Clear All

You let her go out in this snow?

Do you have snow?
    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
    it has it's own laws and beats about things
    which the intellect scorns."
    - Mark Twain -

Comment

Nope. No snow here! We've sent it all south this winter. (We did keep the bloody cold though. Ugh.)

Are you snowed in today?
      sigpic
      Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Yeah. Well, take the snow back. I don't want any more. *stomps foot* It's Arkansas. It's in the South. We shouldn't have this much snow!

Comment

Must admit, it is kind of odd to not have snow, but that doesn't mean I want it back.

If you're tired of it, ship it all to Aintright and Cess525. They're the ones that always ask me to send it south. (Mind you, even Cess is starting to complain now!)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
            Nope. No snow here! We've sent it all south this winter. (We did keep the bloody cold though. Ugh.)

Are you snowed in today?
            Surprisingly yeah! Dallas has gotten about 4 inches which has shut the city down. I'm an old hand from the North so I grew up shoveling sidewalks and the like but this is really something for down here. People are freaked!

Originally posted by MeiMei View Post
            Yeah. Well, take the snow back. I don't want any more. *stomps foot* It's Arkansas. It's in the South. We shouldn't have this much snow!
            This is so true! This is Texas for cryin' out loud! We shouldn't have 4 inches of snow - ever!
            Last edited by Sela; 11 February 2010, 06:53 PM.
            - Mark Twain -

Comment

Must admit, it is kind of odd to not have snow, but that doesn't mean I want it back.

If you're tired of it, ship it all to Aintright and Cess525. They're the ones that always ask me to send it south. (Mind you, even Cess is starting to complain now!)
              Originally posted by Sela View Post
              This is so true! This is Texas for cryin' out loud! We shouldn't have 4 inches of snow - ever!
              I think Atlanta (Aintright) is supposed to get 2-4 inches from this latest storm that hit Dallas.
              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

*Wonders into thread*

*hears wimpy southerners complaining about a little snow*

*grins*

*Carries on while whistling*

sigpic
                Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut View Post
                  *Wonders into thread*

*hears wimpy southerners complaining about a little snow*

*grins*

*Carries on while whistling*

Whimpy?! I beg your pardon!!! I grew up in Michigan where we didn't even put on a sweater for 4 inches of snow so whimpy I'm not. One of the perks for living in Dallas is supposed to be no real snow. I don't even have a snow shovel or boots for that matter. Fortunately I do have my long wool winter coat and an adult son with me to clean off my car.
                  - Mark Twain -

Comment

Oh...I made a mistake about how much snow there was. It wasn't four inches....it was over twelve inches! Twelve!

Dallas is officially snowed in.
                    - Mark Twain -

Comment

*Having seen 60+ inches from a storm and dealt with the reality of waking up to half an inch of ice on his bedroom walls, is less than impressed*

*All the same does wish the southerners the best in dealing with their.....ordeal*
                      sigpic

Comment

Now you're just bragging.
                        sigpic

Comment

1/2 inch ice on the INSIDE of the walls?
                          It's cold here in winter when there's condensation on the windows (we have damp winters, yeuch).

Comment

Now you're just bragging.
                            It seemed called for

How are you doing these days Squee?
                            sigpic

Comment

But of course it did.

Things are good, other than feeling like I'm running a hotel at my place! The last month has been crazy with all the comings and goings.

How are things with you? How goes the thesis?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut View Post
                                *Having seen 60+ inches from a storm and dealt with the reality of waking up to half an inch of ice on his bedroom walls, is less than impressed* ...
                                Nutty forgot to mention that he lives in an igloo...but he has wifi.

I'm so glad to see so many friends here, but the place looks a bit wonky. It's kind of "Through The Looking Glass". Does anyone know how to operate these controls?
                                Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Working...
                                X