This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wass
    SZame here few more points and I will become system lord.
    Hopefully you'll finally leave my hammer alone then...

Comment

There seem to be a lot of elitists on the board lately who feel that only certain opinions should be allowed. I've seen it cropping up more and more often and it is... disappointing, to say the least. Just because I (and others) are upset with the direction of the show doesn't mean that we no longer have permission to post here. This isn't about you, Wass, but there are others who are a lot less polite about stating their "opinions".

As for why I keep talking about the show when I'm effectively no longer watching it... it's kinda like having a sore tooth. You know it hurts, but you keep prodding at it, anyway. I had a lot of respect and admiration for the show. I thought that it was a really great thing. Maybe not the "best scifi show EVER" ( ) but certainly one of the better ones. So, for me, to know that the show was once so great and to feel that it is now failing in all of its objectives, it... bothers me. I don't like to see good things ruined and in my opinion, Stargate has been ruined beyond repair. I try to at least make sure that my thoughts on the subject are well-reasoned and politely stated, but I know that a lot of others don't. And you're right, there are a lot more people complaining about the show, too. It seems that fandom is growing increasingly polarized: either you love the show completely and think everyone else is an idiot, or you hate the show completely and think everyone else is a fool. It isn't a good sign...

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
        Hopefully you'll finally leave my hammer alone then...
        Once I get my god like powers I will have more powerful weapons then your hammer.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Once I get my god like powers I will have more powerful weapons then your hammer.
          *snorts with laughter*

Keep on dreaming!

Comment

Just for the record that post was not aimed at you Shadow it was general opinion for me and what I see happening on many forums. I for one don’t like every thing I see but I have always been and always will be an open minded person who is prepared to give anything go and then give my opinion on it once I see it.

As for people not allowed to post here please do I have no problem with it it’s free forum I would just like to keep arguments of liking and disliking the show, shippy etc in their appropriate thread.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

*snorts with laughter*

Keep on dreaming!
              We’ll see

Comment

I've started a thread to discuss what's going on with fandom

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=9349

If anyone is interested in continuing the discussion there.

Comment

Thanks shadow for you understanding where I was coming from.

Comment

Thanks shadow for you understanding where I was coming from.
                    Unlike SOME people around here, I can usually stay open-minded about things. At least when it comes to people being too stupid to realize the show is tanking. (that's a joke)

Comment

*snorts with laughter*

Keep on dreaming!
                      But wasn't it...a shoe, in your case? Or am I mixing up things?

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                      Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                      ~CELLO!~
                      ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
                        But wasn't it...a shoe, in your case? Or am I mixing up things?
                        You obviously haven't been around much today. There was no mention of shoes and there will not be any mention of shoes. My shoes are in a safe place where neither Wass nor anyone else will ever find them!

Comment

You obviously haven't been around much today. There was no mention of shoes and there will not be any mention of shoes. My shoes are in a safe place where neither Wass nor anyone else will ever find them!
                          On you feet, in plain sight!

Sorry, Feli. I couldn't resist.
                          Last edited by greytop; 28 February 2005, 12:03 PM. Reason: added content

Comment

Warghl, you had me spout tea all over the place!

Okay, won't mention the apparel for, er, lower appendages any more !

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                            Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                            ~CELLO!~
                            ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                              Wow, Rocket is in Major Clanger's sig!
                              Psst Hatusu! You really don't want to be in the lovely Major Clanger's sig.
                              sigpic

Comment

I can cure your headaches

*Pulls out a big hammer*
                                You liberated Feli's hammer!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X