srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Whew i am past 666 Yesss
        sigpic
        Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
          Yes, but the amount of energy to produce a noticible amount of mass would be astronomical. But yeah, a wraith cannot be consistently losing mass in life. However, this brings up the question, from what material does a wraith regenerate a limb if they are never taking in significant amounts of mass during his adult life?
          Indeed, having thought through the science, once adult in size, the Wraith don't get fat (kinda of what I was saying in most of the post - I attempted to disagree with youm but then proved you!)

As for when a Wraith loses a hand for example - I would say they would have to have a store of undifferentiated cells which could move to the site of loss and differentiate into a new hand (ie, no new cells are created, but some change their 'function'. Overall the poor Wraith would shrink a bit.
          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by T'saria
            i survived my 666 post.
            you shall two
            I stayed on 666 overnight
            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
              Indeed, having thought through the science, once adult in size, the Wraith don't get fat (kinda of what I was saying in most of the post - I attempted to disagree with youm but then proved you!)

As for when a Wraith loses a hand for example - I would say they would have to have a store of undifferentiated cells which could move to the site of loss and differentiate into a new hand (ie, no new cells are created, but some change their 'function'. Overall the poor Wraith would shrink a bit.
              So does a wraith have a massive, dense store of such undifferentiated cells? If so, then a Wraith has a limited amount of body mass he can regenerate and then anything he loses stays gone.
              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

We've never SEEN a wraith regenerate a limb have we? And the humans they feed upon seem to lose considerable mass.

Comment

I like things that make noise.

*goes off away from the smart people to play with such things*

Comment

So does a wraith have a massive, dense store of such undifferentiated cells? If so, then a Wraith has a limited amount of body mass he can regenerate and then anything he loses stays gone.
                    *still pondering this ADP + Pi/E=mc^2 theory..thinks there is someting in the equation that is missing but doesn't know what..too tired..it'll come to me late tonight. *
                    WraithyPuff

Feel like slackin', read some fan fic.
                    "It's actually safe to create a universe in your basement."
                    Alan Guth, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, On M Theory

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                      I like things that make noise.

*goes off away from the smart people to play with such things*
                      Did you not take advantage of the Dave Barry article? Some other government is considering blowing up a whale carcass. Those that don't study history are doomed to repeat it...
                      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
                        We've never SEEN a wraith regenerate a limb have we? And the humans they feed upon seem to lose considerable mass.
                        ah! good point! seen them heal, so we assume they
                        can regenerate limbs..
                        it is good to be a wraith.
                        WraithyPuff

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
                          I stayed on 666 overnight
                          this is why you are such a good hubby for BTS.
                          it's not an
                          its a
                          WraithyPuff

Comment

http://news.scotsman.com/scitech.cfm?id=336792006

History repeating...
                            Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

I've run out of stuff to say, so I'll just post to win.
                              sigpic

Comment

eeeewwwww
                                srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Working...
                                X