Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The batting collapse happens with alarming regularity so I'm not THAT surprised

Comment

*Ahem* I'd like to say 'Nice one Freddie'

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
        *Ahem* I'd like to say 'Nice one Freddie'
        I'll second that......what a match, had me biting my nails at the end.

Comment

Oh Yeah !!!! We won by 2 runs!

Comment

Nail biting stuff

Comment

On behalf of the populations of Scotland, Ireland, Wales and just about the whole rest of the world, I would just like to say - COME ON THE OZZIES! You can beat those namby-pamby Poms!
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                On behalf of the populations of Scotland, Ireland, Wales and just about the whole rest of the world, I would just like to say - COME ON THE OZZIES! You can beat those namby-pamby Poms!
                How utterly Scottish of you BruTak. Normally I'd be with you but since my lads English, I've sort of supported England in the Ashes...I know, I know I'm letting the side down.

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                  How utterly Scottish of you BruTak. Normally I'd be with you but since my lads English, I've sort of supported England in the Ashes...I know, I know I'm letting the side down.
                  Drink a pint of Irn Bru, and read a whole month's worth of Oor Wullie and The Broons to compensate, and I'll forgive you - just this once.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Drink a pint of Irn Bru, and read a whole month's worth of Oor Wullie and The Broons to compensate, and I'll forgive you - just this once.
                    Well I've had my Irn Bru fix already (what a hangover cure). I haven't read Our Wullie for years, takes me back.

Comment

I had a friend who's family were from New Zealand but she grew up in England, she supported England in football but the All Blacks in rugby

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                        Well I've had my Irn Bru fix already (what a hangover cure). I haven't read Our Wullie for years, takes me back.
                        I remember a few years ago, there was an ep of The Broons that depicted Maggie Broon in a swimsuit. I had to take a cold shower after seeing that, I can tell you...
                        sigpic

Comment

Gloat, gloat, gloat, gloat, gloat

I have to say this is better than Botham's Ashes of 81

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                            Gloat, gloat, gloat, gloat, gloat

I have to say this is better than Botham's Ashes of 81
                            What a fantastic series....I've been hooked.

Well done England (I'm a Scot, but live with a couple of Englishmen), and well done Australia....both teams have done the sport proud, it's been great.

Comment

Does it make you happy or irritated that the English will always cheer for Scotland (Wales, Ireland...) against any other non-british-isles team?

It was so funny watching the spectators as the umpires were discussing whether it was too dark to play. All the English had their umbrellas up, and all the Aussies were taking layers of clothing off and fanning themselves

Madeleine

Comment

Umpire Billy Bowden is a little strange I admit, does he have Arthritis?, he could never hold his fingers up straight

Comment

Working...
                                X