Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
    Thanks guys. Means a lot.

Went to Taekwondo last night. Was so nervous about starting a new class on my own where I didn't know anybody. When I started it in the UK my friend Dave was with me.

But I really enjoyed it and everyone was really nice. They were so supportive and patient and encouraging. I can't wait to go again next week.

A family with young children have just arrived for 10 days and are living in the house above us. Really wasn't expecting a wake up call of stampeding children at 6am this morning. I get their jetlagged but 6am, when they know people live below them?

Michelle went up to talk to them at about 8 and they weren't going to stop the kids, the continued on for about another hour. They've since went out and come back. Contestant banging and shouting and stamping. So Michelle started slamming cupboard doors before storming out to get a coffee and go to the park.

I'm having my bowl of fruit before I join her. Might Skype the parents too.

Joys.
    *squishy huggles and makes roque some brownies*

Comment

I was kind of bored earlier, simply because yesterday I had decided I would spend a few hours in my hammock this afternoon but I couldn't because it was raining. So, instead, I did some chores around the house and while the raining has stopped it's still overcast outside. I just did some yoga/pilates exercises and now it's too hot; I wish it was raining again

Or, you know, the clouds would disappear and the sun starts shining again, because I'm not going outside when the tiles are still wet and stuff.

Maybe I can do some writing!
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Roque, I lived abroad in two different countries for 4 years in total and it looks like I'll be heading out to Canada for work in Jan for probably a 4 year run. Each time I go I feel like I was absolutely nuts to do it and wanted to go home but now I am so glad I went, best years of my life. It really is a matter of giving yourself time and getting involved in things to make sure you met as many people as possible. Also I don't know what your country of origin is but ask your parents to send you your favorite junk food. Every country seems to have slightly different tastes on chocolate etc and believe me when I say getting a package of the good stuff from home is the best thing ever! Tayto crisps from Ireland every couple of weeks had my postman driven mad as they wouldn't fit in the door and a friend of mine in Japan has converted her town on this bright orange Scottish drink to the point where she had to ship in a big crate for the end of school party. Going to your Taekwondo sounds like a great start- remeber just give yourself time- best of luck with it all

Comment

Originally posted by cyced View Post
          a friend of mine in Japan has converted her town on this bright orange Scottish drink to the point where she had to ship in a big crate for the end of school party.
          Irn Bru! Wonderful stuff!

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Yes, care packages from home are a must! Its the little things that make a difference. I really miss bread from home. Its not much but any of the bread I get elsewhere just doesn't taste quite the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
              Yes, care packages from home are a must! Its the little things that make a difference. I really miss bread from home. Its not much but any of the bread I get elsewhere just doesn't taste quite the same.
              make it yerself then ya lazy bum....j/k

Comment

I know this is going to sound nuts, but frequently...it's the water. The water you're used to will impact the flavor of the bread. We actually get that a lot down here with our New Jersey transplants. Everything else can be the same (down to the brand of flour) but the water can't be helped. And, voila, different tasting bread.
                Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
                  Too tired to work the multi quote thingy.

Basically, I'm now in Toronto on my one year working holiday visa. I came here with a friend. Fine, right?

Wrong!
                  Spoiler:

Today she came into my room and basically said that after this month in the apartment is up she can't live with me anymore.

Her reasons? I've never lived away from home before. (She knew this and encouraged me to move to Canada to better my life).

I "can't cook". (I CAN cook. Certain things. Just not things she can eat for her crazy diet. So I'll cook for myself. Problem solved. She mainly eats salad anyway).

She "doesn't want to/can't look after me all the time". Never have I ONCE asked her or needed her to look after me. I'm 26 FCOL. I can look after myself. I'm not stupid.

So now instead of looking for somewhere for both of us to live, I'm just looking for myself. It should be easier. It's really not.

Until I know roughly where I'm going to live I can't really apply for jobs.

Best part is... we've been in Canada for under 3 weeks. And she's made 3 meals for me. Mainly because she made too much.

So now I feel useless and unwanted. Yay.
                  That's basically ridiculous. *sigh* I'm sorry, hon.
                  I agree with the others: it's her problem, not yours. Don't let it get you down.

...oh! And I still owe you Milky Way Dark. PM me an address when everything is settled and I can still mail it!
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                    I know this is going to sound nuts, but frequently...it's the water. The water you're used to will impact the flavor of the bread. We actually get that a lot down here with our New Jersey transplants. Everything else can be the same (down to the brand of flour) but the water can't be helped. And, voila, different tasting bread.
                    I can believe it; I can taste the difference in water from my house compared to uni/hospital/work, which are all in the same city and within a few miles' radius. There's a bigger difference between my water and that at my mother's, who lives in a different province but that's probably down to water hardness; mine's average, hers is very soft.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

***DESPERATELY SEEKING LOST NOMINEES***

Hello folks! As part of the awards nomination process we've found a bunch of older works are still HUGE fan favorites! To that end, we're desperately seeking some nominees that have slipped off the map. Do you know any of these people and how we might get a hold of them? We're active on most social media platforms between the awards themselves or the committee members.

Please help us find the following (new this post in green):

WRITERS
                      • AerynSG1 - We've attempted to contact through: none
                      • Aussie73 - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
                      • Carhop - We've attempted to contact through: Heliopolis
                      • CooperTrooperSG1 - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
                      • Eve8 - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
                      • Goddess Andraste - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net; Twitter
                      • jadedfirefly - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net, facebook
                      • Kate McCaye - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
                      • lesleyp - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net, twitter
                      • Mabyn - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
                      • ParadoxR- We've attempted to contact through: AO3
                      • Rocza - We've attempted to contact through: Facebook
                      • Sharim - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
                      • Surrealis - We've attempted to contact through: Livejournal
                      • Suz - We've attempted to contact through: unverified email
                      • Telkena - We've attempted to contact through: samandjack.net
                      • veep - We've attempted to contact through: fanfiction.net

VIDDERS
                      • AnnaGuiliaFiction - We've attempted to contact through: YouTube
                      • coeursrebelles - We've attempted to contact through: YouTube
                      • DoubleTreble1518 - We've attempted to contact through: Youtube

ARTISTS
                      • dannii/andyflynns - We've attempted to contact through: Tumblr, Twitter
                      • Isalleen - We've attempted to contact through: DeviantArt
                      • Lauren / samanthasong - We've attempted to contact through: Tumblr
                      • Natasha - We've attempted to contact through: LiveJournal

Any leads would be much appreciated. Thank you!
                      Last edited by Amara D'Angeli; 11 June 2014, 11:28 AM.
                      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                        I get filtered, bottled water delivered every month. The tap water doesn't taste very good, so I decided to get the bottled water. Interestingly, my cat would never drink the water I put in her bowl from the tap. However, she happily drinks the water coming from the bottled water I get.

Comment

For anyone going to Chicago Comic Con in August...a friend of mine is an artist who will be there with sketches, and doing autographs. He's got one comic book out, and more coming. So excited for him! So, check out James Francis!

Comment

I'm heading north soon to go to my oldest nephew's high school graduation. How can he be that old already?
                            One thing I think is cool is he's graduating in the same auditorium my sister and I both graduated at! Just have to make it through seeing my sister, and I'll be golden

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
                              I'm heading north soon to go to my oldest nephew's high school graduation. How can he be that old already?
                              One thing I think is cool is he's graduating in the same auditorium my sister and I both graduated at! Just have to make it through seeing my sister, and I'll be golden
                              Good luck! I hope it works out well for you.

My two brothers haven't spoken to each other in over a year. They both came over for a BBQ today and couldn't even remember why they were so mad at each other to begin with. It was a great afternoon. Gives me a lot of hope for the future.

Comment

That's good news!
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X