Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woohood! Congrats Jenn

And Jann - your accent is coooooool!!! Who's nex?

*is wondering whether to record something right now...Bekki's accent is very Australian this morning *
    sigpic

Comment

Woohoo Jenn, Congrats!

Thanks Bekki and Jos...I just listened to the vid/sound myself..erm...I'm really tired there lol!! and monotone...very, very, very monotone...(aka boring) (that's what you get if you live on 4 hours of sleep everynight lately! )
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater88 View Post
        Well that goes for sign language as well anyway. If the person was blind as well as deaf then they would not be able to understand either a handwritten sentence or a physical sign - unless there was some form of physical contact involved but I would imagine that would get very confusing and a little uncomfortable for many people

I think there should be a universal language (probably only because I now hav to learn Dutch and I'm not good at languages at all ) but I just don't see how it could be made to work. Unless we had some sort of "Matrix" system where yu could imply download the language into your brain... but then that would also defeat the point as you could also download all existing languages into your brain... hmmm
        we need to develop telepathy....though if anybody goes around wanting to form a PsiCorps we should tell them to shut the heck up....

don't need no jack-booted Al Besters running around....

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferjf View Post
          totally ot, so i figured i'd post it here first. Looks like i got the job i interviewed for on wed. Going to meet with her to go over details next week, but woohoo!

:d

wanted to share since several of you wished me luck
          congrats!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
            Totally OT, so I figured I'd post it here first. Looks like I got the job I interviewed for on Wed. Going to meet with her to go over details next week, but woohoo!

Wanted to share since several of you wished me luck
            Congratulations Jennifer! That is so awesome!

I'm very excited about tomorrow! I have a reunion with the women I went on retreat with last month and I am so looking forward to it. It's was just one of those awesome experiences that you want to prolong the feeling, hence the idea of the reunion. I don't know how to explain it! I'm just happy about seeing everyone again!
            sigpic
            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

HI EVERYBODY!!!!

How is everyone? Im still over in ??, and finally got more than 5 minutes on here.

Sign Language: I learnt the whole song of "Love is All Around" by Wet Wet Wet when i was 10, but Ive since forgotten most of it. Doesnt stop me from doing trying to do it when I hear it on the radio...

Thankyou to Jann who made my signature

Comment

Argh! I was having a really good morning, I'd done loads of school work and then I went to go to cheerleading training and I coudn't find my purse. so now it looks like I'll have to cancel all my cards and replace them
                sorry I had to moan to someone and my housemates are either out or not that interested
                sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Going oversease in 21 hours!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Edit: We're almost at three hundred pages! I'm expecting a party...maybe we'll try the Vodka mudslides this time...
                  sigpic

Comment

So sorry to hear that Aveo Amacus! That is such a pain to have to go through!

About remember sign language from childhood...well this isn't really about sign language-lol! I had a hula dancing class while in 5th grade and I learned 2 dances which I still remember! Tiny Bubbles and Little Grass Shack. My children die of laughter when I perform!

This is from my blog:
                    My teen took Driver's Education this summer and she is now trying to put into practice what she learned in the classroom. This is very hard on my already frazzled nerves. I am so nervous in the car already-we have a lot of really bad drivers down here. All I need is to worry about what is going on in my own vehicle!

I finally decided if she is going be able to pass her driving test, she really needs to practice. And boy does she need to practice! I have been able to yank her out of bed in the mornings by tempting her with the proposal of driving to church. Daily mass is very early, so there aren't many cars on the road and we both feel more comfortable.

Yesterday though the truck died at the light and my teen panicked. Cars behind us were honking and that in itself will make a person tense. She kept trying to start the truck while it was in drive. When I told her to put it in park, she did that and then put it back in drive to try and restart it. She kept telling me it wouldn't work, so we switched place. At this point I was thinking I had lost the transmission, but she just wasn't leaving the truck in park. That was a relief.

This morning I let her drive to school from the grocery store. She had to back out of the parking space, but didn't realize she had to turn the wheel while doing it. Thank goodness I parked far away from other cars!
                    sigpic
                    Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Thanks Amy

I think my mum felt like that when I learnt to drive
                      She definitely does now my brother is learning! but then in his defense we don't have anything like Driver's Ed here, you have to have passed your theory test before you take your practical test but you can be learning before you pass - so it was convenient that as soon as my brother turned 17 (driving age in UK) I moved to uni
                      sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

*hugs for Aveo*

*wooohoo for Bekki*

*hugs Amy*

You drive next to your daughter when she doesn't has her licence...no instructor? Wow, that's really different...I think if I would have gotten lessons from my mom, she or I would have freaked out after the first corner...My mom can't drive...(IMHO)
                        Dad on the other hand...that would have been fun...but good to learn....that's a question...

I already explained earlier this summer how you get the licence in here...and I'm so happy with it*huggles it*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          *hugs for Aveo*

*wooohoo for Bekki*

*hugs Amy*
                          From me too!
                          I was going to say it myself, but Jann said it all so eloquently I figured I may as well just quote
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                            Argh! I was having a really good morning, I'd done loads of school work and then I went to go to cheerleading training and I coudn't find my purse. so now it looks like I'll have to cancel all my cards and replace them
                            sorry I had to moan to someone and my housemates are either out or not that interested
                            ((((((((((aveo)))))))))))))

been there done that....with my wallet though...us guys don't do purses....

Comment

Ahhh i just fell in love with another band.. what am i going to do with this obsession i have with great music?!
                              Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                              Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Just had to post this...

A few years ago I bought(well actually got) a pair of jeans from my parents...very expensive ones(from Diesel) and I loved them!! They were awesome...but they were always...tight...so approximately...2 years ago I stopped wearing them...coz I was afraid that they wouldn't fit me anymore(that I was too fat)...
                                Today I found the pair of jeans back in my closet I thought what the heck...I'll try them on...and guess what..they fit perfectly Yay...This makes me very happy, coz I still love these jeans
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X