Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition: A Return to the Glory Days of Full Frontal Nudity!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime View Post
    Exactly...that was the dramatic climax of the episode for me....
    ....the moment when my stubborn unwillingness to dig myself out of that mound of Cheetos just to lean over past the stack of empty beer cans and find my remote control....
    ....was richly rewarded.

Even made me wish I had the foresight to record it. Thankfully, I own the DVD now.

That's simply not true.
    We reached across gender lines in support of our sisters as well. Why? Because we care.
    It seems to me that male nudity on television is really the least we can do for the mothers of our children.

As far as it having nothing to do with the show...it has everything to do with the show.

Maybe you don't mind being teased by the sexual metaphor of the whole gate dialing sequence in nearly every episode, but some of us are just fed up with it.

In fact, I don't intend to watch past season ten of the SG-1 series. I do this out of protest because I care.
    I might catch the movies and still watch Atlantis, but I'm definitely done with new SG-1 series episodes after this season.
    When you care about something so deeply, sometimes drastic measures are necessary.
    And I'm not the only one.
    I can't even tell you the number of people that will be making season ten of SG-1 their last new season.
    I can only assume the full frontal nudity lobby is finally picking up steam.
    No pun intended.

Now to be fair, TPTB have previously made a huge concession to the lobby.
    I know I will always be eternally grateful for all those naked aliens like the Reole and the Asgard.
    I can't put my finger on it, but there was always something missing from those characters.
    I wish I could say what exactly it is, but whatever it is, it's conspicuous by it's absence.
    It just reminds of that episode when it was promised we'd get to see Mjolnir, but instead of a hand weapon, we got some fancy-schmancy alien tech.

To this day, I still say,
    "That episode was called Thor's Hammer and we damn well deserve to see Thor's hammer."
    Mh, we still get those puddle jumpers vigourously thrusting forward into those wet rings.

Mind you, I could understand people's shocked faces if there had been a crossover between goatse and stargate.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Adria
      i have a nice body (before baby) and i dont mind being naked but not in front of a bunch of pepope that i don't know

this pic is the closest anyone will get to seeing my boobs on gw
      Spoiler:

but i honestly feel that boobs are better covered it makes guys think and want them more which is nice when you are alone with that special someone
      You'll make a perfect host!
      If only you could have a PhD in technobabble.

Howere, being as open minded as we can be, your opinion will only matter if you sign the petition!
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
        Mh, we still get those puddle jumpers vigourously thrusting forward into those wet rings.

Mind you, I could understand people's shocked faces if there had been a crossover between goatse and stargate.
        Scary thought

Edit: Reminds me of the "temple of goatse" map for quake, (goatsegate?) that would make gate travel a lot less appealing
        The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime View Post
          To this day, I still say,
          "That episode was called Thor's Hammer and we damn well deserve to see Thor's hammer."
          Damn I wish I could green you again!!

Originally posted by Adria
          i have a nice body (before baby) and i dont mind being naked but not in front of a bunch of pepope that i don't know

this pic is the closest anyone will get to seeing my boobs on gw
          But you are quite willing to share pictures of you in a bikini with several billion people on the internet that you don't know?...
          sigpic

Comment

rips up Petition

keep the boobs in there rightful places. would someone please think of the children
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              rips up Petition

keep the boobs in there rightful places. would someone please think of the children
              Pah! This whole idea came to me through the voice of a child!

One damp and gloomy day not long ago, as I walked amidst the local shops in search of some treasure or another that might take my fancy, a small homeless gutter boy approached me and tugged upon the leg of my trousers. Rather than swat him away with my walking stick, as would normally be the custom, I was instead struck by a peculiar feeling. This boy had something important to say, something profound, something I must hear, nay, that I was meant to hear.

Despite the filth of the streets I descended to bent knee, wrapping my cape around the small lad to offer him a moment's respite from the dank stench of the allys he called home.

As I reaffixed my monacle, which had carelessly fallen from place as I knelt to greet the boy, I couldn't help but notice that the lad couldn't have been more than six or seven, and yet when he spoke he spoke with such clairity of voice, of purpose, that I was powerless in his pressence. Imagine that, me, powerless in the presence of this shabby little street urchin.

"Why are there no tits in Stargate anymore Mr.?" The boy asked me.

Curling my fingers along the left side of my mustache I considered his query, briefly casting my gaze skyward in what was perhaps some unconcious appeal to a higher power for an answer.

As I returned my gaze to the fold of my cape in which the boy had been standing however, I found him gone, vanished like pipe smoke in a drafty study.

More beffuddled now than ever I removed my gentelman's cap and glanced around inquisitively but not trace of the boy could be found.

It wasn't until then that the gravity of the boy's inquiriy really struck home with me. It was not so much a question I then realised, but a statement of frustration, of anger from which ever mysterious agency had crossed that Urchin's path with mine that day. It was a cry for change, a plea that something be done to rectify this injustice, and for whatever reason the powers in play had chosen me to be their instrament.

I came here to this fine internetwork that very day and began my petition. Whatever we accomplish here in the mortal plane, know all that there are higher forces working in support of us as well, of that I am more certain than ever now.

We will, no, we MUST, prevail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post

We will, no, we MUST, prevail.
                Well no one can deny you're dedicated
                You can never really know some completely. That's why it's the most terrifying thing in the world, really - taking someone on faith, hoping they'll take you on faith too. It's such a precarious balance, it's a wonder we do it at all. And yet...
                -Libba Bray

Comment

We're all dedicated. Dedicated to make a difference. Dedicated to right the wrongs of this world. We will do what must be done to bring dignity and class to Stargate!

And that story of Ouroboros... It was incredibly moving. I cried three times. Nothing would make me happier to give that street urchin something to live for. All young boys need boobies.

Comment

Originally posted by cowpants View Post
                    We're all dedicated. Dedicated to make a difference. Dedicated to right the wrongs of this world. We will do what must be done to bring dignity and class to Stargate!

And that story of Ouroboros... It was incredibly moving. I cried three times. Nothing would make me happier to give that street urchin something to live for. All young boys need boobies.
                    I kinda feel bad for you guys - well guys in general
                    You can never really know some completely. That's why it's the most terrifying thing in the world, really - taking someone on faith, hoping they'll take you on faith too. It's such a precarious balance, it's a wonder we do it at all. And yet...
                    -Libba Bray

Comment

Originally posted by Louis_Vuitton View Post
                      I kinda feel bad for you guys - well guys in general
                      And, of course, we applaud your compassion.

I personally grew up in an area of the world in which boobies were constantly covered.

Personally I think it all comes down to intolerance...perhaps even lactose intolerance.

Comment

^ lol.

Personally as an owner of boobies I think it is best if they are covered except for special occasions
                        -Libba Bray

Comment

Personally as an owner of boobies I think it is best if they are covered except for special occasions
                          Special occasions? You mean like stepping out of your home?

Or is that only a special occasion for men who like to spend hours online talking about boobies on television?

"The sun...so bright! The light...it stings! Oh, no...there's a real live woman coming down the street! Don't make eye contact! Must scamper back into the safety of my curtain-drawn home."
                          Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 21 March 2007, 08:56 PM.

Comment

^ Erm neither of those times really..sorry...
                            -Libba Bray

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                              [eloquent post of infinite wisdom and profound lyricism removed for brevity's sake]
                              There is simply not enough green... not in the whole world!
                              sigpic

Comment

^ lol.

There was a time when Stargate was special.

Comment

Working...
                                X