• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fic thing.

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by Salamas View Post
    *nodnod* Crazy, but so is life
    Originally posted by Admiral Q O View Post
    Side note: It makes sense. In original writing the characters are your own and in fan fic the characters are mainly if not all borrowed, so it just depends if you want the control of your character or if you are more comfortable using a preset character.
    Side note: Exactly. I write my Daniel in different ways for different series and sometimes I get angry feedback that I interpreted a scene entirely wrong. Daniel fans are very passionate. Not that that's a bad thing, it just is. And I won't touch Jack/Sam ship for the same reason. Those peeps scare me.
    Originally posted by Dr.J View Post
    Side Note: I don't mean to butt in, but I've got to agree with you. I've found some people take fan fic to a seriousness that is scary. I've received hate mail over fic I've written and I mean nasty hate mail. How you write a character is how you see them. It's just a work of fiction and should be taken as that. It's not real. I think some people take what they read too seriously.
    Just adding in my two cents. I agree. For me I fear my original characters so much that I just stick to the confront zone that is pre-set characters, but on the other side of that fans and shippers sometimes get really really passionate about their character and well it's like writing through a mine field at times. I mainly write Daniel and Vala *cough* and have dabbled with other characters but I like writing them in many ways, because well they have many layers to play with honestly. Some times it's hit or miss and well as a fanfic writer I think you also need to be able to take the characters and the review you get with a grain of salt because it is very rare to find someone who agrees with your interpretation of a character 100%.

*L!Vala beams in*

L!Vala: Oh its a good thing ST wasn't here for that. He gets really into the stuff - he manages Isa's muses after all. *winks* So how are we all.
    banner by Stef

Comment

In Back Room 1:

SourThang: *unties Jonas* I really enjoyed our rehersal together!
      Jonas: I did too. We should do it again sometime.
      SourThang: Yes, perhaps we should wait till we get the script first.
      Jonas: That would just get in the way.
      SourThang: You're right about that! *gets up and starts getting dressed as Jonas does the same* Till next time, TeddyBear! *gives him a kiss then beams out*
      GLD

Thanks to Wendy for the Thunkworthy siggy!! And Thanks to Neelan for the wonderful saying!!

My Clones!

My PhotoBucket
      Snurch if you want!

Comment

Zane: Only if you promise to be gentle. I want to be able to sit tonight! *hesitantly pulls down pants*
        Dr. Lam: *gently applies lotion in slow, swirling motion* How's that? Not too rough? Starting to feel any better?

Comment

In Wendy's room...

Wendy: *beams in*
          DJ: You are back early.
          Wendy: Kev offered to work the rest of the day for me so I can be here with you. *climbs on the bed, kisses*
          DJ: That was nice of him. *flips her onto her back, nibbles at her neck.
          Wendy: Wasn't it though?
          DJ: *runs his hand up under her shirt* Remind me to thank him later.
          sigpic
          Sig made by me

Comment

Dr. Lam: *gently applies lotion in slow, swirling motion* How's that? Not too rough? Starting to feel any better?
            Zane: Mrraaahhh that feels good...
            sigpic
            Awesome sig by Laura
            "We're eating stardust" ~Mr. R

The randomess that is me
            Nibbles Zane Ducky Pixie Ace Bunny Sally Hunter Kitty

Comment

Zane: Mrraaahhh that feels good...
              Dr. Lam: Good...now, stay still...stop squirming. *moves to other cheek*

Comment

Dr. Lam: Good...now, stay still...stop squirming. *moves to other cheek*
                Zane: I'll try *stands still* You have magic hands!
                sigpic
                Awesome sig by Laura

The randomess that is me

Comment

Do you think he's okay?
                  Nibbles: I can't hear any screaming, unless he passed out from pain.
                  He can handle more than that. He's a Sheppard clone! *punches Nibbles's arm*
                  Nibbles: that tickled
                  Maybe I'll keep you and Weary separated this weekend. He's a baaad influence.
                  sigpic
                  Awesome sig by Laura

The randomess that is me

Comment

Zane: I'll try *stands still* You have magic hands!
                    Dr. Lam: Thanks. *finishes, wipes hands* Okay, pants up and back out to Sal with you.

Comment

Dr. Lam: Thanks. *finishes, wipes hands* Okay, pants up and back out to Sal with you.
                      Zane: Aw you're done already? But I still feel a bit sore.
                      sigpic
                      Awesome sig by Laura

The randomess that is me

Comment

Zane: Aw you're done already? But I still feel a bit sore.
                        Dr. Lam: I have Alpha to take care of before our production meeting starts. *sighs* Here. *puts some lotion in his hand* Sal can apply it for you. Just tell her to be gentle and use slow, circular motions.

Comment

Dr. Lam: I have Alpha to take care of before our production meeting starts. *sighs* Here. *puts some lotion in his hand* Sal can apply it for you. Just tell her to be gentle and use slow, circular motions.

Zane: Oh alright, thanks Doc *kisses* Really helped a lot. *pulls up pants and walks back out* Hi you two

Hi babe, feeling better?
                          Zane: Yeah, Doc gave me some cream for you to put on my bruises
                          Okay, I'll help you with it later.
                          Nibbles: what? He's wimpy and gets rewarded?
                          Zane: *smirks*
                          sigpic
                          Awesome sig by Laura

The randomess that is me

Comment

in back room...

Dr. Lam: Okay, Alpha, where does it hurt?
                            Alpha: It doesn't...but you can put the lotion on anyway? *turns and smiles* We have time to kill before the meeting. *holds out his hands*
                            Dr. Lam: *frinkle* At least you're honest. *tosses tube to one side, takes hold of his hands*

Comment

Cammie: *checks feed, sees Alpha* Ah man. *turns off outgoing feed for that room*

Comment

Hi Cammie! When did you get in?
                                sigpic
                                Awesome sig by Laura

The randomess that is me

Comment

Working...
                                X