This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You scared me!

You've got to post that on Pyewackett's thread.
    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
      OMG - where did you get that from Seshat?
      I have my own devious sources....never to be revealed...

Comment

Come post in my Sam hair thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...65#post4496865

BTW - if people think it is frivolous stuff them
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
          I have my own devious sources....never to be revealed...
          *Thinks Seshat made it herself*
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
            *Thinks Seshat made it herself*
            Heavens no, you give me way too much credit! I swiped it, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
              Your grandpa had a horse? I'm having serious childhood envy. I learned to ride by renting once in a blue moon. Actually, I can't say that I really learned anything. I didn't have any lessons. My only skill is that I don't fall off.
              That's a good skill to have.
              My last vacation was a riding vacation in Tuscany. It was English saddle. After my first day, the guide made me take a trotting lesson. When the lesson was over, I realized that my fellow riders (all experts who owned horses) were in the stands cheering me on. Well, if they were laughing, they were quiet about it.

We spent days riding up and down steep, wet mountain paths, and roads. We rode through, cities and farms, past cypress and olive trees, sheep, barking dogs, a Medici Villa and a castle. I was scared to death, but I never fell off. Exhausting, but tons of fun. Then we'd come back to a wonderful Italian meal with wine.

I'd like to do that again, but I'd take some lessons first.
              Sounds lovely. That's my type of vacation, but it's not the kind of thing my parents like to do, so I'll have to do it someday with a friend.
              gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse
                I loved Hidalgo! (of course ) Saw it in theatres. I should buy it, it would look nice next to Seabiscuit. I love true stories like those.
                I loved "Hidalgo!" "Seabiscuit" was very good, but I was a bit disappointed with it as they left so much of the book out. If they had filmed every event in the book, they would have had a movie trilogy.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  I loved "Hidalgo!" "Seabiscuit" was very good, but I was a bit disappointed with it as they left so much of the book out. If they had filmed every event in the book, they would have had a movie trilogy.
                  Three movies instead of one would have been nice. I haven't read the book yet, but I may actually be able to read it for a school project. Now that's my kind of book!
                  gatehorse

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse
                    Three movies instead of one would have been nice. I haven't read the book yet, but I may actually be able to read it for a school project. Now that's my kind of book!
                    Oh, you MUST get Laura Hildibrand's book!! By the time you are finished you swear this story never could have happened.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Oh, you MUST get Laura Hildibrand's book!! By the time you are finished you swear this story never could have happened.
                      I do have it....I bought it recently, but unfortunately, I don't have time to read it, with schoolwork and all. I switched levels in English three days before school started, and the level I'm in now had a different summer reading book, Don Quixote (unabridged). I don't mind it, but it's 1000 pages, so any reading time I have is taken up by that. That's why I'm exicted about possibly reading Seabiscuit for school.
                      gatehorse

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                        Did O'Neill say, "Spank me Rosy"?

Great sig.
                        He did, at the end of Full Circle.

Thanks.
                        sigpic
                        sig.by : lilferret

Comment

I loved Seabiscuit so much that I went back to video store and asked them if they would sell it to me.
                          I'm not even interested in horses...

The entire cast was wonderful... Chris Cooper was amazing...
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

BTW, how is everyone doing with the rep points system as it is now? Have you found yourself changing your habits and posting styles because of it?

Comment

This is sad. I am the one who has to save the thread every time!
                              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

Originally posted by Droops
                                BTW, how is everyone doing with the rep points system as it is now? Have you found yourself changing your habits and posting styles because of it?
                                People didnt used to give me rep

Still dont

So perhaps a change is in order
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X