This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatusu
    I get the where. If the gene is expressed in the lower layers of the skin, the skin will glow. How does the glowing property work for determining how the gene is used?......

...and could you make the pigs eyes gow like a Goa'uld?
    Well, as the cliche goes, location is everything. If the subject's hair glows, it is safe to say that the gene codes for a structural protein in the hair, if only a particular internal organ, perhaps the liver, glows you can determine that the gene and its protein play a specific role and continue from that point to refine what exactly that role is, and so forth.
    sigpic
    Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by GATEGOD
      This apparently was a real memo sent at a computer company to its employees in all seriousness.

This memo is from an unnamed computer company. It went to all field engineers about a computer peripheral problem. The author of this memo was quite serious. The engineers rolled on the floor.

"Mouse Balls"

Mouse balls are now available as FRU (Field Replacement Units).

Therefore, if a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, it may need a ball replacement. Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel.

Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the underside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls. Ball removal procedures differ depending upon the manufacturer of the mouse. Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop-off method. Domestic balls are replaced by the twist-off method. Mouse balls are not usually static sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge.

Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse can be used immediately.

It is recommended that each replacer have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction.

Any customer missing his balls should suspect local personnel of removing these necessary items.
      Okay, seriously, I haven't laughed that hard in years. I am just now able to breath and my sides hurt, and I can't see because of the tears in my eyes. I know it's silly but it hit JUST the right moment for me tonight. Thank you! lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
        Tax refund??? They really do that? I did mine and had a good cry. Needless to say, they won't be filed until the last day. *sob*
        Sorry. I claim zero so I can get one. It's a weird year though, so I don't know what it will be.
        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut
          perhaps the liver, glows
          I'd pay a quarter to see that.

Comment

Sela, you're here!!!
            Just barely... I'm bopin' around the 'net trying to find something to do....
            "You cannot reason with your own heart;
            it has it's own laws and beats about things
            which the intellect scorns."
            - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
              Anyone want to get fired in a creative way? Try this.

(GG enticed me start hitting the stumble button...)
              Very tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                Just barely... I'm bopin' around the 'net trying to find something to do....
                I recommend full frontal nudity and a roomfull of chickens, but that's just me.

Comment

Sorry. I claim zero so I can get one. It's a weird year though, so I don't know what it will be.
                  I was bad and stopped going to church as much, hence less tithing... God is getting me for it in my pocketbook! What I'm paying I could have gone to Vancouver on...

Argh! And I haven't done the state yet. Turbo Tax doesn't have the state program ready until 1/30...

Comment

Wow...all my favorite threads came ALIVE this afternoon. So much catching up to do...but so little sleep...

Comment

Originally posted by Droops
                      I recommend full frontal nudity and a roomfull of chickens, but that's just me.
                      If it were anybody else, my dear Droops, I wouldn't even consider it, but because it's you....well....
                      - Mark Twain -

Comment

If it were anybody else, my dear Droops, I wouldn't even consider it, but because it's you....well....
                        You might consider it, but I should demonstrate first, right?

Comment

Definitely. You first.

Comment

Sure. Right. Go ahead....

.....but first send me over whatever it is that you're drinking because for a man to even consider being nekked in a room full of chickens he's got to be drinking something.
                            - Mark Twain -

Comment

Sure. Right. Go ahead....

.....but first send me over whatever it is that you're drinking because for a man to even consider being nekked in a room full of chickens he's got to be drinking something.
                              Something about early birds, but the rest escapes me.

In the meantime, how about dancing the watusi in stilettos?

Comment

Definitely. You first.
                                What will you do in return? Spandex in a hottub with warm jello maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X