This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1- What's your favorite word?
    Aunt-because I love it when my nieces and nephew call me that.

2- What's your least favorite word(s)?
    Cancer

3- What turns you on? (not in a sexual way either. )
    true friendship

4- What turns you off?
    when people mistreat those with disabilities

5- What sound do you love?
    the wind

6- What sound do you hate?
    lol, the branches the wind causes to scratch against my house!

7- What is your favorite curse word (please be mindful of the rules here)?
    I can't really say it on here.

8- What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
    something in science

9- What profession would you not like to participate in?
    Extermination-I really hate bugs.

10- IF Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God/Higher Power say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
    Hey, how would you like to be reincarnated as an Olympic figure skater?

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
      They have a different design every Olympics.
      but they did look like snowflakes before, right?

Comment

Need to get this on my subscribed list, so I thought I would share my list.

Horses. Takes me back to a very happy time.

2- What's your least favorite word(s)?
        Bigot. Sounds ugly and is ugly.

3- What turns you on? (not in a sexual way either. )
        Classical music.

4- What turns you off?
        Self-centered, rude people.

birds singing. A childhood thing.

Sirens.

The F word. I've always been told I have a real potty mouth, but I find that word extrememly cathartic!

Childhood dream: actor. At this point in my life an environmental or wildlife conservationist.

Accountant. I find it very boring. (and I am an accountant!)

10- IF Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God/Higher Power say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
        Come on in, you've earned it!
        In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
        so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
        Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
        Hic Comitas Regit
        Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

They have a different design every Olympics.
          Actually the Summer Games have a very stricted code on the design and they are always very similar. The Winter Games have more freedom on the design of the medals and the host country usually puts there own signature into the design. This Winter Game medals are also the heaviest medals ever.

I'm a big fan of the olympics but I have been so busy with work the last few weeks I have not seen very much of the games. I do have several hours of the games on my TIVO for when I have time to sit down and watch.
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Wow, quite a few people dislike the nails on a blackboard.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              Wow, quite a few people dislike the nails on a blackboard.
              yeah, absolutely one of the worst sounds ever! i can't understand how some people aren't bothered by it. i thought of the worst sound ever, so i went back to add to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                but they did look like snowflakes before, right?
                As far as I know, they're always some variation of a circle. But I don't always notice them, I just noticed them this year because they're so ugly to me.

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                Actually the Summer Games have a very stricted code on the design and they are always very similar. The Winter Games have more freedom on the design of the medals and the host country usually puts there own signature into the design. This Winter Game medals are also the heaviest medals ever.

I'm a big fan of the olympics but I have been so busy with work the last few weeks I have not seen very much of the games. I do have several hours of the games on my TIVO for when I have time to sit down and watch.
                I didn't know there was a difference in the design rules. Interesting.

And I can well imagine that they're the heaviest ever. I'm afraid they'll snap the neck of some of the smaller athletes.

I hope you get a chance to watch soon. I liked the new event, Snowboard Cross. And if you're a skating fan, I hope you have the Ice Dance original dance on Tivo-it was extrodinary.

Comment

As far as I know, they're always some variation of a circle. But I don't always notice them, I just noticed them this year because they're so ugly to me.

I didn't know there was a difference in the design rules. Interesting.

And I can well imagine that they're the heaviest ever. I'm afraid they'll snap the neck of some of the smaller athletes.

I hope you get a chance to watch soon. I liked the new event, Snowboard Cross. And if you're a skating fan, I hope you have the Ice Dance original dance on Tivo-it was extrodinary.
                  i missed it!
                  i saw the mens competition, and i saw the couples compulsory, but missed the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    i missed it!
                    i saw the mens competition, and i saw the couples compulsory, but missed the rest.
                    The original dance was tense. I'm not usually an ice dancing fan, but I was watching the pre-Olympics show on CBC, and the anchor said something about how violent a sport it was, so I just had to watch.

Spectacular, frightening falls.

But even better, there is movement in the ranks now. It's not 'a team is 10th after compulsaries, and stays there to the end' anymore. Belbin and Augusto moved up from sixth to get a silver. Ice Dancing has changed!

I can't wait for them to show more of the ladies.

Comment

I saw both and loved them except for the commentariesfor the women’s snowboarding. Anyway in the Ice Dancing the American team looked like they were really enjoying it!

Ladies Figure Skating is on tonight. Already know who is in the lead after the short program I spoiled myself

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
                        I saw both and loved them except for the commentariesfor the women’s snowboarding. Anyway in the Ice Dancing the American team looked like they were really enjoying it!

Ladies Figure Skating is on tonight. Already know who is in the lead after the short program I spoiled myself
                        I missed Women's snowboard cross, I'm so disappointed with myself. I really, really like that event. What didn't you like about the commentaries?

I have been waffling on spoiling myself. It took all I had not to spoil myself for the ice dancing, I almost couldn't watch the Americans because I was so nervous. So far tonight I have managed not to spoil myself. I hope my resolve lasts.

The Italians added some interesting drama, don't you think?

Comment

Love

2- What's your least favorite word?
                          Hate

3- What turns you on?
                          Kindness, people who care for others, and smiles

4- What turns you off?
                          Rude and ignorant people.

Child laughter and the ocean

Sirens, (heard it too often concerning loved ones than I care to remember) and I'd also have to add 'nails on a blackboard'

I don't use a lot of curse words, but I do say 'What the h..." on occasion

Physician or psychologist

Dentist

Welcome, there is someone waiting for you.
                          Last edited by Dani76; 21 February 2006, 05:43 PM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

I missed Women's snowboard cross, I'm so disappointed with myself. I really, really like that event. What didn't you like about the commentaries?

I have been waffling on spoiling myself. It took all I had not to spoil myself for the ice dancing, I almost couldn't watch the Americans because I was so nervous. So far tonight I have managed not to spoil myself. I hope my resolve lasts.

The Italians added some interesting drama, don't you think?
                            I dunno I just think the commentaries/press mainly the press are being rude to Lindsay who one silver, saying how she lost gold, and should admit to something we don’t even know for certain she did. Anyway I just feel sorry for her.

On a lighter note Irina is on the ice right now
                            *runs of to watch*

Comment

Well I forgot to set the TIVO tonight. I just got home but I did get to see Bobsledding tonight - WooHoo Silver for the US women. I did see the Ice Dancing last night.
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

There can be some stunning ice dancing in the winter Olympics. Oddly enough, I haven't even watched any of the olympics on tv this year.

When I was younger I used to do ice skating at competetive level. But I have always been in awe of the smoothness and grace that the olympic skaters achieve.

(deepspace has never exactly been good at the 'grace' part )

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Working...
                                X