No announcement yet.

Calling all Scots!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the tour of Glasgow Central was rather fab.

Didn't get to go up on the roof, presumably because it was snowing, but we got an hour's tour of the catacombs and old engineering spaces dating back to Victorian times.

According to the guys leading the tour, plans are in place to offer a tour of Victorian built platforms on the low level that haven't been used since they were deemed "surplus to requirements" by Doctor Beeching in the mid-60s.

And (if there's enough interest) they're considering opening up the WWII era radio room that was sealed up at the end of the war and forgotten about.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Glad you had a good time, even with the snow.

BTW BruTak, do you write fanfic?
      sigpic

Comment

I've been known to pen the odd story here and there, yes.

But nothing in the past few years, sadly. I never seem to have time.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

That sounds familiar. My SG1 fic is having trouble getting started properly and I began nearly a year ago.
          sigpic

Comment

Here's a little something I wrote a few years ago that you might enjoy - http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...-Allergy-Pills
            sigpic

Comment

Allergies...that has added something to my brain that someone in another thread mentioned......
              sigpic

Comment

Do you have a link to your fic Kirsten?

I left a story alone a year ago, and picked it up again last month and now it's going great...writing can be a fickle thing.
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

No, I don't have a link to it. Primarily because the only parts I've got are handwritten

It's a Hammond / Fraiser thing...or it will be anyway. I'm hoping that when I finish my Open University course next month I will be able to start writing again unitl the next course in October.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've got lots of stuff planned, with various pages of notes and ideas. I know it's sci-fi, but I like stuff to seem plausible, so I do a fair bit of research.
                    sigpic

Comment

Always a good plan.
                      sigpic

Comment

So then. Snow, anyone?
                        sigpic

Comment

No. Just cold and some frost. What about you?
                          sigpic

Comment

It snowed in Greenock for a while round about this time last night.

The roads are mostly clear round about my area - it kind of helps that I'm two streets away from the Clyde.
                            sigpic

Comment

I live in Sunny Leith. It's always tropical weather here.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm in Edinburgh too, although not Leith. As for the always tropical weather...uum, ok......
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X