Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srg
    one, because there is only 1 number 9
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
      But the question didnt say add six every time you subtracted six
      But the question didn't tell you that you couldn't.

Comment

How about this... I win.
        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
          No, 6/30 = 0.2.
          I didnt say 6 divided by 30, i said 6 divided into 30

Comment

Originally posted by Odin's eyes
            Nothing last for infinity. YOU can only do it for the time you are alive. Because of that my answer was correct. Infinity is too long.
            Infinity is accepted in maths cause some equations have no end result.
            sigpic

Comment

Entropy can be defeated!
              -Or stalled at least...
              If we just build a large enough super-collider to create the next Big-Bang.

Comment

How many cookies can you eat on an empty stomach?

Comment

I didnt say 6 divided by 30, i said 6 divided into 30
                  It means the same, but 30/6=5.
                  sigpic

Comment

She's right you know, don't argue with scientists
                    srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Infinity is accepted in maths cause some equations have no end result.
                      But the question was for how long YOU could subtract 6 from 30. Life is not forever and becuase of that the answer can't be.
                      If the question was for how long it would be possible to subtract 6 from 30 without limiting it to any number of people your answer would be the correct one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Weir
                        lol, now im all confused , anyway the question was "how many times can you take six away from 30", only once because after you have taken it away you no longer have 30

Comment

But the question was for how long YOU could subtract 6 from 30. Life is not forever and becuase of that the answer can't be.
                          If the question was for how long it would be possible to subtract 6 from 30 without limiting it to any number of people your answer would be the correct one.
                          lol, but the question wasnt how long, it was how many

Comment

lol, now im all confused , anyway the question was "how many times can you take six away from 30", only once because after you have taken it away you no longer have 30

But as stated previously by me I can still add 6 inbeween subtrackting it since your question didn't stop me from doing so.
                            Math can sometime give more then one correct answer it seems.
                            at least in thise thread.

Comment

Just write infinity, doesn't take a lifetime to write that. It's accepted to write that in maths for certain equations.
                              sigpic

Comment

lol, but the question wasnt how long, it was how many
                                And that's limited by the number of years you live. I said a great many times and the other option was infinity. My answer was clearly the more correct one if we limit it to just one person. right?

Comment

Working...
                                X