X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJFavorite View Post
    Thanks!!! It will be fun!!!
    Yipee! The gang's all here. Well a lot of us anyway.
    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Sela View Post
      * Waves at DJ

Congrats on winning the VIP ticket lottery! Look forward to seeing you at the con!
      *headdesk*

Where are my manners?

Congrats on the ticket DJF!!
      sigpic
      Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
      "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

The whole gang at the con? Is the country prepared for such an invasion?

As for the status of my lawyers: None have died, the soulless creatures that I define as my lawyers like working for me.
        Signed,

Gregorius
        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
          Oh, and I was showing a co-worker some of your underwater pics. She thought they were very cool. Kiwi, same for your starscape and eclipse pics.
          I had to read that very carefully. I thought it was going to read "underwear". (Then I was going to ask for a link )

Adrianne
          If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
          It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
            None have quit. My reputation alone is enough to keep them working for me.

And yes, I claim I am innocent. I AM INNOCENT!
            There is a huge difference between a claim, and a fact

And, oh dear ... is Adrianne thinking about underwear again?
            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
              The whole gang at the con? Is the country prepared for such an invasion?

But we are such a happy invasion. MWAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

Grumble, grumble...I never get to go to Vancouver because it conflicts with school. Congrats to everyone who is going - especially on the VIP ticket DJF.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
                  Has anyone volunteered at a Stargate convention? What was it like?
                  I volunteered at Shore Leave (as well as other cons) for many a year while I was unable to afford it otherwise. Most of those years were spent doing the art room and auction. The auction was Saturday night, so I didn't go to the Masquerade or Ten Forward, but these were not huge losses for me. I've done registration, bag stuffing, security and McDonald's runs as well. I've stopped a celebrity at the door and asked to see his pass since I had no clue whatsoever who he was, and I have used my "teacher voice" to keep people back until the con officially opened. I've slept in a volunteer hotel room with eight other people, and woken up at 4:30 a.m. to guard a dealer's hallway. There are cons when I've loved volunteering and ones where I've been bored out of my skull.

On the balance I'm glad I did it. It's a very different experience than being a congoer. You meet a lot of new people who are generally fun as well as interesting. I've found that the professionally-run cons aren't nearly as much fun as the fan-run ones. In my experience, they take their volunteers for granted and are not always respectful of either the volunteers or the fans.

I don't go to many cons anymore, but I would much rather pay for them than volunteer, but I'm at a very different place in my life now. I've met a lot of fans with whom I would prefer to spend time, and cons also afford me the opportunity to meet people I interact with online.

I hope this helps. I say go for it. I don't regret doing it in the least, and I doubt you will either.
                  sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                  May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
                    And, oh dear ... is Adrianne thinking about underwear again?
                    Are you in them? (Are you out of them?! )

Adrianne
                    (Don't you have a Tourney to count/end/control???)
                    If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                    It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                      I...I hope this helps. I say go for it. I don't regret doing it in the least, and I doubt you will either.
                      Thanks, Scifithinker.

I know what you mean about the professional cons. Last year at one of the Creations, registration was so badly handled that I wanted to take over. They used my suggestion, but didn't thank me for it. Maybe my annoyance and frustration made me rude, but no profanity was involved.

I never swear.

I thought that I might volunteer at Gatecon's registration to help out, and to meet everyone. I don't know if that's where they want me yet, but I'm experienced. I paid for my ticket too. No discount, but there is a party.

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
                        There is a huge difference between a claim, and a fact
                        It'll be a fact the moment I rewrite the dictionary.
                        Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

So then that would be Greg Webster, eh?
                          sigpic

Comment

Greg's(tm) Oxford English Dictionary(tm) and Greg(tm) Webster's(tm) Dictionary(tm).

If you have a problem and no one else can help you, maybe you can hire Greg(tm) to rewrite the dictionary for you.
                            Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                              No you are not misreading it...sheesh you people are scaring the Forum

However, since it is not a stated reward as such yet... You have to like vote for me or something OR go over into Off topic in the Rep points and Universe thread and ask for one since this conversation is heading way OFF topic in here
                              well .....not scaring the forum....really..... just going down the wrong road

Vote for you where??

And where's my hug??

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
                                well .....not scaring the forum....really..... just going down the wrong road

Vote for you where??

And where's my hug??
                                Why in the *Who's your favorite Mod* thread of course

and

((((((((((((SilverRider))))))))))))
                                here...is your hug
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X