This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
    And we wouldn't want to be like that That would make us like Shane Warne and nobody wants that, one Warnie is more than enough .
    I am so glad he is living in England now .
    Yah, thanks a lot, he's the captain of Hampshire and the Rosebowl is 15 miles from where I live

Comment

Never fear, the latest is that he'll move to Sth Africa.

Comment

Do the South African's know this yet

Comment

Not as far as I know. There's still time to warn (ahem!) them.

Comment

I bet a lot of those South African's can't wait to give him a pasting

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
              We've won 2 world cups now, only people tend to forget the rugby one
              But how long after the final whistle did it take for the commentary team to mention the words - "England", "World Cup", and "1966"?
              If memory serves - oohh - about five seconds...
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Something like that, hey we don't win that often so we like to bang on about our victories when we can

BTW Robbie McEwen did well in the Tour de France yesterday

Comment

Something like that, hey we don't win that often so we like to bang on about our victories when we can

BTW Robbie McEwen did well in the Tour de France yesterday
                  Patting yourselves on the back when you win something is fine, I don't mind that. It's when the whole "World Cup 1966" gets rammed down our throats that really gets on my wick.

Changing the subject slightly, can I just say the new Ashes commercial on C4 is hilarious?

"You there, ice cream boy, bowl for me..."
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Ashes, mmm, I am looking forward to my complete lack of sleep for the next few weeks.

Yea! Go Aussie.

Comment

I can see this thread being top of pile for the rest of the summer at least it'll confuse the Americans, I need something to watch when the Tour de France finishes. My Dad took me to the Oval to see the final test of the 81 Ashes series

Comment

There's no way we can lose the Ashes now. Little Jonny is going all the over to the UK to have 'Talks with the British Prime Minister'. So he'll do that for one day, and spend the rest at the cricket barracking the Aussies on

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          There's no way we can lose the Ashes now. Little Jonny is going all the over to the UK to have 'Talks with the British Prime Minister'. So he'll do that for one day, and spend the rest at the cricket barracking the Aussies on
                          Haha, you are not suggesting the only reason he planned his trip OS was to coincide with the Ashes? Surley not.

Comment

Aus are getting smashed ATM. hopefully the bowlers will get another 50\100, and give them a decent 1st innihgs.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

*Holds head in hands*

I CAN'T believe they threw that great start away

looks like the same old same old is happening again

*Groans*

Comment

*Holds head in hands* I CAN'T believe they threw that great start away looks like the same old same old is happening again *Groans*
                                I have to say I was surprised at how quickly England crashed. I am being sincere.

Yeah or Ooh ah, Glenn McGrath's "500" test wickets.

Comment

Working...
                                X