No announcement yet.

Calling all Scots!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Sighs wistfully* Those were the days...
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Well I had a fantastic evening watching the Braehead Clan beat the Dundee Stars at the hockey!

(sorry to any Dundonians here - btw your travelling support were great )

The other Scottish teams are the Fife Flyers and the Edinburgh Capitals
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hopefully my local Job Centre/benefit office will be open tomorrow.

My last lot of unemployment benefit was supposed to have been paid on the 30th of December, but as of yesterday there's no sign of it and I'm around £25 overdrawn at the bank.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

It should be open again from tomorrow

I'm about -£1100 at the moment (joy!)

Been on SSP since August
          sigpic

Comment

I'll give them a ring first thing in the morning.

Hopefully it'll be sorted out fairly soon. I'm booked for a tour of Glasgow Central Station on Friday afternoon.
            sigpic

Comment

I've been wanting to do a tour of Glasgow Central for years...let us know how it is
              sigpic

Comment

Right, phoned the DSS this morning, and my benefit will be paid in tomorrow (I hope).

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                I've been wanting to do a tour of Glasgow Central for years...let us know how it is
                They've only started running them again after the popularity of the tours during Doors Open Day a couple of years ago.

http://glasgowcentraltours.co.uk/
                sigpic

Comment

I know, I just haven't had a chance to go on one...hopefully I get booked on one soon
                  sigpic

Comment

I've only ever been to Glasgow once and that was about ten years ago.
                    sigpic

Comment

Being in Greenock, I'm closer to Glasgow than I am to Edinburgh.

I'm in Glasgow at least once a month, going to see a film the IMAX, or at an event or whatever.

At the end of the month, I'm going to see one of my favourite bands at the ABC in Sauchiehall Street (Hayseed Dixie, for the sixth time in the last ten years).

I'm thinking about going to an evening of Buster Keaton movies (introduced by Paul Merton) in the old Fruitmarket, in February.
                      sigpic

Comment

As in, Paul Merton from Have I Got News For You?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirsten187 View Post
                          As in, Paul Merton from Have I Got News For You?
                          Yup, that's him.

http://www.glasgowconcerthalls.com/e...on-neil-brand/
                          sigpic

Comment

I haven't watched that for years. I loved it when Ian Hislop did Jimmy Somerville impressions but that was a long time ago.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm showing my age here, but I can remember when he was just starting to make a name for himself and had a show on Channel 4 - "Paul Merton: The Series".

From what I remember, it was a bit odd (probably why I liked it).
                              sigpic

Comment

That was on at the same sort of time as Drop The Dead Donkey, wasn't?

Hmmm, this has drifted from Scotland rather, hasn't it?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X