Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry. Point taken. But I HAVE seen people say that they don't care WHAT happens on the show, as long as the show is still on. And I've seen more people who seem to think that Stargate "beating" X-Files' run is the more important than anything else.

And I'm sorry for my overwhelming negativity, but the more people attack me for it, the more pissed off I get and the less likely I am to back off.

ETA: I've edited my previous post to exclude to comment.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      But I HAVE seen people say that they don't care WHAT happens on the show, as long as the show is still on.
      I've seen that too. I think that might be their version of 'Trust TPTB'. I trust Joss Whedon to deliver good stuff, and I can totally picture myself saying that I don't care what happens on Firefly as long as it's on; because I can't conceive of that show existing without being good.

Although I might be wrong. And I never worked out whether Trust TPTB was a command, a suggestion, a mantra or what...

(I've deleted my previous post )

Madeleine

Comment

I've learned a very hard and bitter lesson that TPTB of ANY show can never be trusted. Every major fandom I've been in has wound up in disappointment. Every show I've watched which has lasted more than a season has inevitably gone too far and things eventually become unpalatable.

I am not the type of person who can watch a show to the bitter, bitter end even if (especially if) I think it's going bad because, IMO, I'd rather remember the show as being GREAT and I don't want to see a good thing destroyed. So when I catch signs of decay, I bail ship and I have no regrets over bailing other than the fact that I needed to bail in the first place.

And I say again that I will NOT be made to feel guilty or ashamed because I choose to stop watching. I'm still a fan.

Comment

(((((((Shadow)))))))

I think either I watch different programmes or I must have much lower standards than you

But I'd say that the very fact that you're here at all speaks that you're a fan, and last time I checked GW was for Fans, not 'True Fans' So anyone who tells you you aren't a TF (tm) can go and... do... something. (It's late and I'm lacking in imagination and fluency )

I reckon anyone who uses the words 'true fan' to berate or dismiss other fans... well they'll probably soon be going through that part of their life which brings acne and public exams and all the other stuff I'm glad to be through with and with a bit of luck they'll emerge as Adult.

Madeleine

Comment

I have noticed that I sometimes have permission to post new threads and sometimes not. I haven't even *tried* to start a thread since I pulled a boner and put a spoiler in a title thread when I first joined. Have I been posting wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
              hehehehehehe
              I refuse to kneel!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                Hey what about me don’t I get anything.

*Go’s into corner and cries*
                Please don't cry. I hate to see a crying Wass
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  I have noticed that I sometimes have permission to post new threads and sometimes not.
                  You can start threads anywhere except in the Episode folders.

Madeleine

Comment

I've been away for too long! My goddess Tame has become a full-fledged system lord!

****Bows before my gorgeous Queen Tame**** ((((hugs))))
                    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                      Please don't cry. I hate to see a crying Wass
                      Thank you for your kindness the reason I was upset yesterday was because I just finished my degree few months ago and went for job where I had go through a process of 4 interviews and 2 exams. After three weeks of this hard stuff they turned around and told me “you not good enough for what we are looking for”. But any life goes on I feel much better today.
                      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                        I've been away for too long! My goddess Tame has become a full-fledged system lord!

****Bows before my gorgeous Queen Tame**** ((((hugs))))
                        Get up... Get Up I have no clue what to do with bowing people ...now hugs I know EXACTLY what to do with... (((((((((Major Tyler)))))))
                        And I love the flattery... thank you
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                          I refuse to kneel!!!!
                          well NO...especially not after all of that *friggin' Quantum Leaping*
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Is there another level after this e.g. System Lord or is this it.
                            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

From what I have been told....this is it
                              Let me qualify that....for now ....the points still accumulate and they can make changes but for *the moment* this is it

Comment

Tame, I think you might like the new avatar, since it's got RDA featured!
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X