between a man and a woman, anything else isn't marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
          [color=darkred]Mike!!!!! -glomp- long time no see!!
          Lol Hey Lilith lol btw what does 'glomp' mean?

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          A marriage is a union between a man and a woman, anything else isn't marriage.
          And who decided that? Rules and laws can be changed as simply as they can be made - you never know, in future they may change it so that marriage means:

'An eternal bond between two people who love each other'
          sigpic
          Spoiler:
          President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
          President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
          Forum Charmer
          Forum Ambassador
          Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
          VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
          VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

It's about heritage not law in my opinion, if it's different then why can't it have a different name?

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
              what does 'glomp' mean?
              If I understand correctly (I have a friend who does a lot of virtually glomping and on occassion real life too) it's also known as the "hug to death", meaning hugging someone so strongly they can't breath.

Nice idea to start this thread... Green for you Lilith!

I'm glad I live in a country where gay-marriage is allowed and where there's not too much gay-hatred or bashing going on.

I do have to admit I can get all worked up if there's something going on that involves gay/bi-people and laws or stuff in the world, like the same-sex marriage issues in the States (just naming one).
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

being bi i would love to be with a girl and marry her. and i know i would be happier with her then i would be a guy

Comment

Actually, to be quite honest I have always said to everyone who wanted to hear it that marriage wasn't my thing. Of course, the fact that all that was said a long time ago when same-sex marriage was still very much an issue here (my home country), I always knew I wasn't going to get married anyway.

But then the law was changed and suddenly gay couples were allowed to get married as well. If my girlfriend (whom I have yet to meet) would like to get married some day, then I think I would love to do so. At least, I would consider changing my mind about it. Also the issue of having children could change if the girlfriend would like to have kids. Adopt or of our own...

Comment

Lol Hey Lilith lol btw what does 'glomp' mean?
                    basically, a suprise hug from behind.... it usually ends up with the "huggie" of balance and possibly on the floor... or if i'm the "hugger" three feet from where you were originally standing [( and yes that has happened before... guy was twice my size but wasn't expecting me... we "surfed" three feet across the floor )] i have a nice little smilie too and then there's pouncing >D where you can see the person coming and hopefully brace yourself b/c you sure can't move out of the way

And who decided that? Rules and laws can be changed as simply as they can be made - you never know, in future they may change it so that marriage means:

'An eternal bond between two people who love each other'
                    that would be a holy union... also known as marriage... which is possible b/t same sex couples... so why, if it's possible, is it not legal? well, here in the good old US of A, it's b/c of Bible thumpers quoting holy scriptures
                    sigpic

Comment

Just for those "marriage is a man + woman thing", many modern bibles up here in New England state marriage as:

- a union between two adults consenting to join in matromony.

So, as you can see, gay marriage is now, officially, just marriage .

Personally, I never saw a problem with gays, even though I myself am straight. My friend Sam is flamboyantly gay as gay can be, but he's an amazing friend. I couldn't ask for a person to be more suportive or kind than him. I'd gladly help him plan his wedding anyday, and I hope he finds the right guy for him.

In my opinion, love is a wonderful, wonderful thing... Regardless of who you have it for.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        In my opinion, love is a wonderful, wonderful thing... Regardless of who you have it for.
                        Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                          I agree, Love is love no matter whether both are male and female, female and female or male and male

Comment

Love that is true and lasting is hard enough to find in this world. If two people can find it together, more power to them, regardless of gender. Tolerance is a wonderful thing. Live it. Share it. Teach it.

I DO disagree with those that want to trivialize marriage - if you get married for the right reasons it can be absolutely WONDERFUL (as mine has been for almost 6 years). Unfortunately, too many people get married too soon or for the wrong reasons.

<--straight and secure, but NOT narrow-minded

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Originally posted by TheXym View Post
                              Love that is true and lasting is hard enough to find in this world. If two people can find it together, more power to them, regardless of gender. Tolerance is a wonderful thing. Live it. Share it. Teach it.

I DO disagree with those that want to trivialize marriage - if you get married for the right reasons it can be absolutely WONDERFUL (as mine has been for almost 6 years). Unfortunately, too many people get married too soon or for the wrong reasons.

<--straight and secure, but NOT narrow-minded
                              lol, I'm glad to see there are so many other open-minded straight people here That thread in General Discussion had me kind of disgusted, to be honest.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

don't mind them... i mean i can understand where most of them are coming from... gay culture just isn't something you see much in american tv unless it's blatant... and then it becomes tacky quick.... if we had a few better writers, things may be a little different, but let's just face it... mainstream America just isn't ready for it....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X