Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
    Yes!! And my favorite driver Matt Kenseth made the chase for the race! Yay!

I finally saw the clip of your game Seahen. ((((Seahen)))) I totally agree with your feelings on the subject. Even my hubby agrees!

Okay, we've made emergency evacuation plans for Hurricane Ike. I can't believe this! This will kill me if it comes our way!
    Yeah. I think 99% of football fans agree it's a crappy call. I really couldn't see him throw the ball from where I was. Besides, I was excessively celebrating myself. The refs followed the letter of the law, but not the spirit/intent of the law. And so doing, changed the outcome of the game. The *******s. The sad thing was, our team has been very bad the last few years, and they finally stick with a top 20 team, they don't collapse during the 4th quarter like they normally do, and have a real chance to come from behind and win. And the frelling refs had to go pull that crap. And now, we get to face #3 Oklahoma. Joy. Oh and three, here we come!

EDIT: Oh and stay safe! We'll be thinking of ya!

Comment

Hey! What's wrong with Oklahoma??? Just kidding...Are you talking football? College football? Which OK team? OU or OSU? Because my school (OPSU) team sucks. I don't think we've won 5 games in the past 2 seasons. ANd we've got TONS of players!!! But some of the better ones can't play because of acedemics...
      sigpic
      Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
        Hey! What's wrong with Oklahoma??? Just kidding...Are you talking football? College football? Which OK team? OU or OSU? Because my school (OPSU) team sucks. I don't think we've won 5 games in the past 2 seasons. ANd we've got TONS of players!!! But some of the better ones can't play because of acedemics...
        OU. What's wrong with Oklahoma is that they are currently ranked #3 in the nation, and I bet were probably around 3rd to last (out of 120 teams or so). So, it's nothing really to do with OU. I just don't think we need to schedule power house schools for a non-conference game when our team is struggling. I hate games where I have absolutely no expectation to win. I'm just very disappointed with my team. Washington has a very long tradition of winning. Until the last few years, our last losing season was in 1976 when I was two years old. We had 28 straight years of winning seasons, until our stupid coach got himself fired because he didn't understand that rules applied to him. Now we've had 5 straight non-winning seasons, are headed for a 6th, and things aren't looking like they will improve. And we're only two games into the season. And the stupid refs had to make to make the stupidest call in college football history, keeping us from tying the game, and going into overtime. But I'm not bitter. I'm just really tired of losing.

Oh well, at least I will always have the memory of going to the Orange Bowl in 1985 and beating OU.

Comment

Well, Washington is probably doing better than our team. I don't think we've won more than 20 games in as many years. But I'm not sure...I've only been here 2 1/4 semesters...But I don't know anyone that remembers a winning season...
          sigpic

Comment

Well, Washington is probably doing better than our team. I don't think we've won more than 20 games in as many years. But I'm not sure...I've only been here 2 1/4 semesters...But I don't know anyone that remembers a winning season...
            OPSU is not in a BCS conference or even a division one team so that's a little like comparing apples to oranges.

Comment

I don't even think my school has a football team. Though we just became a 4-year university. (Before they only had Junior and Senior years at our school). We're branching out...we do have soccer and baseball/softball teams, though.

I think they just started their sports program the Spring before last. That's okay, though...I'm used to going to schools that have not so great football teams!

RHS! GOOOOO EAGLES!

Comment

ugh - now I have Orange Bowl March stuck in my head

I hate that song...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                  ugh - now I have Orange Bowl March stuck in my head

I hate that song...
                  There's an Orange Bowl March?

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                    OPSU is not in a BCS conference or even a division one team so that's a little like comparing apples to oranges.
                    Yeah...You're talking to someone that only likes watching football if I'm at the game. Otherwise, I know nothing about it, lol. My friend has to explain things to me. I just know we have a team and they suck. But I do know they play other colleges. And we almost always loose to them.
                    Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                    I don't even think my school has a football team. Though we just became a 4-year university. (Before they only had Junior and Senior years at our school). We're branching out...we do have soccer and baseball/softball teams, though.

I think they just started their sports program the Spring before last. That's okay, though...I'm used to going to schools that have not so great football teams!

RHS! GOOOOO EAGLES!
                    My high school had soccer, lax, and basketball for boys and soccer, basketball, and volleyball for girls. I'm not really a sports person.

Now baseball...Baseball is a great sport!! That's what we watch in my house. If the Braves are playing on a channel we get, that's what's going to be on the screen. We'll literally drop everything possible in order to watch a game. Especially if they're playing the Nats or Marlins. But if you talk to other people from the DC area, I love the Nats. (They don't like people from DC that don't love the DC team. Which I don't. Unless talking to others from DC. Then I love them, lol!) And we don't like Marlins for the sole reason that my cousins do, lol! We also like the Os, but that's because they used to be the "DC" team, even though it was a different league.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah...You're talking to someone that only likes watching football if I'm at the game. Otherwise, I know nothing about it, lol. My friend has to explain things to me. I just know we have a team and they suck. But I do know they play other colleges. And we almost always loose to them.

My high school had soccer, lax, and basketball for boys and soccer, basketball, and volleyball for girls. I'm not really a sports person.

Now baseball...Baseball is a great sport!! That's what we watch in my house. If the Braves are playing on a channel we get, that's what's going to be on the screen. We'll literally drop everything possible in order to watch a game. Especially if they're playing the Nats or Marlins. But if you talk to other people from the DC area, I love the Nats. (They don't like people from DC that don't love the DC team. Which I don't. Unless talking to others from DC. Then I love them, lol!) And we don't like Marlins for the sole reason that my cousins do, lol! We also like the Os, but that's because they used to be the "DC" team, even though it was a different league.

Yeah...I don't like really...any sports. I feel sorry for anyone who dates/marries me...because I just...don't like them. I'd rather watch a great movie or read a wonderful book. Or hang out with friends.

However, when the Olympics are on...I am all for sports. That is the only time...

Comment

Yeah...I don't like really...any sports. I feel sorry for anyone who dates/marries me...because I just...don't like them. I'd rather watch a great movie or read a wonderful book. Or hang out with friends.

However, when the Olympics are on...I am all for sports. That is the only time...
                        Yeah...I love watching movies/tv, reading books, hanging out...And the Braves. And from Olympics...Gymnastics and iceskating are about all I watch for. I don't mind some of the other stuff, but that's all I care about.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah...I love watching movies/tv, reading books, hanging out...And the Braves. And from Olympics...Gymnastics and iceskating are about all I watch for. I don't mind some of the other stuff, but that's all I care about.
                          I LOVE gymnastics and ice skating, they are my favorites. I also enjoy swimming. And Michael Phelps.

Comment

I love college football. My dad grew up loving the Huskies so he passed that on to me and my sister. That said, it wasn't until about high school that I really started to pay attention and understand the game. When I was at the UW, I was in the marching band. We were part of the athletic department, not the music department, so most of us that were in it were there because we loved the Huskies, not some misguided idea that the fans in the stands were really there to see us march (while the fans loved us and all, we knew football came first). We never felt better than when our support of the team helped to turn the tide of a game. Heck, a few years before I got there, the Band was voted Most Valuable Player by the team for one of their greatest wins! (31-0 over USC). So needless to say, I bleed purple and gold.

Comment

RHS! GOOOOO EAGLES!
                              No school I ever go to wins. Well, we did get to playoffs in HS I think, but we weren't that good. As far as college football, my family bleeds burnt orange.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                                No school I ever go to wins. Well, we did get to playoffs in HS I think, but we weren't that good. As far as college football, my family bleeds burnt orange.
                                Oh...I know. I am even thinking about getting my next car in burnt orange, you know...to represent.

The other day at work we were talking about the Christmas party and we do the whole gift exchange thing, where you set the gifts in the middle and you draw numbers and such. I said "Someone is so getting a UT(insert my UT branch here) mug..." Brandie said: "I hope it's not Trey." (Trey is my boss...he bleeds maroon...(eww)) I secretly hope it IS him.

Comment

Working...
                                X