Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one? There are a lot of ways to calculate Pi, although most of them are power series and a pain in the arse to type without LaTeX.

pi = Area/r^2, with r as radius, Area as area enclosed.
    r^2 = (x-a)^2+(y-b)^2
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
      I saw a movie on the SyFy channel that I liked.
      I take it that's a novelty?

*Flees from the math.*
      sigpic
      Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Now you are scaring me!
        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

It's very much a novelty for me to like a SyFy Saturday movie. The movie was "Dark Relic" about a knight and a group of travelers from the Crusades who try to bring a relic of Christ to Rome. A series of disasters strike and they soon realize that a demon is chasing them.

Excellent acting and costumes. Great locations and an interesting plot. I'd watch it again. Some people might find the the idea of turning a Christian quest into a horror film, but I didn't. The knight never lost his faith which made his character noble. The travelers that joined him also included some Muslims from the Holy Land, one a female warrior and a European female slave which I liked, too. They were interesting characters.

I saw a commercial that they are doing a new 4 hour version of "Riverworld". Joy! I hope it's good.
          Last edited by Hatusu; 29 March 2010, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
            I take it that's a novelty?

*Flees from the math.*
            2 + 2 = 5 for sufficiently large values of 2.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

0.999 (9 repeating ad infinitum) = 1.
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Cute, but not true unless you quote Spock ( and someone named John Rawls) that, "A difference that makes no difference is no difference."

Comment

Sela,

Which HP did you get?
                  I have an HP Pavillion Entertainment PC. Which is currently out of commission because of a short in the power cord. I'm typeing on my IPod Touch. Ten minutes to type this!
                  "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                  it has it's own laws and beats about things
                  which the intellect scorns."
                  - Mark Twain -

Comment

I've been pricing them, but I'm not buying one yet.

Comment

Hey friends,

All this SGU stuff is getting on my nerves. I'm going to take a break from Gateworld. Please visit me on Twitter.

Happy Easter! *Hugs*

Comment

I don't visit the other sections of the forum. What is going on?!

We'll miss you. (And alas I'm not on Twitter...)

But happy Easter!
                        sigpic
                        Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

I saw a movie on the SyFy channel that I liked.
                          I'm sotty Hats.....your brain is in terminal melting stage.....you have 3 months to live

sigpic
                          Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                          "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                            Which one? There are a lot of ways to calculate Pi, although most of them are power series and a pain in the arse to type without LaTeX.

pi = Area/r^2, with r as radius, Area as area enclosed.
                            r^2 = (x-a)^2+(y-b)^2
                            Hey! I demand the antiderivative!
                            sigpic

Comment

It's very much a novelty for me to like a SyFy Saturday movie. The movie was "Dark Relic" about a knight and a group of travelers from the Crusades who try to bring a relic of Christ to Rome. A series of disasters strike and they soon realize that a demon is chasing them.

Excellent acting and costumes. Great locations and an interesting plot. I'd watch it again. Some people might find the the idea of turning a Christian quest into a horror film, but I didn't. The knight never lost his faith which made his character noble. The travelers that joined him also included some Muslims from the Holy Land, one a female warrior and a European female slave which I liked, too. They were interesting characters.

I saw a commercial that they are doing a new 4 hour version of "Riverworld". Joy! I hope it's good.
                              What I want to know(and my roommate too) is, is this a complete remake, or a sequel-of-sorts to the last Riverworld movie/miniseries?
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm baaack! I had to come back to announce how pleased I was in the recent SGU episodes.

As for "Riverworld", it's a new miniseries based on the book. I noticed that a BSG actor is the lead.

Why is my brain so hot?
                                Last edited by Hatusu; 11 May 2010, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X