Clear All

Originally posted by trupi View Post
    Tail Tucks
    Botox!

Comment

my cat has extra skin dangling from her tummy where she got bit by a dog
      do you think thats why shes so shy? shes self concious
      hmm mabye a tummy tuck will give her that bikini body
      "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
        When my sister had her two dogs neutered, she had plastic prostheses put in so they wouldn't feel less manly. Years later, it still makes me laugh.

Permanently?

Really?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
          Permanently?

Really?

Yes, really. My sister's logic escapes me at times. Her husband may have had something to do with it. Or the vet may have been a really good salesman.
          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

I'd love to talk about/post pictures of my pet, but I find most people tend to be very narrow-minded and ignorant towards spiders, and id really rather not have people making comments like "urgh" or "I hate spiders" at my beloved animal
            Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
            Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab View Post
              I'd love to talk about/post pictures of my pet, but I find most people tend to be very narrow-minded and ignorant towards spiders, and id really rather not have people making comments like "urgh" or "I hate spiders" at my beloved animal
              I think Spiders as pets are pretty cool. It is when they are running around my house, sneaking up on me that I don't like them. The big ones that you can hold are mesmerizing!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                I think Spiders as pets are pretty cool. It is when they are running around my house, sneaking up on me that I don't like them. The big ones that you can hold are mesmerizing!
                My spider (Helga) has brought me and my mother closer together over the past few years and shes become part of the family, so she means alot to me. She is very gentle and even petable. Sometimes she will even go to sleep on my lap and curl herself up into a little ball of fuzz, I love her loads. It saddens me deeply they have such a bad reputation - its something im rather sensitive too as well as I've always related deeply to my little 8-legged friends.
                Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

My spider (Helga) has brought me and my mother closer together over the past few years and shes become part of the family, so she means alot to me. She is very gentle and even petable. Sometimes she will even go to sleep on my lap and curl herself up into a little ball of fuzz, I love her loads. It saddens me deeply they have such a bad reputation - its something im rather sensitive too as well as I've always related deeply to my little 8-legged friends.
                  Everybody needs someone or something to care for. I'm glad you have found yours. Aww at the curling up to go to sleep on you.

There aren't many animals that I get squicked over except for ticks and I don't believe that people would keep them for pets I am usually the first one to volunteer to pet or handle the animals that we have visit our school.

Although, come to think of it, the hairless dogs, cats and rats are a bit disturbing. I wouldn't make fun of them, but I might not volunteer to hold them as quickly.
                  sigpic

Comment

By all means, tell us all about Helga. While I wouldn't choose a spider as a pet, I can certainly relate to loving an animal. I'd wager everyone else here does too.
                    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                    May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Well, shes a bit of a spaz. She can be clumsy and a bit silly sometimes. One time one of her crickets went right underneath her and she accidently sat on the cricket, she shot up very quickly. Another time she actually -smacked- a cricket because it was chirping too loudly, she litterally raised a leg slowly then whacked it. She can be amusing like that. She will often go out of her way to put a leg up on the side of her tank as if to "chill out". She has a "favourite spot" in the top right corner where she has made a kind of "bed" from web, she likes to flop herself down on there to sleep and will have several naps a day because she is quite lazy. She's never shot any of her urtricating hairs at me or bitten me. A few weeks ago her clumisiness nearly killed her when she fell off my hand three foot onto the floor - they can die if they fall 6 inches, so that was really terrifying for all concerned, luckily shes a tough girlie and is fine now, at the present moment she is dipping her head in and out of her water-dish..I guess shes thirsty.

heres a few pictures, but I put them behind a spoiler-tag thingy, incase anyone has a go at me ;
                      Spoiler:

Exploring my hand ;

Asleep on my lap ;

Face-shot, sorry its so blurry ;

Comment

That pic of her sleeping on your lap is adorable. Love it. Glad she is ok after her fall. She does sound like she is full of personality!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                          That pic of her sleeping on your lap is adorable. Love it. Glad she is ok after her fall. She does sound like she is full of personality!!
                          Thankyou that made my night..or day (its 2:33am here). It is a fact that no two members of her species (chilean rose) act the same, so yes you could consider it personality. She is much lazier than others iv known

Comment

I'm glad you decided to post some pics of her. Yes some people may make remarks about things they don't like or understand. I have found that this thread is a great place to share pics of any kind of pet you have and everyone is understanding and accepting. I may not choose to have the kind of pet someone else might, but pets are a personal choice.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thankyou that made my night..or day (its 2:33am here). It is a fact that no two members of her species (chilean rose) act the same, so yes you could consider it personality. She is much lazier than others iv known
                              Wow! Such a cool pet! And good pictures too.

As far as pets go, we're pretty equal opportunity. Glad you decided to post here. Hope you'll visit with us again!

Comment

This is my pup, Kodi Chakotay Orso-Smith... Yes, that is the name on his vet papers!!

Comment

Working...
                                X