No announcement yet.

Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That stinks, roque! I hope they're able to take care of it for you. It's odd that yours was the only car that was ticketed (putting aside that you had the permit, of course lol).

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
      That stinks, roque! I hope they're able to take care of it for you. It's odd that yours was the only car that was ticketed (putting aside that you had the permit, of course lol).
      Don't I know it! Apparently a lot of visiting staff from other stores have had tickets too. I think the warden is bored and targeting cars he/she doesn't recognise.
      sigpic
      Sig made by Nola
      Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

That could be. Sounds like the same concept as a speed trap

Today, I'm being...motivated...for once lol. I have a stack of boxes in the hallway that have been sitting there for over a year, since we moved in. They all need to be gone through, but I'm always either too tired, or my mom is home, or...something else distracts me. (I'm trying not to let that happen today lol) I've already gone through a few of them, and put some stuff aside to go to Goodwill. I'm kind of weird, in that I don't like to do any kind of cleaning thing when my mom is home. Don't ask me why, I've been like this for a very long time. I guess part of it is being self-conscious, and part of it is being "afraid" that I'm going to be nitpicked on how I do things. (That last, and maybe even the first, probably comes from having taught myself how to do a lot of household things, and being afraid that I don't do them "right".)

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
          Having a little bit of a rant.

Went to another store today (and yesterday) to help out for opening on Monday. The people were lovely, a lot nicer than the last store I went to - they barely said two words - the lovely ladies at this store never shut up and took me with them for breakfast and lunch.

Everything was great. Nice store. Lovely staff. Lovely weather outside.

I finish my shift and go to collect my car from the underground car park, which I had a permit for and it was clearly displayed on my dashboard for all to see. I was parked with I don't know how many other cars in the staff area. And get I GOT A PARKING TICKET. And I was the only one to do so.

They actually placed the parking ticket directly above my parking permit. There was no way they could have missed it.

So when I got back to my store to swipe out for the day, I found my manager - the angel that she is - got the duty manager involved. I have to take my parking ticket with me to work tomorrow and my personnel manager will call the other store and deal with it.

The instructions were clear. Park in the underground car park. Check. Park in the far corner with the green bollards. Check. Display parking permit clearly on the dashboard. Check.

I placed the permit in front of the steering wheel, far enough up so that it wouldn't slip. I parked in the exact same spot as yesterday, and placed the permit in the exact same spot.

Argh.
          *huggles*

Some people... If it helps, my cousin is having trouble at work too. He's found out that his employer (it's a small business, nothing on a chain) has been cheating him out of £700+ every month he's worked. He's talked to my aunt and my mum and they seem to think that he's been laundering money. Because every other person that's working for him has had the same treatment - a bit of money here and there, and never much at all. So, my mum's paying for a family meal out tomorrow evening. So much has gone on recently that we don't see each other much - that and my mum has eight siblings (all still alive), they all have a spouse each, most have at least one child and some of them even have grandchildren.
          Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
          My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
            Today, I'm being...motivated...for once lol. I have a stack of boxes in the hallway that have been sitting there for over a year, since we moved in. They all need to be gone through, but I'm always either too tired, or my mom is home, or...something else distracts me. (I'm trying not to let that happen today lol) I've already gone through a few of them, and put some stuff aside to go to Goodwill. I'm kind of weird, in that I don't like to do any kind of cleaning thing when my mom is home. Don't ask me why, I've been like this for a very long time. I guess part of it is being self-conscious, and part of it is being "afraid" that I'm going to be nitpicked on how I do things. (That last, and maybe even the first, probably comes from having taught myself how to do a lot of household things, and being afraid that I don't do them "right".)
            Gah, just started a house-wide clear out here a few weeks ago (blame my sister, she started it). And we only finished at the beginning of this week. Don't worry about doing things right - you can't really do things all that wrong in household activities. As long as you're not causing explosions, and the method's actually working, then you're obviously doing something right. No?

Comment

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
              *huggles*

Some people... If it helps, my cousin is having trouble at work too. He's found out that his employer (it's a small business, nothing on a chain) has been cheating him out of £700+ every month he's worked. He's talked to my aunt and my mum and they seem to think that he's been laundering money. Because every other person that's working for him has had the same treatment - a bit of money here and there, and never much at all. So, my mum's paying for a family meal out tomorrow evening. So much has gone on recently that we don't see each other much - that and my mum has eight siblings (all still alive), they all have a spouse each, most have at least one child and some of them even have grandchildren.
              Wow! Hope your cousin can get out of that job!
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I am sooo bored. It's painful. I wonder if my brain might actually shut down from excessive boredom.
                The password is fishing...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                  I am sooo bored. It's painful. I wonder if my brain might actually shut down from excessive boredom.
                  Does it help when I tell you that I'm bored, too? I've sprained my ankle a week ago, and I can't do much but sit around. I can't go to work, I need someone to drive me around and I feel so useless. I'm not in the mood for reading or watching something, I'd like to go for a walk. It's so annoying.
                  sigpic

Comment

Any of you watched The Pretender? I loved it! I just heard the creators are going to give the fans answers and closure through novels. Finally! (Though a third movie would be even better! )
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                      Any of you watched The Pretender? I loved it! I just heard the creators are going to give the fans answers and closure through novels. Finally! (Though a third movie would be even better! )
                      Really? That's awesome!
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                        Really? That's awesome!
                        Yup!

http://voice.fan.tv/2013/07/19/exclu...-w-van-sickle/
                        sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Thanks. The novels sound great, not a big fan of any possible graphic novels and I'm not sure there will ever be any mini-series/movies because of the (original) actors and the way the creators mentioned those [movies] will possibly come out in the future... meaning it would take a couple of more years from now.

But there are definitely some interesting tidbits they mentioned in the interview and I'll be looking forward to the fall!
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

"We know Jarod/Miss Parker shared their first kiss, but what happened before, what happened after, we're going to explore that"

sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                              I'd dress up as a clown but I'm too warm. :/ If you lived near, you could visit and watch a film with me - I'm even going out to a Cantonese restaurant later. At the minute, I'm watching Harry Potter and The Philosopher's (Sorcerer's, if you like) Stone, skulking around here and looking for a snack in the cupboards.

Comment

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
                                I'd dress up as a clown but I'm too warm. :/ If you lived near, you could visit and watch a film with me - I'm even going out to a Cantonese restaurant later. At the minute, I'm watching Harry Potter and The Philosopher's (Sorcerer's, if you like) Stone, skulking around here and looking for a snack in the cupboards.
                                It's freezing here.

Cantonese? Fancy. I have never been to one.

Ahh, it wasn't too bad a day. I finally finished Portal 2. Excellent game.
                                The password is fishing...

Comment

Working...
                                X