X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then you are due.
    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

True. Particularly if it was like last Friday when I was there until 8:30 p.m. doing the most mind-numbingly boring crap. Ugh.

Ah well, that too shall pass!
      sigpic
      Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

I've been there! Will you be getting out of the busy season soon?

Comment

I finally watched Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. I caught a show in the middle of the season and I was totally hooked. I watched the early shows from this season in a catch up marathon. The show is intense. They should air this show in schools. Coming down from Methadone looks absolutely awful. I saw a sweet guy turn into a mean terror, then go almost catatonic before he came out of it The surprise for me was that the spoiled celebrities were basically decent, if very messed up people.

Comment

I'm a legal assistant and my boss has a trial starting on March 29 so it will be a madhouse until then. And the trial is out of town so that means that we need to be sure that everything is done and organized. (Unlike the last trial where I had to walk up to the courthouse to drop stuff off 3 times a day.)

Wow - I've never seen Celebrity Rehab but it certainly sounds like an intense show!
            sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I avoided it. I thought it would be tacky and exploitive, but what I saw was well done. The way they bring a new group in bonds them and creates peer pressure to succeed.

Comment

Hey, @jumblejim replied to me on Twitter. That's Jim Beaver who plays Bobby on "Supernatural" . I asked him for one of his lines from that day's filming and he gave me "What?"

By the way, the SGU cast is very friendly. Ming Na even followed some of us back for a while.

Comment

Very cool!

But not very informative.

So far I have managed to avoid the temptation of Twitter. And I haven't gone back on Facebook since they booted me off for not having a "real name". (They said the site was for "valid social interaction only". I had valid social interaction - with the people that knew who I was! Haha.)
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I don't use my real name on Twitter either, which means long lost friends can't find me, but my boss can't either.

Comment

That is key!
                      sigpic

Comment

I was asked again today to sign up on Facebook so that someone could friend me. (This is like the third time for this guy.) The person then got a bit put out with me when I said I really didn't want to join the current social networking thingee of the month. I really don't want to Twitter either. Gateworld, email, L J and a few (very few) others are more than enough for me.
                        "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                        it has it's own laws and beats about things
                        which the intellect scorns."
                        - Mark Twain -

Comment

Yeah, I just don't get that. Are you any less of a friend if you're not his Facebook friend as well? Guh?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
                            Yeah, I just don't get that. Are you any less of a friend if you're not his Facebook friend as well? Guh?
                            I know, right?! What's that all about?

I have trouble enough answering my email on a timely basis must less Twittering a running commentary of my life. Nope, when it come to all of this social networking I'm a technological throwback. Do not want!

Besides... you guys know too much about me already. If I tell you anything more...well....I'd have to kill you with my brain.
                            "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                            it has it's own laws and beats about things
                            which the intellect scorns."
                            - Mark Twain -

Comment

Actually, on Twitter I mostly try to get celebrities to respond to me. What can I say, except that I like validation from famous strangers.

So many friends and relatives have tried to get me to join Facebook that I feel guilty.

Comment

I agree, I refuse to join another website of the month/year. How very old fogey-ish of me

Comment

Working...
                                X