This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round Fourteen Is Officially Over!!

Bethlehem's Clear Midnight doesn't seem to be a spot were GWers want to spend their Christmas.

The Goners:

It Came Upon the Midnight Clear 11
    O Little Town of Bethlehem 9

And the round 's "christmas.carol del serene" ended like this!

Spoiler:
    It Came Upon the Midnight Clear 11
    O Little Town of Bethlehem 9
    Joy to the World 8
    Gloria in Excelsis Deo 7
    Silent Night 7
    The First Noel 7
    Handel’s Messiah 6
    White Christmas 6
    Hark! The Herald Angels Sing 3
    O Holy Night 3
    O Come All Ye Faithful 2

***NOTE TO ALL -- VOTE CHANGE!!!! ONLY FIVE NOW!!!!!!!!!

We are now under THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS RULE!!

to get to know how everyone celebrates a little bit better I will add a bonus question to each round -- so share your answer when you vote if you like!!

Day Three-- with all the great Christmas Books out there -- what is you favorite Christmas story?? *other than the original of course!!!*

So off to round FIFTEEN!!!! All Remaining Christmas Diddies!

thanks to all posting in alphabetical order!! and to those posting links so we know the songs to choose!!
    46-43! and 45-44! and 49-22-11!!
    sigpic
    Ain't it good to know you've got a friend. ~ Carole King

Comment

Round Fifteen

Gloria in Excelsis Deo
      Handel's Messiah
      Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
      Joy to the World
      Silent Night

NNOOOOO!! That MEAN, NASTY, CRUEL, HEARTLESS, GOOD-FOR-NOTHING BEAR!!! He MADE me vote for Gloria in Excelsis Deo!! *sniffle* *hick* *blowsnose* I'm.. I'm sorry, Ed. I just can't do it... next time... I don't think I'll be able to not vote for White Christmas.... I'm sowwy! Pwweasse have mewcy on me, Edy! Edgaw! Eddie-beaw! I'm just... not... stronge enough...
      Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
        NNOOOOO!! That MEAN, NASTY, CRUEL, HEARTLESS, GOOD-FOR-NOTHING BEAR!!! He MADE me vote for Gloria in Excelsis Deo!! *sniffle* *hick* *blowsnose* I'm.. I'm sorry, Ed. I just can't do it... next time... I don't think I'll be able to not vote for White Christmas.... I'm sowwy! Pwweasse have mewcy on me, Edy! Edgaw! Eddie-beaw! I'm just... not... stronge enough...
        ::Mental note:: Must remember to steal these smileys.
        Unfortunately, they're so depressing they just make me more depressed.

Oy.
        Adrianne
        If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
        It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

1 Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
          2 Joy to the World
          3 Silent Night
          4 Handel's Messiah
          5 White Christmas <-- It's time.

Favorite Christmas Story ...
          This year I'm going to have to go with the 1st ... It's the only one that matters to me this year ... or that I can remember

Adrianne
          If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
          It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

ROUND 15

Handel's Messiah
            Joy to the World
            O Come All Ye Faithful
            The First Noel

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
            Okay, I just have to know what, "

Okay, I just have to know what, " Mmmm as long as u don't start voting for it Ba'al killer" means.
            Umm... like GateGirl said... *point self* I was one of that Ba'al hurter, at the last round he was so hurt, his symbiote aka Ba'al!Babes can't heal him... so he's being discarded on the basement... but don't worry, in Jonno's Thread nobody stay dead
            sigpic
            sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Round 15

Joy to the World
              O Come All Ye Faithful
              Silent Night
              The First Noel

Can't we just call this one big tie????? Voting is PAINFUL

I'm going to have to think a bit on my fave story

-

Comment

Round 15

1. Carol of the Bells
                2. Handel’s Messiah
                3. Silent Night
                4. The First Noel
                5. White Christmas

I think my favourite Christmas story, apart from the original, is Scrooge. I enjoy all the various versions of this story that have been filmed, including The Muppet Christmas Carol.
                sigpic

Comment

Round 15

It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
                  O Little Town of Bethlehem
                  Joy to the World
                  The First Noel

I’ve promised that I would tell you about some Spanish Christmas songs, so here are some I found in Youtube:

- Noche de Paz (Silent Night) It’s sung by Luis Miguel, not my favourite version, but it’s the one I thought it would interest you all to watch Here is another version that I like more, it’s more traditional, and the kind I use to sing… . And here are the lyrics.

- El burrito Sabanero (sung by Juanes) And here are the lyrics. And here another version (kind of funny… have you figured out it’s about a donkey yet )

I’m afraid that I’ve been surfing the web for more Spanish carols, but apparently the only videos to be found are in English…

Other songs that I love are (for those of you that speak Spanish - lyrics only):

- Noche Anunciada
                  - La Peregrinación
                  Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
                  (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Joy to the World
                    Gloria in Excelsis Deo
                    Handel’s Messiah
                    White Christmas
                    O Holy Night

Sorry. But we've reached the end of what I have never heard live - my old fave's must remain!
                    I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

*Sniff* Bethlehem is gone.

Silent Night
                      Do You Hear What I Hear?
                      Gloria in Excelsis Deo
                      O Holy Night
                      White Christmas

As for favourite Christmas story, I'd have to go with the original as well. But in one of Loreena McKennitt's songs (Dickens' Dublin) it's told in parts by the cutest little boy with an Irish accent. You can hear part of it here (Link to main page of album only. Click on the audio symbol beside Dickens' Dublin.)
                      sigpic
                      Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Round 15:

Gloria in Excelsis Deo
                        Hark, The Herald Angels Sing
                        Joy to the World.
                        Silent Night
                        White Christmas
                        sigpic

Comment

hmmm!! my fave story --- besides the real thing --- is

*The Littlest Angel*

*sigh* & i still cry evertime i read it!!! there is a famous dj of sorts in Canada ummmm Paul somebody who has the most dreamy reading voice and he reads this every Christmas Eve -- my dad and i always listened together -- it was our Christmas Eve tradition -- everyone knew to leave us alone (Paul also reads "A Letter To My Daughter" dad always said it spoke of how he felt bout me!! ) so it has always had in an incredibly special place in my heart ??

Anyways -- now not in Canada -- so no Paul and wondy voice we just read it together.

It is the story of a little boy back in bible times who goes to heaven (he's only like 6-8 *sniff*) and when he gets there he doesn't know why he can't go home ... he just doesn't fit in -- a typical little boy -- dirty white robe, bent wings, scruffy face, slipping halo ..... so GOD sends a special angel to help him with the transition ... when they talk the angel asks what would help him be happy in heaven and he says there is a special box under his bed -- full of little boy treasures (rocks, and toys, and a collar from his dog and so on) so they have the box brought to him and he totally straightens up and becomes a top notch angel .... then it is told to all of heaven of the birth of The Babe and all the angels are making magnificent gits in celebration and the littlest angel has no idea what to give .... well yup you guessed he places his box at the throne of GOD -- and then he starts panicking that he has totally messed up -- hoping it will be lost in all of the other stunning items he shudders when GOD singles it out!! he picks it as the special gift for his son and it becomes "THE STAR" that lets all earth know of the birth!!! *sniff* because it will prepare Jesus for the place he is off to!!

it is sooooo beautiful -- i love those ultimate sacrifice kinda stories -- giving from the heart -- anyways -- if you get the chance i highly recommend it!!!

sry i kinda babbled on!!!

another good one is the story of the candy cane maker ...

teehee!
                          sigpic
                          SCORE!!
                          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Wow! Y'all sure have a lot to say! It took me forever to catch up on this thread. (My computer was wonky yesterday and I couldn't get on GW.)

Joy to the World
                            O Come All Ye Faithful
                            O Holy Night
                            The First Noel
                            White Christmas

Hmmmm, favorite Christmas story....Oh! I've got it! "A Christmas Memory" by Truman Capote. It never ceases to amaze me that the same man could write that story, "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and "In Cold Blood". That is some serious range!

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                              Okay, I just have to know what, "

Okay, I just have to know what, " Mmmm as long as u don't start voting for it Ba'al killer" means.
                              Originally posted by Gate Girl View Post
                              There's a thread called Heal or Hurt GW/Goa'ulds, and in the thread, once a Goa'uld reaches -100 points, he is eliminated. Ronja, ainty, and I are "Ba'al's babes" in that we keep healing him to keep him in the game. Unfortunately, in a recent round, the thread owner, jonno, instituted unusual rules which made it impossible to keep him in the game. Adrianne was one of the people who helped eliminate him.

It might make a little more sense if you used the link to visit the thread.
                              Originally posted by L-JADE View Post

Umm... like GateGirl said... *point self* I was one of that Ba'al hurter, at the last round he was so hurt, his symbiote aka Ba'al!Babes can't heal him... so he's being discarded on the basement... but don't worry, in Jonno's Thread nobody stay dead
                              Well these guys already answered your question

This is what we call cross tournie voting We all post in the same tournaments so that's why she knew what I was talking about

And Adrianne and Jade were the worst offenders when it came to hurting Ba'al in the other tournie (see above)
                              Last edited by Ronja; 23 December 2006, 12:59 PM.

Comment

i like Let it Snow

Comment

Working...
                                X