Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    In my mind I did a Snoopy Happy Dance and squeed, too
    I might have actually danced a bit. Okay, a lot. And squeed, too.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

According to Eric Dane on Twitter, "The Last Ship" has been picked up for a 3rd season. Yay!
      Yippie!

Comment

Their is also an official press release since we know Twitter can be inaccurate
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

In that world of the show I'd be scared ****less if the immunes went back the Faslane naval base on the river Clyde here in Scotland and put to sea in 1 of the 4 Vanguard class ballistic missile submarines. The thought of nuclear weapons in the hands of those crazy bastards scares me. Since the Nathan James is at sea hunting for the Achilles, being nuked would be the last thing on their minds.

Comment

I'm glad that this show is getting a third season. I've been really enjoying this one.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr Sean Coll View Post
              In that world of the show I'd be scared ****less if the immunes went back the Faslane naval base on the river Clyde here in Scotland and put to sea in 1 of the 4 Vanguard class ballistic missile submarines. The thought of nuclear weapons in the hands of those crazy bastards scares me. Since the Nathan James is at sea hunting for the Achilles, being nuked would be the last thing on their minds.
              Can nukes be fired though, without codes? If they just went on one, would they have access to the code vault/missile keys?

Comment

Yes they can be fired at the Captains discretion here in the UK. All they have to get are the vault keys from the XO and weapons engineering officer to access the firing trigger. It is possible that all the vanguard crews are dead it would be easy getting those keys or just carefully cracking those safes. The Vanguard crew can set the target and blast yield of all warheads/missiles.

Comment

So it comes down to, did the british MOD, get those keys removed before all had succumb, or not?

Comment

So for tonight's ep we saw the 'flotilla' of survivors at a distance.. but they soon bought it courtesy of teh crazy "immunes".. Man do i hope they all die a horible death soon!

And the whole 'investigation' into doc.. Showed just how much Tom is a follower of the rules!

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I'm think Chandler is going to get a talking to by the Chaplain about what he did to Rachel. I think he went way overboard with her; probably because he was really angry. Maybe when (and if) he gets a talking to. This is where he needs his father to talk some sense into him.

That whole scene when the torpedos were fired at the Nathan James was pretty intense, and then the James firing on the torpedos and exploding most of them. Only to have to witness numerous explosions onshore where many, many more people were killed - and then watching the video blaming the Nathan James for all the destruction. It will be interesting to see just what this huge cliffhanger will be about. I'm thinking it will be a confrontation between the Nathan James and Achilles. Maybe one will be sunk and the other damaged.

Loved Tex coming to visit Rachel to give her a pep talk.

I got a little girly and squeeish at seeing Wolf and Burk in the men's shower room - shirtless. I did notice that Ravit seemed to enjoy teasing Burk after Wolf left the room.

On Facebook, there were a lot of people wondering why the guys were giving candy bars and tokens to the two guys at one of the tables in the mess. Somebody else speculatate it was because they were guarding Rachel, though why I'm not sure. Were they applauding them for keeping her safe or for keeping her from hurting anyone else.

She was incredibly gutsy to inject herself with the serum she had developed from Niels.

When the Achilles is finally destroyed, I expect the loud squeeing will be heard around the country.

I will definitely be waiting impatiently for the DVDs to come out for Season 2, so I can start rewatching.

Comment

Some thoughts about tonight.

Spoiler:
                        I think that the candy and stuff was because the rest of the crew is glad Niels is gone, and wants to reward those that might have had a hand in it. It's a sick kind of payback for ridding the ship of the evil guy.

Niels deserved it. Seriously.

I think that Chandler is just afraid of becoming the people that he's fighting against. He doesn't want to be like the people on the sub and become so focused on getting his way that his humanity suffers. I believe that he's a man of intense honor and can't see his way past that - not that he should. He expects to be obeyed, though, and Rachel is a civilian, and a wild card. Obviously, she's not as idealistic as she appeared in the beginning. Also, she's lost everything --opening up wounds that started when she lost her mother. It'll be interesting to see where it goes.

Did POTUS set those people on the flotilla up? I still can't bring myself to trust him.

But wow--what a set up for the season ending.

Does anyone know how many episodes are left in the season?

sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

There are 12 or 13 episodes in this season, so there's 1 or 2 episodes left.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I've been reading comments on the various TLS Facebook sights on the subject of Rachel and what she did. The vast majority approves. A few stragglers think she's as bad as Niels because of what she did to him.

Most also disapprove of Chandler's actions towards Rachel. One suggested that he was possibly protecting her somehow by confining her to quarters, but I don't know what he'd be protecting her from.

Another person said that Chandler is a hypocrite because he's done the same thing she did when killing many of the enemy by his own hand (the kitchen fight and a few others). Yes, it was self-defense in most of those cases, but it's a very fine line between what she did and what he did. A person also pointed out that he all but ordered her in a previous episode to do whatever it took to find the cure and make it work; he didn't qualify that order by saying "but don't kill anybody in the process". Doesn't that make him complicit in her actions. She may not be military, but she was following orders. Something he claims they all should be doing.
                            Last edited by hedwig; 17 August 2015, 04:32 PM. Reason: fixing a typo

Comment

Spoiler:
                              If anything Chandler was too soft. Rachel committed murder. Its not her place to be judge, jury, and executioner. No matter what atrocities Niels committed (and yes it was horrific) it does not get Rachel the right to kill him. I do understand Chandler's tight position given how crucial she is to curing people of the virus.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

there are 12 or 13 episodes in this season, so there's 1 or 2 episodes left.
                                waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Comment

Working...
                                X