This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Fischer
    I'm 185 short, but I got dinged last night for ripping appart Prometheus Unbound. Well, that's okay, I felt like I had taken a fire extinguisher to the head after that episode anyway...

Probably set you back a point or two .. nothing that can't be made up.
    __

__

Comment

woohoo! only 33 pts to become a GOD!!!!! Maybe I'll just take over the job of being the goddess of the Hussies of Babylon..... nah, I'll let Vala keep that job. She's so good at it.
      No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

I'm 185 short, but I got dinged last night for ripping appart Prometheus Unbound. Well, that's okay, I felt like I had taken a fire extinguisher to the head after that episode anyway...
        Hey, I gave you a thumbs up. Hope that helped offset some of the naysayers.
        To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
          Hey, I gave you a thumbs up. Hope that helped offset some of the naysayers.
          It's all good. I long ago stopped caring about getting dinged. After all, at this point, it seems rather shallow to flake out over it

Comment

It's all good. I long ago stopped caring about getting dinged. After all, at this point, it seems rather shallow to flake out over it
            I didn't even know there was such as system until I recently read some posts from folks complaining about getting anonymous negative rep points.

The entire notion of giving others disapproval points because you disagree with their opinions seems rather bizarre to me. If I disagree with someone and feel I have something to say on the matter, I'd just as soon post a message with my own viewpoint.
            To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
              If I disagree with someone and feel I have something to say on the matter, I'd just as soon post a message with my own viewpoint.
              That's what I do as well. I've never felt the need to give someone a red yet myself even with the recent spate of trolling... I'd rather give them a piece of my mind.
              I see the rep points as a positive thing and that's how I intend to keep seeing it.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

In regards to trolls, responding to them is the LAST thing you want to do. That's what they want and it's why they do it- to piss off other people and watch them blow up in public.

Negging them means that THEY are the only ones who are affected and it also means that with enough negs (and assuming s/he doesn't turn rep off) it serves as a warning to everyone else that "this is a bad user". So the NEXT time s/he attacks, people will take a look at the rep and know it's intentional and will hopefully realize it's futile to attack back.

Comment

I believe in only saying what I have to say once (and only if I feel strongly enough about the level of rudeness)... if they want an argument, I will ignore them and refuse to engage with them any further.
                  As you say, there's no need to continue to dialogue with someone who isn't interested in doing the right thing or listening to reason.
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

(muffled through lid) You know, I'm not feeling the love here, people.....
                    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                    it has it's own laws and beats about things
                    which the intellect scorns."
                    - Mark Twain -

Comment

I'll flex my double Goddess muscles and let you out of the sarc for now but if Mr. Prophet comes back you have to get back in. And if he catches you out of the sarc I'm going to deny all knowledge of your escape.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                        I'll flex my double Goddess muscles and let you out of the sarc for now but if Mr. Prophet comes back you have to get back in. And if he catches you out of the sarc I'm going to deny all knowledge of your escape.
                        Thank you! In return for your kindness, I'm sending over my cabana boys for your entertainment pleasure. Keep them as long as you like, but try not to hurt them. Much.

As for Mr. P., don't worry about him. I'm not a well know threat to the System Lords * for nuthin'!

*...of course, as a double System Lord and my rescuer, you have nothing to fear, however I can use my evilness on your behalf anytime you wish.
                        "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                        it has it's own laws and beats about things
                        which the intellect scorns."
                        - Mark Twain -

Comment

Yesterday I discovered what the question is to "42". It's "For how many minutes straight can two pre-schoolers hold a discussion-cum-singsong on Whiskey in the Jar without hesitation or deviation (but with plenty of repetition)?"

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                            Yesterday I discovered what the question is to "42". It's "For how many minutes straight can two pre-schoolers hold a discussion-cum-singsong on Whiskey in the Jar without hesitation or deviation (but with plenty of repetition)?"
                            Here's another question with the same answer: "How many asprins will one need to take after listening?"
                            Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                              I got the perfect name for him: Steve Jr. We'll always remember.
                              Steve Jr the penguin?!?!
                              A penguin named Steve...
                              A ship named Titanic...
                              A blimp named Hindenburg...
                              A city named Sodom and Gomarahh...

Comment

So your reputation is the green blocks in the upper right hand corner? My wife tried to explain this stuff to me but I'm pretty dumb when it comes to computer stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X