No announcement yet.

Calling all Scots!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't help that a lot of places on Sauchiehall Street don't have their number on the building.

I think I found where the tailors was supposed to be (381 Sauchiehall Street), but it was all boarded up apparently for renovation.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Even better that you walked for ages in the rain and it was shut! Hope you don't get a cold or something.
      sigpic

Comment

Found this link on Facebook, thought it might interest you guys.

http://onthisspot.ca/glasgow.html
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
          Found this link on Facebook, thought it might interest you guys.

http://onthisspot.ca/glasgow.html
          Some good pictures there thank you for link

Comment

Great link Bru!

I follow a page on facebook all about Glasgow past and present which is pretty good - https://www.facebook.com/OldGlasgow
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

There's a 'Then and Now' page for Edinburgh too.

http://onthisspot.ca/edinburgh.html
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                There's a 'Then and Now' page for Edinburgh too.

http://onthisspot.ca/edinburgh.html
                I always find it interesting to see those type of things.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm planning another day out in Glasgow on Tuesday.

Buy a new pair of combat boots, catch a couple of films at the Cineworld, then go to the pub so meet up with some friends I've not seen since before Christmas.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've got my collectormania tickets and train tickets for August. Just need to remember not to lose them and keep checking for additional guests
                    sigpic

Comment

I truly need to return to Scotland..... however, I will not be having haggis again. I'm sure it tasted just fine, but I never could overcome the smell. Truth be told, there are other off-putting smell for me (like curry).
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm with you on haggis, Nolamom. Just the smell of it makes me want to barf.

Not fond of curries either. Give me a lovely piping hot fish supper any day of the week.
                        sigpic

Comment

Haggis makes me want to hurl not nice.

BruTak - you're right about the chippie, with salt and sauce. Tasty. I could go for one of those right now.
                          sigpic

Comment

Salt an' vinegar! You East coast heathen you!

Mum and I had a fish supper each last night (kindly bought for us by my brother), and I had the reheated remains of what we didn't finish for my lunch this afernoon.
                            sigpic

Comment

I had a feeling you wouldn't like the sauce, West Coast one! Salt and sauce every time!
                              sigpic

Comment

Haggis...yuck!

And I'll have my fish supper with vinegar and ketchup please
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X