Person of Interest - Discussion/Spoilers/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
    A DVR, if you can afford it, transforms your relationship to the TV. Once you have your DVR, read How to Enable a Hidden Commercial-Skipping Button on Any DVR

It's tangible, but it had itself moved. To where, no one knows. I'd guess it's distributed among several data & processing centers, same as Samaritan (who has *lots* of centers). The concealment is actually a weak point for the story. Samaritan should be able to locate The Machine through traffic analysis, but we'd have no series if that happened. Don't think about it. Look at the kittens. Kittens!
    Not necessarily, if The Machine has built it own taps into the internet and other data networks those taps could be sending the data to the machine using a separate network that it built itself, pretty much Finches built a mesh mobile phone network to shield their communications. Now build a network capable of transporting terabytes of information secretly may be a tag unbelievable but so is a computer that can analyse all that information in real time.

Comment

Spoiler:
      The returning character is Carter. She will be shown in flashbacks in relation to a unsolved case that she worked on, and now Reece is trying to or does solve the case.

Comment

It doesn't seem that unbelievable since in Season 3(maybe late season 2)
        Spoiler:
        they mentioned needing a cpu much faster than current ones, I think they said 3x(so one about 12GHz). A super computer using something like Knights Landing by intel clocked to 12GHZ used with all the latest memory,storage,networking,NVIDIA's pascal would probably be able to achieve something like Samaritan.
        Last edited by Master Chief Jack O Niell; 09 April 2015, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          Spoiler:
          Nice to see Zoe again, seeing a lot of her this season, but thats no bad thing!

So, if Carter is returning next week, cant be real, must be a flashback or something as knowles2 says, or one hell of a twist...
          Spoiler:
          I think I read somewhere that it's simply a flashback.
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

As I understand the upcoming episode
            Spoiler:
            reese is working a number that ties back to a case of Carter's. We see his current day actions then flashback to her actions in the past
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well that was an interesting episode...

Spoiler:
              So, they wernt flashbacks (well, kinda were), but it was good to see Carter again.
              I thought they might do a suprise death for a second, but then I thought if they were going to kill John, it would be in a big episode

Comment

Sometimes I think of this show as science fiction, at other times just a crime procedural. One of the biggest things that requires a suspension of disbelief is the number of times John has been shot but then recovers. Maybe he has super powers of recuperation, which would qualify as SF.

Comment

I think part of last night's was
                  Spoiler:

Finch's comment that some things just can't be replaced (paraphrased) and John's realization that it's a whole teamwork thing, and in making emotional connections with team machine they do the one thing that the machine or samaritan can't do, be human and caring and in knowing each other that way, they're stronger

sigpic

Comment

If anyone's interested in the finale, there's the Paley centre conference video to get excited about. (Spoilers in it!)
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                      If anyone's interested in the finale, there's the Paley centre conference video to get excited about. (Spoilers in it!)
                      Spoiler:

Half a dozen deaths, thats a blood bath.

I predict,

Domonic will die, after he learns about the machine and Samaritan and helping out somehow.
                      Geer will be abandoned by his god to die at the hand of Finch, who finally pulls the trigger after seeing his creation die.
                      Control will die but will give Finch something of vital importance for next season, probably the locations of a copy of the machine, they couldn't create the software but there would be little stopping her from recreating the hardware.

Root, Bear(they will lose a tonne of viewers if a single hair is harm on that dog!) and Finch are safe. Got a feeling Reece may be the one to die on the machine side, saving Fusco. With Harper replacing him, which will bring a different dynamic to the show as she isn't as trained a Reece and will have to use her intelligence and con artists abilities a lot more.

Not sure who the other two are, probably Geer lieutenants or a death or two as part of the corrections project.

Comment

Wow, what an episode and set up for the finale (how many episodes do we have left?)

Spoiler:
                        Finally we get to see Control moving against Samaritan, was wondering what her next move would be after last episode and was beginning to think they had left it...

So, has Shaw been turned? Im thinking shes a bit of both at the moment, but I think we will be seeing more from her now that the other lady (whose name escapes me) is dead...

Nice move by Root on her though... Even when pinned down shes deadly... and Elias as well, he played Dominic like a fiddle...

Really interested to see how all this pans out, and who will survive to next season...

Comment

Wow, what an episode and set up for the finale (how many episodes do we have left?)

Spoiler:
                          Finally we get to see Control moving against Samaritan, was wondering what her next move would be after last episode and was beginning to think they had left it...

So, has Shaw been turned? Im thinking shes a bit of both at the moment, but I think we will be seeing more from her now that the other lady (whose name escapes me) is dead...

Nice move by Root on her though... Even when pinned down shes deadly... and Elias as well, he played Dominic like a fiddle...

Really interested to see how all this pans out, and who will survive to next season...
                          Spoiler:

The fact Harald little hide out wasn't raided by Decima agents suggests she hasn't been completely compromise. Even better Elias told him exactly what he was going to do it before he did it. Just the 1 episode, so not enough CBS better renewed it.

Comment

Hard to tell, considering the first episode of the season had 10.58m viewers and this last episode had 8.45 apparently. It looks to be going up and down during the season. I think the constant breaks hasnt helped its cause...

Hopefully it does get renewed as I love this show!

Spoiler:
                            Yeah, I love how Elias played Dominic

Comment

Elias and Dominic
                              Spoiler:
                              bloodthirsty poetry in action
                              such poetic justice.

sigpic

Comment

Hard to tell, considering the first episode of the season had 10.58m viewers and this last episode had 8.45 apparently. It looks to be going up and down during the season. I think the constant breaks hasnt helped its cause...

Hopefully it does get renewed as I love this show!

Spoiler:
                                Yeah, I love how Elias played Dominic
                                It looks like a pretty standard fall for TV. Numbers always tend to be lower in the spring.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X