This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Yep, Xena had a baby. It didn't have a real daddy, either.

Of course, Gabrielle had a baby, too, and the daddy was a demonic, fiery, god-like creature with a cult-like, brainwashed following. Gabrielle's baby aged very quickly, and had internal conflict about being daddy's good little girl and wanting mommy's love. At one point, Gabrielle sacrifices herself to save Xena from certain death by tackling evil-baby-spawn (Hope) and throwing them both (Gabrielle and Hope) into a pit of lava.

Dare I hope for a pit of lava in season 10?
    Please, yes!

Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava!
    Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava! Lava!

Um... wait a minute - will Pele be peeved if they toss a non virgin in one of her volcanoes???

Hmm... it's always a thing about proper respect with Her, isn't it? But, getting tossed into the cliched volcano as the cliched sacrifice would be an end that showed the respect proper to a cliche like the Vala character, and the very idea of the Adria character, too. And it's fire, and that ought to be a sacred end for an Ori worshiper, right? So, going out in a blaze of glory (being sacrificed is glorious if it says it is in the script, right?) would be properly respectful of the whole bunch of PTB's creation of Vala, wouldn't it? And Mitchell can jump in after them, and some weird, Alteran, Ascended, plot device can propel them all into some other dimension and dump them right in the middle of the third incarnation! Yes! That'll work! And they won't land in Pele's sacred lava at all!

Excellent!

On with the crater-side cermony!

...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

yeah, and i'm sure the effects will be hot *ducks*
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
        Um... wait a minute - will Pele be peeved if they toss a non virgin in one of her volcanoes???

Hmm... it's always a thing about proper respect with Her, isn't it? But, getting tossed into the cliched volcano as the cliched sacrifice would be an end that showed the respect proper to a cliche like the Vala character, and the very idea of the Adria character, too. And it's fire, and that ought to be a sacred end for an Ori worshiper, right? So, going out in a blaze of glory (being sacrificed is glorious if it says it is in the script, right?) would be properly respectful of the whole bunch of PTB's creation of Vala, wouldn't it? And Mitchell can jump in after them, and some weird, Alteran, Ascended, plot device can propel them all into some other dimension and dump them right in the middle of the third incarnation! Yes! That'll work! And they won't land in Pele's sacred lava at all!

Excellent!
        I second the motion.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally Posted by Simhavaktra

Excellent!
          Now are you positive Pele won't spit her back out, you know that virgin clause is a biggie, and she just might spew knowing Vala is coming. After all a lot of us feel like spewing knowing Vala is coming
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            Now are you positive Pele won't spit her back out, you know that virgin clause is a biggie, and she just might spew knowing Vala is coming. After all a lot of us feel like spewing knowing Vala is coming
            But that'll be after Vala has already hit the lava so as long as Sam, Daniel and Teal'c are far, far away when Pele spews Vala (rearrange the letters in her name and you can spell "lava" - it's Fate, I tell you!), along with lots of hot, molten rock, it's okay.

Comment

I ABSOLUTELY dare someone or a few someones to reply to this letter.

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/letters/index.html

I...I have no words, which in itself is a disturbing development.

Maybe we'll have a few folks write letters here in the nut house and we'll vote to see which gets posted!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                i still watch csi (although i am a bit shell shocked about the season finale) but i stopped watching csi maimi because, if you're not a caruso fan, there's not much in it for anyone else. i'm not a fan of his, so i bailed
                what happened on csi?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Maybe we'll have a few folks write letters here in the nut house and we'll vote to see which gets posted!!!
                  i just finished reading it... and one wonders why there is a problem with fandom....

i wish i could write in a foreign language, because i have a few choice words to say about this fan's way of thinking, and what i *really* think of these new and wonderful additions to this boring and unwatchable show.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    i just finished reading it... and one wonders why there is a problem with fandom....

i wish i could write in a foreign language, because i have a few choice words to say about this fan's way of thinking, and what i *really* think of these new and wonderful additions to this boring and unwatchable show.

sally
                    Well... if you need any help, then just ask
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

csi finale spoiler
                      Spoiler:
                      in the end, we see gil in a robe, talking to a woman, who walks into the room, also in a robe.

it's sarah sidle and the implication is that they're in a relationship.

this is after gil said no months ago recognizing that sarah hero-worships him

i coulda sporked my eyes out with that one
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*thinks hard*

I've got nothing. Yet.
                        sigpic

Comment

I find the insistence that Mitchell is the "glue" who "brought the team back together" very amusing, especially when Ms Mahon did such a good job of illustrating why he wasn't and the mention of the ratings was a nice touch, considering that the season average went from 2.1 for Season Eight to 1.8 in Season Nine.

The more viewers Season Nine's new direction attracted, the more viewers it lost.

Comment

Requoting, because, while I had nothing earlier, now I've come up with this. I haven't sent it yet, because I want to tweak it with your help. So, let me know what you think. Any improvements, ways of stating it, help with the conclusion (which kind of falls flat imo), any ideas will be appreciated.

---
                            Reply to Andy Sawchka's "letter".

In Andy Sawachka’s June 5th letter, entitled “New Direction attracts New Viewers”, he states – “times change. Casts change. Writers get new ideas and want to try new things. Producers get new direction on where shows should go”. I completely agree. I would go so far as to say that it is to be expected, especially after 8 years. However, when this occurs, why try and pass off the new ideas, new things and new direction as the old ideas, old things and old direction. Because that’s exactly what’s happening on SG-1.

Stargate SG-1 ended with the Season 8 finale. What we got in Season 9 and what is being projected in Season 10 is not SG-1. It’s a new show, with new ideas, new things and a new direction. So why not give it new name. If it really is so much better and so much more refreshing, then let it stand on it’s own two feet, rather than trying to ride the coat-tails of SG-1.

Mr. Sawachka also states that "Ratings don’t care how long someone’s been watching a show!" Normally, I would agree. However, let's make a comparison shall we? Season 8 had an average rating of 2.1 while Season 9 had an average rating of 1.8. Now, let's do the math. Hmmmm. That's a drop of .3. Looks like the new and improved version of SG-1 lost more viewers than it gained.

So what should we conclude? Given that the show was renewed for S10, even with the ratings drop, it must be that ratings don't really matter. Instead TPTB (be it Sony, SciFi or Bridge) are intent on gaining the coveted holy grail of "longest running US scifi show" regardless of what they have to do to get it
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                              Requoting, because, while I had nothing earlier, now I've come up with this. I haven't sent it yet, because I want to tweak it with your help. So, let me know what you think. Any improvements, ways of stating it, help with the conclusion (which kind of falls flat imo), any ideas will be appreciated.

---
                              Reply to Andy Sawchka's "letter".

In Andy Sawachka’s June 5th letter, entitled “New Direction attracts New Viewers”, he states – “times change. Casts change. Writers get new ideas and want to try new things. Producers get new direction on where shows should go”. I completely agree. I would go so far as to say that it is to be expected, especially after 8 years. However, when this occurs, why try and pass off the new ideas, new things and new direction as the old ideas, old things and old direction. Because that’s exactly what’s happening on SG-1.

Stargate SG-1 ended with the Season 8 finale. What we got in Season 9 and what is being projected in Season 10 is not SG-1. It’s a new show, with new ideas, new things and a new direction. So why not give it new name. If it really is so much better and so much more refreshing, then let it stand on it’s own two feet, rather than trying to ride the coat-tails of SG-1.

Mr. Sawachka also states that "Ratings don’t care how long someone’s been watching a show!" Normally, I would agree. However, let's make a comparison shall we? Season 8 had an average rating of 2.1 while Season 9 had an average rating of 1.8. Now, let's do the math. Hmmmm. That's a drop of .3. Looks like the new and improved version of SG-1 lost more viewers than it gained.

So what should we conclude? Given that the show was renewed for S10, even with the ratings drop, it must be that ratings don't really matter. Instead TPTB (be it Sony, SciFi or Bridge) are intent on gaining the coveted holy grail of "longest running US scifi show" regardless of what they have to do to get it
                              Well done KatG Your letter is well written, intelligent and covers the points listed in the other letter.

However, I'm afraid intelligent letters need to be read by intelligent people, which many reply letters to this subject fail to show.
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                Well done KatG Your letter is well written, intelligent and covers the points listed in the other letter.

However, I'm afraid intelligent letters need to be read by intelligent people, which many reply letters to this subject fail to show.
                                Heh. True, so true.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X