No announcement yet.

Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made it to the baseball game. I stayed in the bathroom for a while. Nothing happened and I ended up going back to bed.

I think it was heat stroke. A few people I've spoken to since said they were ill that night too. After a few solid hours sleep and A LOT of water, I felt almost normal. So I went to the game. Thankfully we were in the shade for most of it. And I've made sure to cover up a lot more since then.
    sigpic
    Sig made by Nola
    Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
      I made it to the baseball game. I stayed in the bathroom for a while. Nothing happened and I ended up going back to bed.

I think it was heat stroke. A few people I've spoken to since said they were ill that night too. After a few solid hours sleep and A LOT of water, I felt almost normal. So I went to the game. Thankfully we were in the shade for most of it. And I've made sure to cover up a lot more since then.
      Glad you're better!
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Why is it that when things seem to be going great it all just falls and shatters around you?

Such a bad day.
        sigpic
        Sig made by Nola

Comment

What's wrong, roque?
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Why is it that when things seem to be going great it all just falls and shatters around you?
            I don't know. But if you find the answer, can you tell me?

I'm swaying from elated to devastated and it's exhausting. Emotions are stupid.

Comment

Such a bad day.
              Must be something in the air cuz my entire week has sucked. Today started great and like you said it all just went to hell!

I won't even elaborate. All I really want to do right now is crawl inside the bottle of wine that is in my kitchen, put on some really loud music, and eat cake. Since I can't turn on the music because the kids are in bed and it's almost midnight, I guess I'll just have to settle for wine and cake! (Insert expletive of choice, grab a glass and a fork and pull up a seat roque, I'll totally share!!! )
              sigpic

----------
              FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
                I don't know. But if you find the answer, can you tell me?

I'm swaying from elated to devastated and it's exhausting. Emotions are stupid.
                I've lost count of the number of times I've burst into tears this week!
                Last edited by IamDKScully; 05 June 2014, 08:02 PM. Reason: bad grammar!
                sigpic

----------
                FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

*offers stress-relieving neck and shoulder massages for everyone* sorry everyone's been having a rough week

Comment

Emotions are dumb. But cake isn't. Cake understands.

Excuse me... *wanders to have a deep and meaningful with some cake*

Comment

Too tired to work the multi quote thingy.

Basically, I'm now in Toronto on my one year working holiday visa. I came here with a friend. Fine, right?

Wrong!

Today she came into my room and basically said that after this month in the apartment is up she can't live with me anymore.

Her reasons? I've never lived away from home before. (She knew this and encouraged me to move to Canada to better my life).

I "can't cook". (I CAN cook. Certain things. Just not things she can eat for her crazy diet. So I'll cook for myself. Problem solved. She mainly eats salad anyway).

She "doesn't want to/can't look after me all the time". Never have I ONCE asked her or needed her to look after me. I'm 26 FCOL. I can look after myself. I'm not stupid.

So now instead of looking for somewhere for both of us to live, I'm just looking for myself. It should be easier. It's really not.

Until I know roughly where I'm going to live I can't really apply for jobs.

Best part is... we've been in Canada for under 3 weeks. And she's made 3 meals for me. Mainly because she made too much.

So now I feel useless and unwanted. Yay.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by Nola

Comment

When I was 21, I decided one night to move approx. 500 miles away from home. I moved with a friend from college who was moving to go to law school. I had no plans for after graduation, so I moved so that she could have a roommate. I got a job waiting tables. I didn't have a car and had to rely on her a lot until I knew my way around and made some friends. She tried to include me with her new friends, but they really kind of looked down on me because I wasn't in graduate school. So, I made friends of my own. Keri and I shared an apartment for the rest of that first year but our friendship had pretty much burned out after just a few months and I haven't seen or heard from her since the day she and I moved out. But, I really learned to rely on myself, which was a very good thing.

You have a great opportunity right now, in a great city, to do basically whatever you want. Don't let her ruin it for you!

Being alone and away from everyone who loves you sucks! Even though I had friends when I lived in Virginia, I was still so far away from everyone I loved that some days were really hard to get through. I'm not trying to say its going to be easy but I hope it gets easier.

I love Toronto It's been a very long time since I've been there, but I have great memories from each and every trip! (If you ever need anything, I'm only 5 hours away and I LOVE a good road trip )

--pep talk over--
                        sigpic

----------
                        FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

roque, it sounds like she may be projecting her own insecurities on you. Regardless, she's full of nonsense.

I hope things work out for you!

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

amazing how people you once thought of as friends can turn on you without rhyme or reason

but everything will work out

Comment

Thanks guys. Means a lot.

Went to Taekwondo last night. Was so nervous about starting a new class on my own where I didn't know anybody. When I started it in the UK my friend Dave was with me.

But I really enjoyed it and everyone was really nice. They were so supportive and patient and encouraging. I can't wait to go again next week.

A family with young children have just arrived for 10 days and are living in the house above us. Really wasn't expecting a wake up call of stampeding children at 6am this morning. I get their jetlagged but 6am, when they know people live below them?

Michelle went up to talk to them at about 8 and they weren't going to stop the kids, the continued on for about another hour. They've since went out and come back. Contestant banging and shouting and stamping. So Michelle started slamming cupboard doors before storming out to get a coffee and go to the park.

I'm having my bowl of fruit before I join her. Might Skype the parents too.

Joys.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by Nola

Comment

Settling in is difficult even when you're surrounded by the familiar. Here's to hoping all the big bumps occur in this first month so that when you step out in to this new adventure on your own during month 2 that things click along smoothly for you. Personally, exploring a new country on my own terms sounds exhilarating. I'm sorry things didn't work out with you friend, but there's a whole world of opportunities and options out there now that you only need to be concerned with yourself! Here's to freedom! (I'd raise champaign but it's still a touch early and I'm still sipping coffee. )
                                Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X