Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you're sam sensitive it can be seen as 'see, we're having so much fun while she's gone'

een though i do admit that AT was on her very well deserved baby time off and i don't begrudge her a minute of it. nor do i expect the B@B to stick her in every eps.

a decent, rational explanation would have been nice though...other than the 'oh, she's gone????' vagueness we got
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      OT, but if anyone has caught Kyra Sedgwick in The Closer ... there's a leading-lady part that could have gone to Amanda. Something she could have sunk her teeth into!
      Oh I love The Closer. Love Brenda Johnson. I love that she's slightly neurotic, has a messy personal life, but that she still comes across as highly intelligent, very much in charge and is able to get the job done. Would love to see AT in this type of role.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        OK, so this is an analogy that I've wanted to post for some time, but never got around to it.
        *snip*
        New Coke = Stargate SG-1 Seasons 9 and 10 and any others that follow.
        As one of those who stockpiled Classic Coke, and refused to drink the "new and improved" version, I have to applaud you on an apt analogy. Very well done.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
          As one of those who stockpiled Classic Coke, and refused to drink the "new and improved" version, I have to applaud you on an apt analogy. Very well done.
          I too applaud.
          New Coke was just Pepsie in a coke can.
          New Stargate is "pick your cliche scifi" show with the Stargate name slapped on it.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            New Coke was just Pepsie in a coke can.
            Exactly. And I don't like Pepsi. We actually switched to RC Cola, once we ran out of Classic Coke. I do however remember the first time I found Classic Coke in a machine about a year later. We were on a road trip, and I was so happy I felt like dancing around the rest stop.
            sigpic

Comment

i've become a coke fan. to the point that i can't stand pepsi.

several restaurants around here have pepsi because pepsi practically GIVES thier stuff away, just to get restaurants to carry it. They will seriously underbid coke so that it's financially advantageus for them to have pepsi

I've gotten to the point that i'll just drink water instead of pepsi

It kinda reminds me of the show in a way. us 'old time' fans are the coke drinkers...and we're just nto fooled by the 'it's just as good' new coke/pepsi angle. Nor are we impreseed by the 'but it's everywhere, we'll force you to have no choice but to drink our product' way of thiers.

but you know, i DO have a choice. I'll just not drink Pepsi at all and stick with water until i can get somewehre that has coke

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

several restaurants around here have pepsi because pepsi practically GIVES thier stuff away, just to get restaurants to carry it. They will seriously underbid coke so that it's financially advantageus for them to have pepsi

It kinda reminds me of the show in a way. us 'old time' fans are the coke drinkers...and we're just nto fooled by the 'it's just as good' new coke/pepsi angle. Nor are we impreseed by the 'but it's everywhere, we'll force you to have no choice but to drink our product' way of thiers.

but you know, i DO have a choice. I'll just not drink Pepsi at all and stick with water until i can get somewehre that has coke
                I'm the same way. I order a coke and they say "pepsie ok?" and I say, "no, water please" but sometimes I go with ice tea. I just cant take the taste of pepsi. I am not sure how anyone says that they taste similar... unless your talking pepsi taste like a really old, flat, warm coke. Just MHO though, my uncle loves pepsi, I dont drink soda at his house obviously.

Yea, the New Stargate is very much like New Coke to me. Old Stargate is like a nice big glass of fresh coke classic. Its sweet but its got a bit of a bite to cut through any grease. Coke and a phili cheesesteak, or good salty fries.... such a healthy life I live.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                  I'm the same way. I order a coke and they say "pepsie ok?" and I say, "no, water please" but sometimes I go with ice tea. I just cant take the taste of pepsi. I am not sure how anyone says that they taste similar... unless your talking pepsi taste like a really old, flat, warm coke. Just MHO though, my uncle loves pepsi, I dont drink soda at his house obviously.

Yea, the New Stargate is very much like New Coke to me. Old Stargate is like a nice big glass of fresh coke classic. Its sweet but its got a bit of a bite to cut through any grease. Coke and a phili cheesesteak, or good salty fries.... such a healthy life I live.
                  Thanks. Now I'm hungry. No! I will not go get ice cream at 12:30AM!

Suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

If I'm in a place that sells only Pepsi Products, I can get by with Dr. Pepper. Still has that bite that Classic Coke has, if a little sweeter.

So, going with this "Coke" analogy (which I like btw), would That make Atlantis Dr. Pepper?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                      If I'm in a place that sells only Pepsi Products, I can get by with Dr. Pepper. Still has that bite that Classic Coke has, if a little sweeter.

So, going with this "Coke" analogy (which I like btw), would That make Atlantis Dr. Pepper?
                      Or Sprite. you know, rather flavorless.

Suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Pepsi tastes a bit weird. I can't put my finger on what I dislike about it - granted, that's not a problem with Season Nine. I usually order water or orange juice instead if there's no Coke.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

You're all nuts. Wackos. Sheep. You've all been brainwashed by the Coca Cola marketing juggernaut. Pepsi absolutely kicks the crap out of Coke eight days a week. Coke is so totally on the bottom of the soft drink heirarchy of deliciousness. As someone above mentioned, RC cola, ice tea, root beer, or even birch beer are all viable alternatives to the awfulness of Coke. If fact, why don't I just go suck down some sweet, delicious Pepsi right now and be done with it? Later Coke-heads.

Comment

i'm happy to be a coke head thank you very much

and i personally don't like my cola sweet. I'm a devoted diet drinker adn one reason i don't drink dr pepper anyjmore is because it's just too danged sweet

sigpic

Comment

Dr. Pepper is the only soft drink that can even tempt me.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                                Dr. Pepper is the only soft drink that can even tempt me.
                                Oh yeah, I like that one too.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X