This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEM
    Hey, y'all, I want to ask about or discuss something, but I have a feeling this could be a delicate iss-ewe. So I'll use spoiler tags.
    Spoiler:
    Is it just me, or does it seem to anyone else that AT and BBr have virtually zero 'chemistry'? I was just trying to rewatch Insiders and they were... off. Clunk, snooze, thud. Seems to be a trend over the past few eps. IMO.

I'm not trying to start a war or disrespect anyone, so please don't take it that way.
    I dunno, I think they both look good together :O

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Astro has a minigeek reaction:

TPTB really don't get it.
      They don't get what made SG-1 special.
      They say they do.
      They give it lip service.
      But they
      Do.
      Not.
      Get.
      It.

The Wizard of Oz references came out of the humor and inter-relationships of the original SG-1. It helped define and illustrate their humor and inter-connections for the audience. In some ways, also providing some backstory in terms of the analogies that folks made with the original four and their characteristics. Carter was Dorothy (that's a no-brainer, she was the only female, and Jack said 'Hail, Dorothy' in Seth). Teal'c as the Tin Man, also not much to dither about on that choice! The original Daniel as the lovable, good-hearted Cowardly Lion (not the Daniel of later seasons). And that left Jack as the Scarecrow.

So, they are going to show SG-1 (spoilers for Season 10)
      Spoiler:
      as the 4 main characters from the Wizard of Oz in the 200th episode. Lots of folks feeling all warm and fuzzy about that. Seeing what they've referred to in fanfics and such coming up on the screen.

And what do TPTB do? Put Vala in the role of Dorothy and Mitchell in the role of the Scarecrow! You've got to be freakin' kidding! Someone is taking drugs - and it isn't me!

Can the Stargate world *be* more screwed up?

So, are Carter and O'Neill simply not in the Oz analogy anymore? Or is Carter one of the witches and O'Neill is the 'guy behind the screen' that we aren't supposed to pay attention to? (Hmmmm...)

Wow. Carter bumped completely from the Dorothy role. In print. On the screen.

It's not like it should be a surprise.

They obviously dropped her character at the end of Season 8 and have just been stuffing her in here and there.

And... this is one of the epsides that RDA is in, right? So... if they didn't want to show the original four as the team from Oz, why didn't they just leave it out?

Why basterdize it? Why co-opt it so heavy-handedly? When Mitchell and Vala have been around long enough, they will have their own 'references' like the Oz references - but maybe to something like Lord of the Rings or such. Then, when they were celebrating the 250th or 300th episode, they could put Mitchell and Vala into the lead roles of LOR in some sort of fantasy-farce-tribute to themselves.

It's... just... wrong, wrong, wrong.

Unbelievable how they have disrespected the Original SG-1, the team and it's relationships ever since the end of Season 8.

grrrrrrrrrrrr

They keep saying that the 200th episode is a tribute to the fans. Sure doesn't seem that way to me.
      Unbelievable. I'm stunned. I don't know why I'm surprised, but I really am. This really takes the cake. How can they do this? It's just wrong on so many levels.
      sigpic

Comment

Amen to that! RDA is being minimized in terms of his role with SG-1 in Season 10.
        Can't have him challenging Perfect Hewo Mitchell's godgiven right to the spotlight, now can we?

If TPTB honestly thought that having Jack back for five episodes would be able to damage Mitchell's standing on the show, it just goes to show what a terrible character Mitchell is and how poorly he was introduced and incorporated into the show.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
          Can't have him challenging Perfect Hewo Mitchell's godgiven right to the spotlight, now can we?

If TPTB honestly thought that having Jack back for five episodes would be able to damage Mitchell's standing on the show, it just goes to show what a terrible character Mitchell is and how poorly he was introduced and incorporated into the show.
          taht's very true. if mitch was a competant, sutainable character, he shouldn't be threatened at al by jack's return.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Astro has a minigeek reaction:

TPTB really don't get it.
            They don't get what made SG-1 special.
            They say they do.
            They give it lip service.
            But they
            Do.
            Not.
            Get.
            It.

The Wizard of Oz references came out of the humor and inter-relationships of the original SG-1. It helped define and illustrate their humor and inter-connections for the audience. In some ways, also providing some backstory in terms of the analogies that folks made with the original four and their characteristics. Carter was Dorothy (that's a no-brainer, she was the only female, and Jack said 'Hail, Dorothy' in Seth). Teal'c as the Tin Man, also not much to dither about on that choice! The original Daniel as the lovable, good-hearted Cowardly Lion (not the Daniel of later seasons). And that left Jack as the Scarecrow.

So, they are going to show SG-1 (spoilers for Season 10)
            Spoiler:
            as the 4 main characters from the Wizard of Oz in the 200th episode. Lots of folks feeling all warm and fuzzy about that. Seeing what they've referred to in fanfics and such coming up on the screen.

And what do TPTB do? Put Vala in the role of Dorothy and Mitchell in the role of the Scarecrow! You've got to be freakin' kidding! Someone is taking drugs - and it isn't me!

Can the Stargate world *be* more screwed up?

So, are Carter and O'Neill simply not in the Oz analogy anymore? Or is Carter one of the witches and O'Neill is the 'guy behind the screen' that we aren't supposed to pay attention to? (Hmmmm...)

Wow. Carter bumped completely from the Dorothy role. In print. On the screen.

It's not like it should be a surprise.

They obviously dropped her character at the end of Season 8 and have just been stuffing her in here and there.

And... this is one of the epsides that RDA is in, right? So... if they didn't want to show the original four as the team from Oz, why didn't they just leave it out?

Why basterdize it? Why co-opt it so heavy-handedly? When Mitchell and Vala have been around long enough, they will have their own 'references' like the Oz references - but maybe to something like Lord of the Rings or such. Then, when they were celebrating the 250th or 300th episode, they could put Mitchell and Vala into the lead roles of LOR in some sort of fantasy-farce-tribute to themselves.

It's... just... wrong, wrong, wrong.

Unbelievable how they have disrespected the Original SG-1, the team and it's relationships ever since the end of Season 8.

grrrrrrrrrrrr

They keep saying that the 200th episode is a tribute to the fans. Sure doesn't seem that way to me.
            I couldn't agree with you more. When I saw that picture, I was shocked! But I guess given the way things have been going, I shouldn't have been. We all know that Sam is Dorothy. And to put Vala in there is just .... WRONG! They are so out of touch with the fans that it's not even funny anymore.

Not that it really matters, but does Amanda know how upset her fans are?

I'm to the point where I hope they cancel the show. Keep Atlantis, cancel SG-1 and give Amanda her own spin off!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
              I'm to the point where I hope they cancel the show. Keep Atlantis, cancel SG-1 and give Amanda her own spin off!!
              I second the motion. Keep Atlantis, give Amanda her own spinoff and keep Mitchell away from both shows.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                Not my usual style of fantasy but I DO like it

Of course, I'd have to make sure that RCC went with the new show and stayed the hell away from Atlantis because his track record over the last 3 years with female characters is pretty dismal. (Yes, I realise he has had some good moments but as a whole - uh no!)

Of course there's not a snowball's chance in hell of it ever happening. I can just see the reaction of the "suits" - a show with 3 female leads??? Strong, complex and capable characters without b****iness in sight and no male to guide and lead them???? God Forbid!!

Yup, that's why it's a fantasy huh?
                Haha. Yep. Totally fantastic, in every sense of the word. And RCC would have to be limited to writing and directing episodes, while BW remained the EP of Atlantis (and in this fantasy, Joss Whedon is Brad Wright's EP partner ).

Oh, and I forgot... Ronon gets to stay. I'd imagine he and Lorne would have an interesting dynamic, if it was allowed to grow.

Comment

I've thought I had seen it all on various forums/boards/lists, but I'm mistaken.
                  You really have to wonder if the calling for the court-martial of a fictional character reasonable.
                  (re: Insiders)

I mean I've been on Buffy/Angel sites in the full swing of ship wars between Buffy/Spike and Buffy/Angel fans who wanted their ship to win. But it was nothing like this.

Learn something new every day I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                    I've thought I had seen it all on various forums/boards/lists, but I'm mistaken.
                    You really have to wonder if the calling for the court-martial of a fictional character reasonable.
                    (re: Insiders)

I mean I've been on Buffy/Angel sites in the full swing of ship wars between Buffy/Spike and Buffy/Angel fans who wanted their ship to win. But it was nothing like this.

Learn something new every day I guess.
                    Dude. A court martial? Really, I shouldn't be surprised by such claims, as there are people who think that Sam was responsible for Janet's death. Still, while I shouldn't be surprised that people are that dense, I am. If it's not one thing, it's another.

Comment

Instead of admitting it and fixing it, they make us suffer. Way to treat your fans PTB.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
                        Spoiler:
                        I couldn't agree with you more. When I saw that picture, I was shocked! But I guess given the way things have been going, I shouldn't have been. We all know that Sam is Dorothy. And to put Vala in there is just .... WRONG! They are so out of touch with the fans that it's not even funny anymore.

Not that it really matters, but does Amanda know how upset her fans are?

Yes, yes, yes! It's SO wrong. If they expect
                        Spoiler:
                        the 200th to be 'a love letter to fans', well it ain't the kind of love I'm looking for.

I hope Amanda knows that's she's got a lot of people backing her. (((Amanda)))

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          Dude. A court martial? Really, I shouldn't be surprised by such claims, as there are people who think that Sam was responsible for Janet's death. Still, while I shouldn't be surprised that people are that dense, I am. If it's not one thing, it's another.
                          How exactly is Sam supposed to be responsible for Janet's death? She wasn't anywhere near her at the time, she was fighting the Jaffa.

If they want to blame somebody for Janet's death - besides the Jaffa that shot her, of course - why isn't Daniel getting the blame for concentrating on filming Wells instead of watching Janet's back while she worked?

While I wouldn't agree that Daniel is to blame, there would at least something vaguely resembling logic in that argument.
                          Last edited by ReganX; 08 August 2006, 02:54 PM.

Comment

How exactly is Sam supposed to be responsible for Janet's death? She wasn't anywhere near her at the time, she was fighting the Jaffa at the time.

If they want to blame somebody for Janet's death - besides the Jaffa that shot her, of course - why isn't Daniel getting the blame for concentrating on filming Wells instead of watching Janet's back while she worked?

While I wouldn't agree that Daniel is to blame, there would at least something vaguely resembling logic in that argument.
                            Nope. I don't blame anyone for Janet's death either. But I guess I learned the hard way that "logic" has no place in certain theories/ideas/propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              Nope. I don't blame anyone for Janet's death either. But I guess I learned the hard way that "logic" has no place in certain theories/ideas/propaganda.
                              If you want logic, what are you doing here (the general here)
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

How exactly is Sam supposed to be responsible for Janet's death? She wasn't anywhere near her at the time, she was fighting the Jaffa.

Oh you're going to love this.

This is the train of thought in the "Sam killed Janet" mindset.

Sam, on the battlefield, is picking off Jaffa right and left. But then Jack is hit.

According to the [fill in your favorite euphamism here] who believe Sam is responsible, she "abandoned her position" thus allowing one of the Jaffa to slip by...and later kill Janet.

Oh yes. Sam and Ship, according to their claim, killed Janet because Sam was so overwhelmed by Jack getting hit that she "left her post" to check on him.

There are OH so many problems with this line of thinking of course...namely that there was no position to abandon. The scene was very fluid. Second, is the fact that she was one of many on that line...Teal'c was nearby. So whoever one misses, the other gets and so on. Third, Sam would have done that for any of her team because she'd want to check on them to see if they were okay. Fourth, she is the field medic of the team. So even though the [fill in your favorite euphamism here] complain that all she did was look at him and touch his vest, the scene ended right then and she (the character) didn't have time for much else nor was she (the actress) directed to do anything beyond checking on his well being.

And ... you'll love this too.

Remember Covenant? How Emmett Bregman left messages on Daniel's voice mail? The [fill in your favorite euphamism here] use this as further "proof" that Emmett knew the truth about how Sam was responsible and that's why he didn't call her.

BTW, even though the entire scenario is just the rantings of a crazed group of [fill in your favorite euphamism here], I asked Joe Mallozzi point blank and he told me that there is zero truth to this. Further, he said that if it were true, they would have followed up on it and Sam would have been in big trouble.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X